ADVERTISEMENT

It's a good thing most of the Basketball fans don't come on here...

AcuffRd

Junior
Feb 2, 2007
They would be calling for the coaches head.

First year head coach - working with a team that lost TONS of talent.

The boys are in a funk and .....well....not as talented as the last couple years.
We have some young talent that should season well.

Hopefully that can make BIG Tourney for the experience and come back stronger next year.

Reactions: muubell
Mostly agree...

Even though we lost some key offensive weapons, man, we sure had a bunch of younger talent coming back too. The pitching staff seemed as solid as ever and it looked like we had some good hitters coming in. Winning early like we did might not have been a great thing for a fairly young team.

Injuries have hurt us and I get the fact that CCL is probably learning on the job, but dang. We need to turn this thing around quickly. The season is rapidly sliding out of control.

Can't quite figure out why we play such a sloppy brand of baseball. Base running errors drive me crazy. Same with weak or poor throws from the outfield. Not executing bunts. Pitchers walking leadoff hitters. Lack of clutch hitting. It all adds up to exactly what we've seen lately. Pretty sure CCL isn't too thrilled with it either. Just hope he is able (and willing) to hold guys accountable.

Need a winning streak starting with ND.

Expectations are different

Don't be ridiculous

I'm in IU fan for all sports but the expectations change depending on the history of the team. above .500 record in football is a great success, but then again there hasn't been much success for that program. A .500 record for the basketball coach of a traditional powerhouse with multiple national titles is underachieving.

A baseball program with little to no previous winning history prior to a few really good years is another story. I think anyone can appreciate that baseball is a long process. Look at the Chicago Cubs, finally starting to put some pieces together after several years of struggling. Same goes for college, with a new coach comes a new program and it takes time to build his team the way he wants it. One player does not equate to X amount of wins, where as basketball one player can completely turn around a program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT