ADVERTISEMENT

IU is having a sneaky good day…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize it is a pointless fight over terminology and what air raid encompasses and is just being perpetuated by an incessant need to be right?

Apparently some coaches use the Air Raid term more generally than others.
Of course I do, which is precisely why I’m being trolled by these guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Of course I do, which is precisely why I’m being trolled by these guys.

It's perpetuated by both sides.

If you know someone is just trolling you then another reason to

let it go GIF

He is running a version of the Air Raid....there is always "Pure Scheme" and then "Modified"
This is exactly right. But when a smug people insist that isn't the case, it's nice to rub their noses in it a bit, even if they still won't admit it. But when the OC himself says the words AIR RAID in describing his offense, I think it's fair to say he knows more about the offense than smug ordfan does.

This is exactly right. But when a smug people insist that isn't the case, it's nice to rub their noses in it a bit, even if they still won't admit it. But when the OC himself says the words AIR RAID in describing his offense, I think it's fair to say he knows more about the offense than smug ordfan does.
You know nothing about Longo. Not one thing. Had you bothered to do even some basic research of his UNC offenses, you wouldn’t have stepped into the manure that’s now over your head. You came here to troll. Nothing more, nothing less. The phantom Ordy stuff, which you were unable to back up, only proves it. Go away. The rest of us want to talk IU football.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You know nothing about Longo. Not one thing. Had you bothered to do even some basic research of his UNC offenses, you wouldn’t have stepped into the manure that’s now over your head. You came here to troll. Nothing more, nothing less. The phantom Ordy stuff, which you were unable to back up, only proves it. Go away. The rest of us want to talk IU football.
Phil Longo used the words AIR RAID in that Wisconsin clip. That's all that matters. You said specifically they would not run AIR RAID at Wisconsin. Then Phil Longo stood in front of a camera this week in a Wisconsin Under Armour jacket and described the AIR RAID that they will use at Wisconsin. Period.

You're the JA that has had umpteen usernames on here and if you hadn't deleted your Ordfan account I could show you any and all interactions we'd had before, but since the username has been deleted and you created this (and other) new ones, that history is lost.

Phil Longo used the words AIR RAID in that Wisconsin clip. That's all that matters. You said specifically they would not run AIR RAID at Wisconsin. Then Phil Longo stood in front of a camera this week in a Wisconsin Under Armour jacket and described the AIR RAID that they will use at Wisconsin. Period.

You're the JA that has had umpteen usernames on here and if you hadn't deleted your Ordfan account I could show you any and all interactions we'd had before, but since the username has been deleted and you created this (and other) new ones, that history is lost.
As I said, if you’d bothered to listen to him, you’d have a far better understanding of what he’s done at UNC and what he intends to do at UW. But you didn’t bother to actually educate yourself, as we both know. Unfortunately, your mission here wasn’t geared toward any sort of substance but rather just to troll. Your weak Ordy stuff only proves it. and yes, your buddy will be along to comment shortly, as he always does.

As I said, if you’d bothered to listen to him, you’d have a far better understanding of what he’s done at UNC and what he intends to do at UW. But you didn’t bother to actually educate yourself, as we both know. Unfortunately, your mission here wasn’t geared toward any sort of substance but rather just to troll. Your weak Ordy stuff only proves it. and yes, your buddy will be along to comment shortly, as he always does.
What's he calling the offense he's going to implement at UW?

Reactions: GALE60
Put him in ignore like I have because I didn't like him attacking others. If he ever changes I will bring him back but not until.

It may have been, but he better change if he wants to stay at IU.
V as you know I am a huge fan of yours and have much resect for you and your knowledge. But I am wondering have you ever run an up tempo offense? You do not seem to be a very big fan of it. I know we were not good at all this season , but I don't believe slowing the pace down would have helped us either. Most of our issues started with terrible offensive line play. Then our running game was not good . Next there was no threat of qb run game. Then our qb got beat up so badly he lost any confidence he may have gained early in the season after the comebacks vs Illinois and WKU. He lost his top targets. He lost any accuracy he may have had. Our line play was so bad it was tough to call plays no matter what we tried. As you know it is tough to call plays no matter who was calling them or what you are running with no line play. Are you still opposed to trying to run up tempo assuming that the o line play is better?

V as you know I am a huge fan of yours and have much resect for you and your knowledge. But I am wondering have you ever run an up tempo offense? You do not seem to be a very big fan of it. I know we were not good at all this season , but I don't believe slowing the pace down would have helped us either. Most of our issues started with terrible offensive line play. Then our running game was not good . Next there was no threat of qb run game. Then our qb got beat up so badly he lost any confidence he may have gained early in the season after the comebacks vs Illinois and WKU. He lost his top targets. He lost any accuracy he may have had. Our line play was so bad it was tough to call plays no matter what we tried. As you know it is tough to call plays no matter who was calling them or what you are running with no line play. Are you still opposed to trying to run up tempo assuming that the o line play is better?
I ran no huddle offense but limited the fast paced part because we didn't have enough depth to run it all the time. Running all the time hurts the defense and especially IU's defense as we had to play a safety and a freshman at LB at the end due to LBs being injured. You saw the difference in the OL when IU players came in instead of three and outs all the time. I really didn't like Bell [and Allen if he was part of it] for running Tuttle with the 1's then naming Bazelak as the starter. I hope Bell learned from coach Allen not to run it all the time or coach Allen will fire him.

I ran no huddle offense but limited the fast paced part because we didn't have enough depth to run it all the time. Running all the time hurts the defense and especially IU's defense as we had to play a safety and a freshman at LB at the end due to LBs being injured. You saw the difference in the OL when IU players came in instead of three and outs all the time. I really didn't like Bell [and Allen if he was part of it] for running Tuttle with the 1's then naming Bazelak as the starter. I hope Bell learned from coach Allen not to run it all the time or coach Allen will fire him.
So I am correct in saying you are in general not a fan of the hurry up offense. I still maintain that it can be a great equalizer. Do you really think that early in the year slowing the offense down would have helped the offense? I really don’t think so personally. I think early on it did help us somewhat in some situations. Going 3 and out with tempo and going 3 and out at normal pace to me probably really was pretty negligible. I believe at one time we running a play every 9 seconds most normal speeds are probably 21 or 22 seconds. So what are you talking an extra 48 seconds per 3 and out, I don’t believe tempo was what stopped our offense. I think it was execution.

So I am correct in saying you are in general not a fan of the hurry up offense. I still maintain that it can be a great equalizer. Do you really think that early in the year slowing the offense down would have helped the offense? I really don’t think so personally. I think early on it did help us somewhat in some situations. Going 3 and out with tempo and going 3 and out at normal pace to me probably really was pretty negligible. I believe at one time we running a play every 9 seconds most normal speeds are probably 21 or 22 seconds. So what are you talking an extra 48 seconds per 3 and out, I don’t believe tempo was what stopped our offense. I think it was execution.
I'm all for pushing tempo, tempo, tempo. There were definitely execution errors. There was also a ton of inability to pass block, inability to run, inability to create separation, inability to have running threat under center. Hopefully this year there are some elements back.

We ran no tempo against MSU or Purdue and tried to grind it out. Defense was still getting gashed for massive yards. Allen said we need to play "complementary football" this coming year. I know what he is saying, but "complementary football" for me is a nonsense phrase. Going fast doesn't make you go 3 and out. Being bad or not executing makes you go three and out. Sometimes Tom, the defense gives up a lot of points because it is not a good defense........

I'm all for pushing tempo, tempo, tempo. There were definitely execution errors. There was also a ton of inability to pass block, inability to run, inability to create separation, inability to have running threat under center. Hopefully this year there are some elements back.

We ran no tempo against MSU or Purdue and tried to grind it out. Defense was still getting gashed for massive yards. Allen said we need to play "complementary football" this coming year. I know what he is saying, but "complementary football" for me is a nonsense phrase. Going fast doesn't make you go 3 and out. Being bad or not executing makes you go three and out. Sometimes Tom, the defense gives up a lot of points because it is not a good defense........
Agreed pace doesn’t create or prohibit 3 and outs it is EXECUTION.

I agree with your overall point, however, going three, and out with pace can lead to a more tired defense than going three and out at a slower pace. It may only be a matter of 60 game seconds though.

Reactions: vesuvius13
it won’t matter what our pace is we don’t eliminate 3 and outs. And it won’t matter how good the defense is if we don’t score points. And most of that is gonna happen only by having better offensive line play. Plain and simple
I agree. O starts with the OL.
D starts with the DL
We have neither.
I expect us to win 2 of 3 non conference games and 0-1 big game.
We all get hyped with this frosh or that transfer every off season. Then games are played, injuries happen, the season progresses, and we are at the bottom.

I agree. O starts with the OL.
D starts with the DL
We have neither.
I expect us to win 2 of 3 non conference games and 0-1 big game.
We all get hyped with this frosh or that transfer every off season. Then games are played, injuries happen, the season progresses, and we are at the bottom.
Yes the coaches have brought in some guys that could have been difference makers but couldn’t because of poor offensive line play. It looks like we may be bringing in some more potential play makers but if we don’t get better on the offensive line it still w matter.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yes the coaches have brought in some guys that could have been difference makers but couldn’t because of poor offensive line play. It looks like we may be bringing in some more potential play makers but if we don’t get better on the offensive line it still w matter.
I anticipate much better OL play this coming year. It will take coach Borstad to get IU's OL as good as he got Wisconsin's OL when he was there the first time. I have to think coach can recruit the kind of players he needs in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT