ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s try this again

I’m not saying Biden (or his team) isn’t at fault for picking him, but this is on a grown adult with important responsibilities completely abandoning them without doing the right thing.
Ever been in an organization where you could take off for three days and not inform both your number two and your superior?

And now magnify that by the importance of your position in the country; hell, the world.

The entire Harvard/Gay thing is tiddly-winks in comparison.

Ever been in an organization where you could take off for three days and not inform both your number two and your superior?

And now magnify that by the importance of your position in the country; hell, the world.

The entire Harvard/Gay thing is tiddly-winks in comparison.
Hmmm. Sounds like the type of organization where you can make a quarter mil a year and take a month off to stay home during a crisis in your first six months on the job

I'm not entirely shocked no one would notice. Do we really think the white house calls to check in on SecDef every day? I doubt it. There are a lot of channels of communication between the Oval and the Pentagon, and if Austin didn't want anyone to know he was in the hospital, it probably wouldn't have been hard to do.

I'm more concerned about the fact that the Pentagon didn't think telling the white house this news was a high priority.
Likely a testament to what they think of the WH administration. “Why bother?”

Hmmm. Sounds like the type of organization where you can make a quarter mil a year and take a month off to stay home during a crisis in your first six months on the job
Tech company work/ life balance culture is run amok in this administration.

All that means is those who don’t take advantage of it will rise of the top. Admiral Rachel Levine hasn’t missed a day in a year.

She’s going to Secretary of State soon.

It’s like this administration is TRYING to be more inept than Trumps.

And they’re succeeding.
Trump is the nominee. His court shit will be too late. He should come out now and announce Kush as vp. Then if something happens to trump we’re in great hands. Slam dunk

Looks like it was prostate cancer and he never lost consciousness. Get well soon SecDef!

This confirms the suspicions I had when Austin earlier said something to the effect of "this was my decision and my procedure," sounding all coy and circumspect and even ashamed. People are weird about their health issues. It's like a cancer diag is shameful or something. I had thought we were getting past that, with all the Breast Cancer Awareness and all that kind of stuff, but maybe not with men and their particular "man parts" cancers. Too bad. Not only was his reticence unnecessary, it's probably going to end up costing him his job.

This confirms the suspicions I had when Austin earlier said something to the effect of "this was my decision and my procedure," sounding all coy and circumspect and even ashamed. People are weird about their health issues. It's like a cancer diag is shameful or something. I had thought we were getting past that, with all the Breast Cancer Awareness and all that kind of stuff, but maybe not with men and their particular "man parts" cancers. Too bad. Not only was his reticence unnecessary, it's probably going to end up costing him his job.
Or maybe he's just a private guy? I know plenty of people who have gone through hell back with their health or the health of a loved one and didn't say a word about it. You probably know people like that too. Not everyone is down with their personal business being splashed around.

With that said, he still should have made key people around him aware that he was going to be out of pocket and not dropped out of sight. It's not like he's a guy working on the line at GM or some middle manager in charge of TPS reports.

Or maybe he's just a private guy? I know plenty of people who have gone through hell back with their health or the health of a loved one and didn't say a word about it. You probably know people like that too. Not everyone is down with their personal business being splashed around.

I get that. It just strikes me as weird. And it should be obvious that one gives up some if not most of that privacy when you sign on as the SecDef.

With that said, he still should have made key people around him aware that he was going to be out of pocket and not dropped out of sight. It's not like he's a guy working on the line at GM or some middle manager in charge of TPS reports.

Of course. Again, when you sign on as SecDef, you need to put your responsibilities ahead of your privacy. Doesn't have to be front page news, but those you work with and report to need to be kept abreast of your status. The whole deal has been stupid.

It appears he was hospitalized on December 22nd and had a prostatectomy. At that point he would’ve been under general anesthesia.

Then he was re-admitted due to complications (UTI)….which during that time he never lost consciousness.

Reactions: UncleMark
Just totally inept.
Who here thinks any of you guys would care if this happened under Trump? This thread ranks right up there with mcm being a Karen over pete taking paternity leave.

What issues arose by this travesty?

I sleep well knowing you guys are on top of this very important issue lmao

Last edited:
Who here thinks any of you guys would care if this happened under Trump? This thread ranks right up there with mcm being a Karen over pete taking paternity leave.

What issues arose by this travesty?

I sleep well knowing you guys are on top of this very important issue lmao
Hey, ya effin bonehead, look back thru my posting history. I have never praised Trump. Can't stand the man. Have seldom agreed with right wingers on this board.

But ya know what, the wet dream team is correct about you. You're a hyper partisan moron, the Dmb of the left.

Hey, ya effin bonehead, look back thru my posting history. I have never praised Trump. Can't stand the man. Have seldom agreed with right wingers on this board.

But ya know what, the wet dream team is correct about you. You're a hyper partisan moron, the Dmb of the left.
Resorting to insults. You should apply for the dream team since you would fit right in.

Maybe in your next post you could actually answer the question. there's a thought.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990

boom-dynamite.gif

Reactions: Spartans9312
Resorting to insults. You should apply for the dream team since you would fit right in.

Maybe in your next post you could actually answer the question. there's a thought.
All right, I'll answer your question.
1) "Who here thinks any of you guys would care if this happened under Trump?"
I'd care if it happened under Trump, or any other president.

2)"What issues arose by this travesty?"
None. But that is not the point. The point is that it shows ineptitude at the highest level of our government.

All right, I'll answer your question.
1) "Who here thinks any of you guys would care if this happened under Trump?"
I'd care if it happened under Trump, or any other president.

2)"What issues arose by this travesty?"
None. But that is not the point. The point is that it shows ineptitude at the highest level of our government.
1) Glad you're not one of the many in this thread that are hypocrites

2) that's a bit overblown. Austin and staff screwed up

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

You’re still just a Senior. Over time you’ll learn that you don’t get to be the dream team by being wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT