ADVERTISEMENT

IU isn’t very good….

Agreed. They've got to do something to shorten the games. It's unrealistic to expect people, particularly kids, to sit for four hours.

The reviews are out of control. That review in the 4th quarter, where they ended up picking up the flag, seemed interminable.

They did add 7 seconds and let us replay the down. so there is that.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It's sad how incredibly underrated Peyton Ramsey was. That kid was really good and the biggest reason for the successes of 2018 and 2019. I hate that IU ran him off.
He was far from underrated, he would have started for more BIG teams than not and we talked about it a lot. IU did not "run him off", after losing out to MP again, he chose to leave to start, and few blamed him.

I stayed in the stands for at least 10 minutes just to hang around and watch a few of the vocal Illini fans in our section slump out of the stadium.
There was one young Illinois guy that kept turning around to the Indiana crowd and doing his best bodybuilder pose flexing his muscles (or lack thereof). Watched this crap unfold for 58 minutes of the game clock. And to watch his shock and awe at the final gun was priceless.

He was far from underrated, he would have started for more BIG teams than not and we talked about it a lot. IU did not "run him off", after losing out to MP again, he chose to leave to start, and few blamed him.
How does a guy who transferred in March get beaten out for something?

Public Service Alert *

Penix is Gone...

Ramsey is Long Gone... *

And... - we've got a heck of Lot more serious issues to overcome in regard to the next 4 games... -

Re-teaching our "look like Tarzan but suddenly playing like Jane"..., group of 1st and 2nd string Safeties how to actually wrap a guy up and bring him down to the ground during a tackle for starters...

If we want to bitch and whine about something now there's a Great place to start...

Agreed. They've got to do something to shorten the games. It's unrealistic to expect people, particularly kids, to sit for four hours.

The reviews are out of control. That review in the 4th quarter, where they ended up picking up the flag, seemed interminable.

Hey Fair weather fans that left early. We had players who were part of the best two seasons in IU football history come back after a 2-10 season and work their butts off and play hard all night and won the game on a final drive. I'm talking about Jones, Mullen, JWill, and Monster. Also others. So if you want to complain about a win that resembled the win over Penn State in 2019. I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe you should have left earlier or turned off the game earlier.

Tuttle has moxie too and I hope we see him play in the second half this week.

WTF are you digging for? He was beat out 2 years in a row and saw no way to a starting spot. He didn’t want to sit and wait on another injury. How hard is that to understand? He was told he wasn’t going to be “the guy”.
Yup. Waiting on an injury is not a strategy for a winner like PR. He was not #1 at IU.
76-1 is right though. We have other issues to be concerned with.

I originally watched the game in a hotel lobby in Gainesville with many friends and family. I did not pay that much attention I was very disappointed with the offense. However after re-watching the first half last night, I was not as disappointed. First lets start with the fact it was Illinois' second. They were a little more acclimated to game speed than Indiana. Second, Bazelak showed some promise but needs to continue to get in sync with his receivers. You have to remember he has been splitting time with Tuttle most of the time up until last week. We do finally have receivers that can uncover it seems like this year. Third the protection was better than any time last year. We threw 56 times and only gave up one sack and not a whole lot of knockdowns or hurries. Fourth the running game although still horrendous is understandable, Illinois sold out to stop the run and make Bazelak and receivers win the game and they made just enough plays to do that. They still need to be able to figure out a way to win with an extraa guy in the box on run game. The quarterback is still not enough of a threat in run game to hold backside pursuit and possibly open up cutback lanes. As I said last year maybe we give up a receiver on the outside and bring one back around and fake a reverse. Maybe even run a reverse. I remember listening to Steve Spurrier talking about running play action off sprint draw and saying they did not even run sprint draw. Defensively we gave up a lot of yards. We did get back to forcing take aways. We made big stops when needed. we seem to have some guys that make big plays. Noah Pierre continues to impress. Cam Jones is special. Dasan Is going to continue to get better. We are developing depth on defense. Special teams are getting better minus the last return we can not give up that kind of return at that time. All in all the offense needs to get better, and I believe that certain aspects will. I dont believe the run game will until people respect our passing game. Which i believe is going to improve. Defense will get better as our tackling improves. We are a long from being where we need to be , but I believe we can get there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT