ADVERTISEMENT

After 16 years of being a stay at home dad I’m headed back to earn a paycheck.

Hulu works. I cut the cord and have never regretted it
Hulu is fine but every six months they jack up the price by $5 or so. Getting ridiculous. The whole point of cord cutting was that it was cheaper than cable. Not really anymore.

I know, I know you have a $400k ride and that's chump change to you.

Reactions: larsIU
WTF I've been asking my wife to let me be a stay at home Dad for the past 3 years. I mean our 23 and 24 year old daughters need someone to call during the day don't they? If I ever got out of the work force I would never go back it, but good luck to you love the fishing industry or at least I love to fish.

Hulu is fine but every six months they jack up the price by $5 or so. Getting ridiculous. The whole point of cord cutting was that it was cheaper than cable. Not really anymore.

I know, I know you have a $400k ride and that's chump change to you.
No. That's my only vice and life is too short. You never know when you're gonna go.

With Hulu, though, you can watch anything. Soccer from around the world, baseball, NFL, College hoops/football. Any TV show, past or present. I think it's great.

The final straw for cable was looking through the whatever, 600 channels one day and realizing there was not a single thing that was appealing. Discovery has turned from interesting science to "Hillbilly Hand Fishing" and "Pawn Stars".

Cable is over. I think.

Indy CBS and Fox are both owned by the same company, (which used to be illegal for obvious reasons), who have removed both from Directv/Uverse, (which also used to be illegal), since early July.

so for now, no NFL, no IU-OSU, no PGA tour championship. (will be interesting if anything happens Sept 1).

regardless of if you have cable, satellite, or a streaming service, the entire pay tv business model is blatantly illegal in literally every other industry for obvious reasons, and only exists in the pay tv industry due to the parties, politicians, providers, and network conglomerates, all being connected at the hip in an insestuous quid pro quo relationship.

a once great industry that used to be $7 mo with 24 hr locally based customer service, has become effectively a criminal organization, joining the major banks and big pharma as once great industries that have become effectively criminal organizations, with govt as part of the criminal organization..

and "criminal organization" is not an exaggeration, but the flat reality of it..

at one time consumers would not have put up with this, but consumers/voters have become so entrenched with their party of choice as their "team", that regardless of which party is "their team", they have absolutely no idea what their "team" is up to on anything that isn't "social", which isn't happening by accident.

cable/internet are essentially utilities, and cable was once regulated as such, but not now.

the solution isn't calling your provider or the network, (who absolutely are partners in this even when presenting themselves as adversaries), but rather call your congressman and senator, as they are 100% the ones to blame, as they are the ones who flat sold you out on this for personal gain.

besides all the ridiculous blackouts, which will rotate throughout the providers regardless of whether you have You Tube or Hulu or satellite or cable, everyone is paying almost $100 mo more than they should for cable and internet.

do people care? not in the least.

just as they don't care in the least that they are paying 20-30% interest on their credit cards, (which also used to be illegal), or paying an extra $1,000 mo for their pharma.

at least they don't care a lick when voting. then wonder what went wrong.

they are too busy losing their minds over whether a school book does or doesn't have a gay character in it, and the criminal cable/internet provider, the streaming companies, the networks, the criminal banks, heavily govt subsidized big pharma, and the politicians they pay the big bucks to on a regular basis, who all keep everyone focused 24/7 on woke and stupid sht by design, 100% plan to keep it that way..

as sad as it seems, no exaggerations where used in this post.

Good morning. Feeling a bit like a pin doll. Got poked all over by body by this amazing neuroloist. Seriously if any anyone ever needs to be seen by an amazing doctor, this is your guy. He's 76 years old and spent 2 hours with me trying to understand my case and still hasn't figured it out. Brought in one of his other docs too and discussed me for a good 10 minutes. It's weird to have that kind of attention. I prefer it in the form of a female. So as of now I have paralysis in the deltoid which I already kinda new and I believe its called the outer or inner scapula. Both the nerves are controlled by the C5 and its way too inflamed still to determine if theres still damage to the nerves at that locaton. Today I have an EMG, tomorrow an EEG and next week another MRI this time for my brain. Yesterday I also had bloodwork for apparently a whole bunch of shit. This guy leaves no stone unturned.

What we do know is pre-op I already had fatigue in both those areas with minimal pain. Now I have terrible pain and parylisis, but the parylis didn't start until 2.5 weeks after what seemed like a successful surgery.

To balance the day, I received the contract from the job. I've got to make a few changes but plan on accepting. What's good is I will at this point be an independent contractor with the ability to make my own scheule meaning I can do physical therapy and doctors visits as needed.

Question for you smart people. Since I haven't had a W-2 in years and will esentially be self employed I'm guessing should I not be able to stick with the wife and want to get a mortgage I may run into some issues. I have the option of paying cash, but not ideal. The wife and I may work out, but wondering if I should instead push to become an actual employee to receive a W-2. Even then I believe Fannie/Sallie want 2 years worth of W-2's. Thoughts?

Good morning. Feeling a bit like a pin doll. Got poked all over by body by this amazing neuroloist. Seriously if any anyone ever needs to be seen by an amazing doctor, this is your guy. He's 76 years old and spent 2 hours with me trying to understand my case and still hasn't figured it out. Brought in one of his other docs too and discussed me for a good 10 minutes. It's weird to have that kind of attention. I prefer it in the form of a female. So as of now I have paralysis in the deltoid which I already kinda new and I believe its called the outer or inner scapula. Both the nerves are controlled by the C5 and its way too inflamed still to determine if theres still damage to the nerves at that locaton. Today I have an EMG, tomorrow an EEG and next week another MRI this time for my brain. Yesterday I also had bloodwork for apparently a whole bunch of shit. This guy leaves no stone unturned.

What we do know is pre-op I already had fatigue in both those areas with minimal pain. Now I have terrible pain and parylisis, but the parylis didn't start until 2.5 weeks after what seemed like a successful surgery.

To balance the day, I received the contract from the job. I've got to make a few changes but plan on accepting. What's good is I will at this point be an independent contractor with the ability to make my own scheule meaning I can do physical therapy and doctors visits as needed.

Question for you smart people. Since I haven't had a W-2 in years and will esentially be self employed I'm guessing should I not be able to stick with the wife and want to get a mortgage I may run into some issues. I have the option of paying cash, but not ideal. The wife and I may work out, but wondering if I should instead push to become an actual employee to receive a W-2. Even then I believe Fannie/Sallie want 2 years worth of W-2's. Thoughts?

They typically want a full two years of proof of a stable income. Can you stretch on the down payment? I would think 50% down could give a lender more comfort than 10-20%.

If not, you may need to rent for a couple of years while you re-establish.

I agree with JDB's. Rent a couple years, get your feet under you. Maybe bank with a CU and when the time comes, IF you just have to have a mortgage, go through manual underwriting with that CU. If you can pay cash or 80-90% at least, it removes so much risk and you remove any stress on the income side. My $.02.

I agree with JDB's. Rent a couple years, get your feet under you. Maybe bank with a CU and when the time comes, IF you just have to have a mortgage, go through manual underwriting with that CU. If you can pay cash or 80-90% at least, it removes so much risk and you remove any stress on the income side. My $.02.
They typically want a full two years of proof of a stable income. Can you stretch on the down payment? I would think 50% down could give a lender more comfort than 10-20%.

If not, you may need to rent for a couple of years while you re-establish.
I’m betting on myself and being able to work things out, but I never walk into a situation with all the confidence in the world. So two years ago I had the Draftkings winnings over 1 million and and a passive income I created for myself through cryoto. The following year (this year) we still haven’t filed as the company that bought my wife’s practice still doesn’t have their accounting together. Earlier when the marriage felt doomed I thought maybe I could get by with one years taxes of substantial income regardless of how it came plus a letter from a new employer.

I also don’t enjoy these higher rates, but would rather pay cash for a small house with maybe a small mortgage to establish myself. I’m not big on renting and I we have $0 debt except for our house.

You know I’ll deal with this shit when it happens. I’ve got to deal with this parylsis crap first and continue making headwaves with the marriage.

The problem with being Jewish is the amount of anxiety that we carry and always ****ing thinking about what if situations. I need to smoke more weed.

Last bit and then I need to head to my EMG test.

You all know how transparent and vulnerable I’ve become. It’s out of choice so that I can learn and become a better man and not be afraid of being judged or making progress. The reverse is the same for you guys. Nobody here needs to air their dirty laundry in front of everyone. If you do a sense of freedom may come upon you. You’re always welcome to DM me and we text, talk, etc. The other reverse of this situation is where I get to learn from you guys. You can call me out when you feel I’ve made a mistake. I want your input, I want to learn how to improve my life. There’s not one way to do it and we all have differing opinions so I have to pick what works for me. No @VanPastorMan i don’t plan to find Jesus but you’re a quality guy with lots to offer me and I appreciate your support.

This is a community here that I think is still assembled because of our love of all things IU. As I’m getting older I need IU people, but a community of men and women I can cheer for and equally have my back. I choose not to dip into politics too much anymore because it creates too much bias for me. I hope you all can do the same. Much love and peace to all of you. Go HOOSIERS! Perhaps my first dose of prednisone may have influenced this response….regardless it came from my need for community and the support you’ve all shown.

Question for you smart people. Since I haven't had a W-2 in years and will esentially be self employed I'm guessing should I not be able to stick with the wife and want to get a mortgage I may run into some issues. I have the option of paying cash, but not ideal. The wife and I may work out, but wondering if I should instead push to become an actual employee to receive a W-2. Even then I believe Fannie/Sallie want 2 years worth of W-2's.
I’m betting on myself and being able to work things out, but I never walk into a situation with all the confidence in the world. So two years ago I had the Draftkings winnings over 1 million and and a passive income I created for myself through cryoto. The following year (this year) we still haven’t filed as the company that bought my wife’s practice still doesn’t have their accounting together. Earlier when the marriage felt doomed I thought maybe I could get by with one years taxes of substantial income regardless of how it came plus a letter from a new employer.

I also don’t enjoy these higher rates, but would rather pay cash for a small house with maybe a small mortgage to establish myself. I’m not big on renting and I we have $0 debt except for our house.

You know I’ll deal with this shit when it happens. I’ve got to deal with this parylsis crap first and continue making headwaves with the marriage.

The problem with being Jewish is the amount of anxiety that we carry and always ****ing thinking about what if situations. I need to smoke more weed.

Last bit and then I need to head to my EMG test.

You all know how transparent and vulnerable I’ve become. It’s out of choice so that I can learn and become a better man and not be afraid of being judged or making progress. The reverse is the same for you guys. Nobody here needs to air their dirty laundry in front of everyone. If you do a sense of freedom may come upon you. You’re always welcome to DM me and we text, talk, etc. The other reverse of this situation is where I get to learn from you guys. You can call me out when you feel I’ve made a mistake. I want your input, I want to learn how to improve my life. There’s not one way to do it and we all have differing opinions so I have to pick what works for me. No @VanPastorMan i don’t plan to find Jesus but you’re a quality guy with lots to offer me and I appreciate your support.

This is a community here that I think is still assembled because of our love of all things IU. As I’m getting older I need IU people, but a community of men and women I can cheer for and equally have my back. I choose not to dip into politics too much anymore because it creates too much bias for me. I hope you all can do the same. Much love and peace to all of you. Go HOOSIERS! Perhaps my first dose of prednisone may have influenced this response….regardless it came from my need for community and the support you’ve all shown.
A million in draftkings. What does that mean? Is that real money? Cash? Not bitcoin shit no one takes. You can cash it out? Is that fantasy football shit or betting games? How long did it take to get that much? I don’t understand

@larsIU did you read that? Wtf. I wish Brad was here. I’m losing sympathy for eppy’s depression quick. I’m getting depressed now. U could save a lot of hot chicks with a mil in cash if that’s what that is. F that wife

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: larsIU and Eppy99

A million in draftkings. What does that mean? Is that real money? Cash? Not bitcoin shin no one takes. You can cash it out? Is that fantasy football shit or betting games? How long did it take to get that much? I don’t understand

@larsIU did you read that? Wtf. I wish Brad was here. I’m losing sympathy for eppy’s depression quick. I’m getting depressed now. U could save a lot of hot chicks with a mil in cash if that’s what that is. F that wife
My guys who know me from the Douchebag fantasy golf mostly know that I was a winner of the Draftkings Millinaire maker contest in the fall of 2021. It was amazing but I immediately put 600k in trusts and towards education for my three girls. Course I had to pay taxes too so do the the math. Add in some mental health issues from the kids and it weirdly became a shit year. I hear ya though. Trust me I wish I could have gone to Vegas and done lines off some tits.

Edit: I’m in a 12 step program but narcotics has never been an issue

My guys who know me from the Douchebag fantasy golf mostly know that I was a winner of the Draftkings Millinaire maker contest in the fall of 2021. It was amazing but I immediately put 600k in trusts and towards education for my three girls. Course I had to pay taxes too so do the the math. Add in some mental health issues from the kids and it weirdly became a shit year. I hear ya though. Trust me I wish I could have gone to Vegas and done lines off some tits.

That is so wild. Wow!

There's still time for those lines.

Interest rates are absurd right now. Try renting or pay most in cash.
Really they are right on the 30 year average. From 1971 to 2023 the average 30 year mortgage was 7.7 or there about. We have just had freakishly low rates for many years up until 2022.

The low rates have definitely caused home values to increase which now is looking like a bad thing. The average 200k mortgage has well above a $1300.00/ month which is crazy. The reason it is crazy is the average starter home in very conservative midwestern states is around 250,000.00. Good luck to the next generation, I hope they are happy being house poor. lol

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Wtf?!! Sex addict? Are you trolling us? You won a million bucks gambling and are a sex addict? God damn dude you’re just winning.
I wish it felt like winning but it’s not. And no I’m not at home sitting on my computer all
Day or looking at kids coming off school busses. Again who we are is much a product of our childhood. I’ve experienced trauma, dealt with mommy/daddy issues and a general lack of affection. Add in some impulsivity and now my recent bipolar diagnosis. You have a few of these and you start looking for affection in all places. They weren’t all bad people just equally unhealthy. But what I had in common with many of my partners is a childhood we could empathize with and trauma. That’s about as far as I’m willing to go right now. If this helps anyone then this vulnerability is totally worth it. Otherwise I’m feeling slightly unsure it’s smart to tell everything. But I’m going to stand by my word that it’s best to life honestly and stop living lies or within the shadows.

Really they are right on the 30 year average. From 1971 to 2023 the average 30 year mortgage was 7.7 or there about. We have just had freakishly low rates for many years up until 2022.

The low rates have definitely caused home values to increase which now is looking like a bad thing. The average 200k mortgage has well above a $1300.00/ month which is crazy. The reason it is crazy is the average starter home in very conservative midwestern states is around 250,000.00. Good luck to the next generation, I hope they are happy being house poor. lol

If lenders didn't allow a family or individual to spend more than 28% of their income on a mortgage then theoretically no one would be house poor

But what about those who cannot rent or buy using only 28% of their income ? Do they either move back home, or become house poor, or what ?

My daughter and I love air disasters. Frightening. The episode with the pilot stuck on the outside of the window 25,000 feet up, passed out, yet not dying is insane
Most of those are on regular YouTube... There are a lot of airplane videos on YouTube. Some of the people I follow are: 74 Gear, Mentour Pilot, and Mayday: Air Disaster

Reactions: mcmurtry66
If lenders didn't allow a family or individual to spend more than 28% of their income on a mortgage then theoretically no one would be house poor

But what about those who cannot rent or buy using only 28% of their income ? Do they either move back home, or become house poor, or what ?
You have to be able to qualify them somehow. The high end DTI before a customer becomes real risky is about 42-43% of their gross income and we all know you never see your gross number thanks to Uncle Sam.

I guess the best solution is to build smaller homes? I know right now the average cost of a 1500 square foot home in Southern Indiana is running about 260k. That seems pretty "small" when you think about it so I guess go down to 900-1000 square feet? Again I feel for the next generation of people who strive daily to get ahead seems as if they are behind the 8 ball.

You have to be able to qualify them somehow. The high end DTI before a customer becomes real risky is about 42-43% of their gross income and we all know you never see your gross number thanks to Uncle Sam.

I guess the best solution is to build smaller homes? I know right now the average cost of a 1500 square foot home in Southern Indiana is running about 260k. That seems pretty "small" when you think about it so I guess go down to 900-1000 square feet? Again I feel for the next generation of people who strive daily to get ahead seems as if they are behind the 8 ball.

My 28% was just mortgage debt including property taxes and homeowners insurance as a percentage of gross monthly income. Should have stated this more clearly.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong staying at home with the kids has easily been the most rewarding job I could ever have. It allowed my wife and I to raise the kids with the vision we had for them. My wife was able to focus on her career as a physician. I was able to spend time doing philanthropy and sitting on boards.

I probably made more money staying at home just because I was able to dedicate myself to studying and analyzing my investments and crypto. The amount I played on Draftkings wouldn’t have been possible with a a full time job.

No I’m not saying quit your jobs invest in crypto and play fantasy sports. Some of my most challenging years have been while I made the most amount of money. I’d give every penny back for my kids just to be happy.

So, with two of my three girls headed to college in the next two years it was time to figure out how to fill my cup when they leave. Honestly I needed this regardless. Even as I paint this beautiful picture of what looks like a lovely existence many of you are familiar with my struggles. I’m fighting for my marriage, coming to terms with trauma I experienced as a child, learning to let go of the lack of affection I had as a child when I most needed it. Nobody has a perfect life, but I’ve done a lot of work to become more aware of why I struggle. As much as I want to intellectualize the why, there’s parts I’ve determined I’m powerless over. No this Jew is not giving himself to Jesus, but he did attend his first 12 step program meeting. I honestly can’t recall if I’ve written about that particular meeting in this space. It was a big step for me…and honestly one in which I’m still deciding if I am powerless.

Another area some of you know I’m having to put trust in is this bipolar diagnosis I received this spring. At times I feel better with the medications but it just feels like I’m on this constant roller coaster ride. Somedays i feel perfectly fine and then every once in awhile there’s uncontrollable tears.

So I haven’t been on here much these last few weeks. I’m not sure I discussed I had neck surgery to fix a pinched nerve in my neck. They went through the front of the neck and fused the C5/c6. Ah, I remember now i did journal to you all about this because while on the narcotics the next day I got phished for 140k in one of my crypto wallets.

Anyways, the first week of recovery went well, but since then it’s gone down hill. I have an MRI tonight. Basically I’ve had pain everyday except for the first week. Starting last week I lost occupational use of my right arm. The bicep and tricep are working but the deltoid is dead. This is the same muscle I struggled with pre surgery but now this arm is practically useless. I’m not sure the exact meaning of paralysis but I can feel pain in it but I can’t lift it And if you raise it above my head gravity lets it fall without any resistance. My surgeon is quite concerned and wants to know why what looked like a successful surgery now has a patient with acute deltoid weakness/paralysis three weeks later.

Anyways….so there’s always some good and bad. I’m choosing to believe getting this new job will add much to my life. I just hope physically I can do the work. Right now since this job involves sales I can make it happen. The future shall tell.

As always thanks for allowing me this space to share and be as transparent and vulnerable as needed.
Sorry to hear you are going through all this, especially the Bipolar issues. I never went with spinal surgery until paralysis was happening yet three different surgeries in different parts of my spine I; mine were good results, live with severe pain every day. No matter what path you choose, once your spine starts going bad the chances of a bad result are likely.

I don't envy you dealing with bipolar as my wife and I are trying to get our son back on his own again. Like you said there are good days and some not so good days. I hope you find what works for you as life is tough enough without adding more to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT