ADVERTISEMENT

IU isn’t very good….

Ha. I agree. I’m actually home from the game already.

Defense is leaps and bounds better but the offense is just awful. And the QB is doing all he can sad to say.

Give ‘em credit. Stopped them at the the right time, down deep.

But offensively, no line talent and not enough speed and quickness in the skill positions to be able to compensate.
And no imagination

Ha. I agree. I’m actually home from the game already.

Defense is leaps and bounds better but the offense is just awful. And the QB is doing all he can sad to say.
He's missed a lot of throws that could have been chunk gains..
I'd lest give J.T. a look ..

Reactions: mayorparker
It’s a lot more entertaining being 3-9 while losing 52-42 compared to this snooze fest. 😅

He's missed a lot of throws that could have been chunk gains..
I'd lest give J.T. a look ..
You guys are either high or living in some bizarre sort of alternate reality. Bazalek is not flashy but he has moxie and poise back there and took the team right down the field in a textbook 2 min drill. Just absurd. He wasn’t perfect and, remember, the dude just threw for 330 in his first game with a new team.
You guys are actually complaining about a win? Man, and here I thought I was negative.

It’s time. It’s time again for you guys to go rub your nuts against the side of Simon Skojdt Assembly Halll in anticipation for the round ball.

I just saw the most poised QB at IU since sudfeld and a talented defense. You guys can bitch and moan but I’m optimistic. Such depressing lives most of you must live.
I’m a pessimist by nature but these guys make me look like Mr. Sunshine.

That was actually one of the most tense yet fun game I’ve been to in years.

You have to remember that @Bligedy and some of these other guys are actually basketball only guys who are still in the bathroom right now stroking one out to the preseason basketball magazine.

I’m a pessimist by nature but these guys make me look like Mr. Sunshine.

That was actually one of the most tense yet fun game I’ve been to in years.

You have to remember that @Bligedy and some of these other guys are actually basketball only guys who are still in the bathroom right now stroking one out to the preseason basketball magazine.
Agreed. That game was a lot of fun. Super happy for shivers, I like that kid and was worried after the first play

I thought he had killed him when he got up and then collapsed. It was a horrible “break in the QB first” type of play call.
💯- the game started with a “oh god not again” feeling and progressed to a “ok, this is a solid team” feeling. Super happy for both shivers and Mathews. Those guys are gutsy.

I was wondering if they were learning on the fly. No scrimmages in the spring and apparently only two scrimmages in the fall. Football is a game! There's no reasonable substitute for scrimmaging. I did wonder if on the last drive they were honing skills that they should have learned in practice.

Reactions: IU73
Clearly an improved team, but still a lot of work to do. Defense is much better, but out tackling was terrible, and we still struggle to stop the run. But they were gritty and won on turnovers. Offensive passing game is clearly improved, but the line play is still an embarassment and I was disappointed to see nothing in the run game. The line got dominated. Can't believe we brought Hillier back. Third OC and the line play has been weak under all three. Safe to say it might not be the OC's fault at this point.

But, worse, they’re boring as hell.
I sure enjoyed the Levron Williams option era. And the Nate Sudfeld era. And even that little cigar smoking kid from California. Fun offense does take some of the sting away. But if they win it makes the next week interesting, so you have that.

Plus that Cam Jones. Man he can play.

Reactions: Bligedy and IU73
💯- the game started with a “oh god not again” feeling and progressed to a “ok, this is a solid team” feeling. Super happy for both shivers and Mathews. Those guys are gutsy.
Some of those kids were really playing hard. As a cable subscribing IU alum, I give them a pass for another week based on effort. Treat every game as if it is the end of the world. Has to be that way to even get 5 wins.

Clearly an improved team, but still a lot of work to do. Defense is much better, but out tackling was terrible, and we still struggle to stop the run. But they were gritty and won on turnovers. Offensive passing game is clearly improved, but the line play is still an embarassment and I was disappointed to see nothing in the run game. The line got dominated. Can't believe we brought Hillier back. Third OC and the line play has been weak under all three. Safe to say it might not be the OC's fault at this point.
Could not have said it better, spot on!

I sure enjoyed the Levron Williams option era. And the Nate Sudfeld era. And even that little cigar smoking kid from California. Fun offense does take some of the sting away. But if they win it makes the next week interesting, so you have that.

Don’t forget Sanguinetti. That guy is built different.

IU has 2 games to clean crap up. The OL is atrocious at best. No push at all. Where’s that Williams kid who’s supposed to be be extremely fast and shifty? Hiller needs to go yesterday, and Bell’s offense seems very basic and easy to defend.

They may both finish at the bottom of their divisions.
Probably not. As to IU I, think the Hoosiers can beat Maryland and Rutgers and finish (as high as) 4th.
Illinois May see a number of one score games.
Their running game can play keep away. Their offense is clearly improved.
They’ll challenge Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin with their physicality.
They should crush the ‘blackshirt‘ defense that couldn’t stop the Wildcats when everyone knew Fitz’ would run.
Chase Brown and Williams will play on Sundays.

Last edited:

What do they all have in common?

Zero defense in those years.

I’m really confused on this issue? Fans prefer a terrible defense with a high flying offense even if we lose the game?

As long as the offense is fun to watch and yet you lose games, it’s good entertainment value?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT