ADVERTISEMENT

IU is having a sneaky good day…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can WKU’s style of offense be consistently successful in the BIG? They seem awfully tough to defend. I’m guessing it can’t be successful or more teams would implement that offense. None the less it is fun to watch.
It’s because you trade offense for defense. They have to out score you.

Who says? You keep saying that but all indications are pointing that way. You an insider?
Fickell didn’t run one at UC and the new OC (Phil Longo) didn’t run an air raid at UNC, where he’s been the play caller for the last four seasons. So no, all indications are that they won’t do that.

It’s because you trade offense for defense. They have to out score you.
You actually have it backwards in that some believe you trade defense for offense. It’s a common misconception, especially when you see what guys like Tiller did at Purdue. It’s really about the competencies of the coach and his staff.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Fickell didn’t run one at UC and the new OC (Phil Longo) didn’t run an air raid at UNC, where he’s been the play caller for the last four seasons. So no, all indications are that they won’t do that.
Yes he did. He just ran out of it more. Each OC runs their own style out of a concept. He’s an air raid guy. Every single article says he is. Is it the exact same as Hal mumme/mike leach air raid? No but he will run alot of air raid. Also, Denbrock ram air raid concepts. He wasn’t an all out air raid guy. Also didn’t say Fickle ran an air raid but every guy he’s hired so far are air raid gus(at Wisconsin) .

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Yes he did. He just ran out of it more. Each OC runs their own style out of a concept. He’s an air raid guy. Every single article says he is. Is it the exact same as Hal mumme/mike leach air raid? No but he will run alot of air raid. Also, Denbrock ram air raid concepts. He wasn’t an all out air raid guy. Also didn’t say Fickle ran an air raid but every guy he’s hired so far are air raid gus(at Wisconsin) .
“Alot”? Lol

We can agree to disagree but you’re simply not accurate that he ran an AR at UNC. He’s not running one at UW either, given their recruiting footprint for linemen and the unpredictable weather on that part of the world. He’ll definitely throw it more than Chryst or Andersen or Bielema or Alvarez, and fullbacks might become an endangered species in Madison, but it won’t be an AR. They’ll balance it at roughly 50/50, as I’m sure was close to the case at UNC. Not sure what this has to do with our recruiting, though I understand the basis for these types of posts (as well as those who follow around it).

What that tells me, IU has moved up after today's signings are within two points pass Purdue for 13th in the B1G.

IU's Class
Purdue's Class

The pulled a 4-star from U of Texas that actually saw playing time. They also moved up over 20 points in the national rankings. I know I know 13th/14th in B1G classes ... still listing to you it is amazing anyone signed today.
Both NIL games are pathetic..

Our average is brought down because we have a unranked kicker.

Take him out and we're middle of the pack when you go by average, which would be above a 3 since he's the only player not above a 3 and we have two 4 stars signed.

We'd be looking at probably 6 for average ranking not with the kicker in there.

Can WKU’s style of offense be consistently successful in the BIG? They seem awfully tough to defend. I’m guessing it can’t be successful or more teams would implement that offense. None the less it is fun to watch.

I think IU had flavors of it with Kevin Wilson and Deboer. And we saw IU scoring points in bunches agains a lot of big ten teams during those years. A decent OL, an accurate QB, and WRs who can consistently catch the ball would go a long way. I think the first two were missing last year…camper and matthews were decent enough when healthy at the WR spot.

Reactions: midwolfe
What’s the deal with Gilbert not signing with boilers ? Don’t remember if we were a player there or not,but based on ranking & need…….
Hes just waiting until February since Purdue just got a new coach a week ago and still does not have a full staff.

ESPN just named Indiana and Cal as having the two worst recruiting classes for 2023.
That seems as nonsensical as the posters here who are saying we did so well. Did we get better relative to others in the BT? So far, no one is able to provide a response to that.

Reactions: CC Mac
That seems as nonsensical as the posters here who are saying we did so well. Did we get better relative to others in the BT? So far, no one is able to provide a response to that.
Who really knows, thought it was interesting that IU was named one of the worse with the way IU's football fortunes have gone lately. I agree on no one knows yet.

Reactions: Jackskip23
If you score it based on average stars, we’re 13th, as well. That was the point V13 was making, though I think he believed the ranking would be higher than that.
I didn't think it would be higher as I looked at the score before posting. But I was trying to get posters to look at the average score and see IU wasn't too far behind most B1G teams.

Our average is brought down because we have a unranked kicker.

Take him out and we're middle of the pack when you go by average, which would be above a 3 since he's the only player not above a 3 and we have two 4 stars signed.

We'd be looking at probably 6 for average ranking not with the kicker in there.
Yet our kicker is rated in the top of the country which one big problem with recruit rankings not including them in scoring.

No we did not but I don’t blame a kid for not wanting to be a part of this train wreck.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
No we did not but I don’t blame a kid for not wanting to be a part of this train wreck.
It certainly can’t be an easy sell. Have to applaud the effort of the coaches given the challenges they face. Trying to build a program on the NIL world can’t be easy, and we’re still trying to create something in Year 7. As I said, the effort is laudable.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It certainly can’t be an easy sell. Have to applaud the effort of the coaches given the challenges they face. Trying to build a program on the NIL world can’t be easy, and we’re still trying to create something in Year 7. As I said, the effort is laudable.
At some point you hope it comes together. We all know the coaching staff isn't going anywhere for 2 years.

But is the coach a fit. Wisconsin just changed to the air raid. We run the air raid of sorts. Hope he is.
Throwing the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack is not the air raid offense. And in our biggest win of the year against the Michigan State there were two completions. Last year we ran the no-run no-pass offense.

Throwing the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack is not the air raid offense. And in our biggest win of the year against the Michigan State there were two completions. Last year we ran the no-run no-pass offense.
I’m speaking of what he said(not what I saw) and we do some air raid type concepts. If indeed Bell was/is moving that way.(hope he doesn’t) this hire would suggest more running. Like more of a 50/50 split. I’m sorry if people misinterpreted my post but go back and read it. I know he stopped running some of those plays when we changed QBs. Hope we run a dual threat guy and slow down a bit. Defense does better in my opinion.

I’m speaking of what he said(not what I saw) and we do some air raid type concepts. If indeed Bell was/is moving that way.(hope he doesn’t) this hire would suggest more running. Like more of a 50/50 split. I’m sorry if people misinterpreted my post but go back and read it. I know he stopped running some of those plays when we changed QBs. Hope we run a dual threat guy and slow down a bit. Defense does better in my opinion.
Bell’s offense has always been a tempo, run first scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT