ADVERTISEMENT

IU isn’t very good….

Classic projection. Keep the lights bright, Ordy.
Sorry, but I’m not playing your childish little game. For all I know, several of you are the same person, since you share the trait of never talking IU football. Amazingly, you all come out at once. Not sure why non-IU people care, but here you are. Go away little troll.

No, he won't. He doesn't have the wheels. He could end up being a good player for us, but he will be much different than Ramsey.
It's sad how incredibly underrated Peyton Ramsey was. That kid was really good and the biggest reason for the successes of 2018 and 2019. I hate that IU ran him off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
It's sad how incredibly underrated Peyton Ramsey was. That kid was really good and the biggest reason for the successes of 2019 and 2020. I hate that IU ran him off.
"Ran him off?" That's a ridiculous characterization of what happened. He wanted to play where he could start, and that wasn't going to happen at IU as long as Penix, with next-level talent, was healthy.

And there's no reason to feel sorry for him. He had a great year at Northwestern (including playing for the B1G championship) to end his playing career.

I'm glad we had Ramsey when we did. He played his heart out and made significant contributions to the program. However, contrary to your assertion, he had nothing to do with our success in 2020. He was no longer on the team.

Back in my day the students were allowed to bring in coolers. Only stipulation was they had to fit under the seat. Then the admins decided the kids were having too much fun and outlawed them. So guess what happened? They filled their pockets with half pints of liquor.

Idiots.
Before the fences, there was a keg hoisted up the northeast corner.

I remember an LSU fan, passed out, who was covered in beer cans by students exiting the game after we beat them.

Those were the days......

But, worse, they’re boring as hell.

as long as our D holds the other teams to 12 or less, we should be fine.

QB is a scrapper though. Gives us a chance in some games.

Gonna be a tough season.

Hey Fair weather fans that left early. We had players who were part of the best two seasons in IU football history come back after a 2-10 season and work their butts off and play hard all night and won the game on a final drive. I'm talking about Jones, Mullen, JWill, and Monster. Also others. So if you want to complain about a win that resembled the win over Penn State in 2019. I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe you should have left earlier or turned off the game earlier.

Hey Fair weather fans that left early. We had players who were part of the best two seasons in IU football history come back after a 2-10 season and work their butts off and play hard all night and won the game on a final drive. I'm talking about Jones, Mullen, JWill, and Monster. Also others. So if you want to complain about a win that resembled the win over Penn State in 2019. I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe you should have left earlier or turned off the game earlier.
Good post. (The IU win over Penn State, though, with Michael Penix's heroics, was in 2020).

Reactions: vesuvius13

Also, other than 2020 when a lot of things went IU's way, its been rare for IU to get a comfortable/non-ugly win in conference (other than against some of the epic disaster rutgers teams). Take the win and move onto the next game.

There were several around us that left after the late Illlini FG. If you are going to stay that long why not stay until the end. But that’s IUFB fans. It didn’t take long to get out of town.

There were several around us that left after the late Illlini FG. If you are going to stay that long why not stay until the end. But that’s IUFB fans. It didn’t take long to get out of town.
Yes. Around us also. Leaving after the field goal. Camper and Matthews were wide open all night. Coby was open also. Why stay that long and then leave. It was late. They should really start those games at 7.

I was at one of my grandsons games so thankfully able to see the second half on TV, but it was damn near 1230 by the time that game ended. That's late anyway you slice it.

I was at one of my grandsons games so thankfully able to see the second half on TV, but it was damn near 1230 by the time that game ended. That's late anyway you slice it.
I agree. College football is too long. They need to move up the time slots. Start the first games at 11am. The TV timeouts are too long. The players are standing there waiting for the official to let them play.

I was out of the parking lot before midnight and I stayed the entire game.

Your watch must have been slow or broken.
LOL No, I got to my car, after hanging around a little bit, and was there right around midnight. Took a few minutes of listeing to Fisher's post-game and then got out quick, so it was a little after midnight by the time I actually got out of the lot.

Drove down Woodlawn to 10th and waited in the queue to get to College. Took College to the street where my AirBnb was and got there about 12:50.

LOL No, I got to my car, after hanging around a little bit, and was there right around midnight. Took a few minutes of listeing to Fisher's post-game and then got out quick, so it was a little after midnight by the time I actually got out of the lot.

Drove down Woodlawn to 10th and waited in the queue to get to College. Took College to the street where my AirBnb was and got there about 12:50.
Well the game ended officially at 12:05 EST so there's no way you physically stayed for the entire game, made it to your car, and then out of the parking lot all by midnight. Friends of mine that did stay till the end were out of Memorial Stadium closer to 1230 and not back to the North Side of Indy until a little after 2:15 am. That's a long night for a college football game.

Well the game ended officially at 12:05 EST so there's no way you physically stayed for the entire game, made it to your car, and then out of the parking lot all by midnight. Friends of mine that did stay till the end were out of Memorial Stadium closer to 1230 and not back to the North Side of Indy until a little after 2:15 am. That's a long night for a college football game.

I stayed for the entire game. You weren't there. I was.

He probably didn't realize there was still time on the clock after we scored the go-ahead TD.

He probably didn't realize there was still time on the clock after we scored the go-ahead TD.
I'm just busting his balls at this point, it's really semantics.. Whether it was 11:58 or 12:05 that's entirely too late for some old folks like us. The crew we usually attend games with weren't out of the parking lot to a little after 12:30 which coincides with a 12:05 ending (official game time ending) given it's typically a 10-15 minute walk to the car and another 10-15 minutes to get out of the lot with light traffic.

I'm just busting his balls at this point, it's really semantics.. Whether it was 11:58 or 12:05 that's entirely too late for some old folks like us. The crew we usually attend games with weren't out of the parking lot to a little after 12:30 which coincides with a 12:05 ending (official game time ending) given it's typically a 10-15 minute walk to the car and another 10-15 minutes to get out of the lot with light traffic.
I knew Bowelmania would chime in. He wasn't at the game and I wasted his time looking up the official end time.

I stayed until after the team sang the IU fight song to the alumni and family on the west side.

I was at the AirBnB before 1, which is pretty good. Usually it takes a long time to just get out of the parking lot, and I spent a lot of time sitting on 10th street.

Agreed. They've got to do something to shorten the games. It's unrealistic to expect people, particularly kids, to sit for four hours.

The reviews are out of control. That review in the 4th quarter, where they ended up picking up the flag, seemed interminable.

Reactions: IU73 and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT