ADVERTISEMENT

Ivermectin a promising drug...

If Ivermectin was some sort of cure-all, then the 3 prominent vax deniers who died this past week, would never have needed to be admitted to the ICU, much less died. Because all 3 of them took Ivermectin prior to seeking actual medical help with actual covid physicians in hospitals...

Caleb Wallace seems especially tragic because he was only 30 yrs old. Wallace started experiencing covid-like symptoms on July 26.

"According to his wife, Jessica, who was interviewed by the New York Times, when Caleb came down with Covid-19, he initially self-medicated with copious doses of Vitamin D, C, aspirin, and Zinc. He also took ivermectin, a drug used to treat infections in the body caused by parasites, such head lice and scabies."

Now that's an account from a media source that sympathized and worked with Wallace on his anti-mask, anti-vax initiatives, so they knew him well. Here's some real irony...

"Caleb Wallace’s activism continued past the summer of 2020. During a briefing of the County Judge’s Coronavirus Task Force in November of 2020, Wallace chastised county health and political leaders. Waiting until the end of the meeting, he approached the microphone to denounce the efforts of the combined government entities to mitigate the spread of the virus. He started with Shannon Medical Center, accusing the hospital system of cooking the books in their reporting of Covid-19 test results."

The irony is that when Wallace's "home remedies" proved useless and his condition deteriorated, it was SHANNON MEDICAL CENTER where a relative took him to be admitted and eventually ventilated.

Another irony was that while Caleb Wallace was being ventilated someone on this board started a thread linking to a children's health defense article by Christian Elliot hyping the same sort of conspiracy theories that Wallace adhered to. Wallace was undoubtedly influenced by the same sort of vaccine misconceptions and "statistics" about low death rates that permeate Elliot's article.

The fact that Elliot is a "life and nutrition coach" and undoubtedly would have approved of Wallace's attempts to medicate with Zinc, and Vitamins C and D shouldn't be lost on anyone either. In fact, it's basically the type of remedy all the anti-vax advocates endorse.
Pretty sure it's been touted by some people on this board, including the originator of that particular thread who said he would "quarantine at home for two weeks if he tested positive".

I had to have blood drawn this morning for lab work and I HATE shots. But it seems to me if I had the choice (and I did) between getting a jab or two, or getting covid and having to rely on unproven drugs that might save my life, the shot would be what any sane person
I agree with most of that. I am not a vaccine denier. Got it when I could. All kids have too.

And NOBODY is calling it a cure all. And 3 cases are anecdotal, just like stoll's 2 cases.

But what about those people who cannot get the vaccine? Should we not be looking into treatments? If we should, why shouldn't Ivermectin be a part of that research?

Again, I am looking for research pro and con for Ivermectin. But admittedly, I am not a scientist, so trying to decipher all that I am reading and what I should be looking for has been challenging. An article from USA today is not going to cut it for me. And neither is some linguist who was hired by the AP as a fact checker.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
If we should, why shouldn't Ivermectin be a part of that research?
Go to clinicaltrials.gov and type in ivermectin. 192 clinical trials with it are ongoing or have been recently completed. I didn't scroll through all 192, but most of the first 75 or so that I looked at were all related to trying to use invermectin for COVID-19.

The argument that it is not being researched is flat-out wrong. Tons of money is being poured into researching it HEAVILY.

So far, the results from clinical trials that have been completed are not at all encouraging. I wish that it worked, seriously.

Go to clinicaltrials.gov and type in ivermectin. 192 clinical trials with it are ongoing or have been recently completed. I didn't scroll through all 192, but most of the first 75 or so that I looked at were all related to trying to use invermectin for COVID-19.

The argument that it is not being researched is flat-out wrong. Tons of money is being poured into researching it HEAVILY.

So far, the results from clinical trials that have been completed are not at all encouraging. I wish that it worked, seriously.

I looked at the site. With a simple sort, there are 75 studies for covid using ivermectin. 26 have been completed. 2 had results. And I am trying to read but having some difficulty.

And then the website c19ivermectin.com has a database of 113 studies, 73 peer reviewed, 63 with results comparing treatment and control group.

So I will keep reading, learning, etc.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I agree with most of that. I am not a vaccine denier. Got it when I could. All kids have too.

And NOBODY is calling it a cure all. And 3 cases are anecdotal, just like stoll's 2 cases.

But what about those people who cannot get the vaccine? Should we not be looking into treatments? If we should, why shouldn't Ivermectin be a part of that research?

Again, I am looking for research pro and con for Ivermectin. But admittedly, I am not a scientist, so trying to decipher all that I am reading and what I should be looking for has been challenging. An article from USA today is not going to cut it for me. And neither is some linguist who was hired by the AP as a fact checker.
I think your points are fair, but there really are some folks promoting it as a cure-all, and per usual many of them have a financial stake...

There are some serious questions about some of the folks involved in both FLCCC and SpeakWithAnMD.com, not the least is the profit motive involved...

So even though this video comes from TYT and they are pretty leftist, the key element (IMHO) is the background investigation they provide into the grifting aspect of some involved. Including things like the consultation fee, the meet and greet, and the pricing ($70-$700) for prescribing what is essentially a pretty inexpensive drug...

And if that is too far left/long for your tastes, this article on the original concept of Ivermectin advocates viewing it as a "bridge" until a vaccine was available is pretty eye-opening. It traces the history of the movement from its original small group of doctors and the way it was co-opted by politicians and opportunists. Further, it recounts how some of the original physicians who viewed Ivermectin as a "bridge" have been dismayed and in the case of Dr Eric Kory have even left FLCCC because FLCCC has not endorsed the vaccine...

I think your points are fair, but there really are some folks promoting it as a cure-all, and per usual many of them have a financial stake...

There are some serious questions about some of the folks involved in both FLCCC and SpeakWithAnMD.com, not the least is the profit motive involved...

So even though this video comes from TYT and they are pretty leftist, the key element (IMHO) is the background investigation they provide into the grifting aspect of some involved. Including things like the consultation fee, the meet and greet, and the pricing ($70-$700) for prescribing what is essentially a pretty inexpensive drug...

And if that is too far left/long for your tastes, this article on the original concept of Ivermectin advocates viewing it as a "bridge" until a vaccine was available is pretty eye-opening. It traces the history of the movement from its original small group of doctors and the way it was co-opted by politicians and opportunists. Further, it recounts how some of the original physicians who viewed Ivermectin as a "bridge" have been dismayed and in the case of Dr Eric Kory have even left FLCCC because FLCCC has not endorsed the vaccine...

Ahhh life on the fringe. Things are much less dramatic here in the middle…

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

Thank you for the info and links. But neither really discusses the efficacy of Ivermectin. I have read studies, double blind, peer reviewed, and some have shown no statistically significant difference while others have.

I don't think we can get the toothpaste back in the tube and stupid people will use it incorrectly. But the FDA needs to review all the studies and say yeah or nay on the protocol. The vaccine is great but may not be effective against all variants and we may need more treatments down the road.

I do know one thing for 100% certain. Veterinarian grade Ivermeck will now be on the band list and the cost of animal husbandry just sextupled for any country animal owner. This will now be more dangerous than the Pseudo ephedrine rules.
Libs think it's inconvenient to let our people kill themselves, but its EFFing terrible to let them try to cure themselves.

Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
I do know one thing for 100% certain. Veterinarian grade Ivermeck will now be on the band list and the cost of animal husbandry just sextupled for any country animal owner. This will now be more dangerous than the Pseudo ephedrine rules.
Libs think it's inconvenient to let our people kill themselves, but its EFFing terrible to let them try to cure themselves.
Band list?

Even the maker of Ivermectin, Merck, is pleading with people not to take it for Covid.

Unfortunately, you can’t teach stupid. These are the same people who were all in on hydroxychloroquine. They are immune to one thing. And that is facts.

Natural Selection.
It is weird how these folks just float from one medical treatment to another, somehow thinking they’re “outsmarting” the experts or discovering some secret only a select few know about. All the while a vaccine exists that greatly reduces your chances of severe illness. Just bizarre.

Human behavior during this pandemic will be studied for years.

It is weird how these folks just float from one medical treatment to another, somehow thinking they’re “outsmarting” the experts or discovering some secret only a select few know about. All the while a vaccine exists that greatly reduces your chances of severe illness. Just bizarre.
And according to these geniuses, pointing out this bizarre behavior is a big reason they won't get themselves vaccinated.

Human behavior during this pandemic will be studied for years.
As of the weekend, I’ve concluded that it’s just obvious there is no convincing them. Therefore, although I hope they change their behavior, I think they’re just “dead enders” and they’re fully willing to “own the libs” to death.

The thing is, I don’t think vaccinated people feel “owned”, so…we’ll let Natural Selection do its thing and everything will work itself out. If they want to watch their friends and relatives suffocate to death, that’s their business. I have no more sympathy for them.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
As of the weekend, I’ve concluded that it’s just obvious there is no convincing them. Therefore, although I hope they change their behavior, I think they’re just “dead enders” and they’re fully willing to “own the libs” to death.

The thing is, I don’t think vaccinated people feel “owned”, so…we’ll let Natural Selection do its thing and everything will work itself out. If they want to watch their friends and relatives suffocate to death, that’s their business. I have no more sympathy for them.
I can’t figure out if these folks are starved for attention or what, but there is an element of narcissism to it. I know and fully accept my limitations as it pertains to many subjects, and medical expertise is certainly one. Therefore I have no issue listening to those who do it for a living, just as I would to a mechanic when it comes to my vehicle. For whatever reason they seem desperate. That would seem, at least in my case, to be an awful way to live and I think that in part explains why these folks are so angry and aggressive at school board meetings, etc.

”No more sympathy for them”. You disingenuous liar, you never did have any for them & have been saying so for weeks. What you feel is butthurt, which is why you post the same thing over and over and over again. You’d be better off reading some material explaining what Natural Selection really is.😂😂😂

"I'll show you! I'll kill me!"
If they do, what’s the big deal? You folks don’t care about mothers killing their babies, so why worry about rubes and hillbillies killing themselves?

Last edited:
”No more sympathy for them”. You disingenuous liar, you never did have any for them & have been saying so for weeks. What you feel is butthurt, which is why you post the same thing over and over and over again. You’d be better off reading some material explaining what Natural Selection really is.😂😂😂
We already went through this. Sorry you can’t keep up.

The good news for you is you got a like from DANC, so you know you made a quality post.

Reactions: cosmickid
Well, it's easy to remember the most foolish posters on this board. You do make an impressions, though.
Still in your head at 2am.......

Please tell me you don't dream about me. If you do, I don't want to know.

Reactions: DrHoops
Still in your head at 2am.......

Please tell me you don't dream about me. If you do, I don't want to know.

I think it’s the exact opposite. Im in YOURS You’re fantasizing about what I’m thinking, which is flattering. And also wondering if I’m dreaming of you.

Dan...I'm blushing.

Last edited:
DANC's squeeze:

E-Iw4G8UYAE8frQ.png

• Haha
Reactions: DrHoops
I think it’s the exact opposite. Im in YOURS You’re fantasizing about what I’m thinking, which is flattering. And also wondering if I’m dreaming of you.

Dan...I'm blushing.
Translation: I know you are, but what am I?

Such a sad response. I bet you were the king of comebacks in the 5th grade.

Translation: I know you are, but what am I?

Such a sad response. I bet you were the king of comebacks in the 5th grade.
Danny...be honest. Do you have a little crush on me?

That's cute! ;)

Danny...be honest. Do you have a little crush on me?

That's cute! ;)
Might as well give it a shot considering your luck with the ladies. The Porsche seems like more of a car for picking up dudes anyway, nttawwt. 😂😂

• Haha
Might as well give it a shot considering your luck with the ladies. The Porsche seems like more of a car for picking up dudes anyway, nttawwt. 😂😂
Pretty weird how much you focus my personal life. What an oddball!

Despite being WILDLY inaccurate, you must sit around fantasizing anyway. I suggest you and Danny get together so you can talk about me to each other. That way you can let your imaginations run wild! ;)

PM me if you want me to send you a pic, so you can make a poster and put it over your bed! Right next to your Hunky Firemen 2021 Calendar.

The good doctor thinks he's being clever when, in fact, he's just creepy.

Isn’t Maddow and MSNBC better than this? She still hasn’t taken this lie down. Can someone explain to me why Twitter hasn’t taken it down?

I don’t need to hear anymore about FOX.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT