ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stick a fork in DeSantis?

Trump is the only Republican who can win in 2024. I promise you. The MAGA wing would vote Dem before they'd vote for anyone else. Believe what you want.
No way. I doubt any Republican can win. The party is split. More split than I can ever remember. Trump isn’t a Republican not in the classic sense anyway. He’s an opportunist. He’d be a democrat if he knew it would get him in office again.

No way. I doubt any Republican can win. The party is split. More split than I can ever remember. Trump isn’t a Republican not in the classic sense anyway. He’s an opportunist. He’d be a democrat if he knew it would get him in office again.
Really, the only sliver of hope the republicans have right now, and it’s not much of one, is the democrats have Joe Bidens rotting carcass and pretty much no one else.

Trotting him out there again would be a major stretch, although he’d still beat Trump.

@IU_Hickory i know you laugh at that but I’m telling you I work in an area that believes all that and more. Trump is a conundrum. It’s crazy how people think.
I laugh at the thought that Trump somehow got cheated. Covid didn't cause Trump's demise. His behavior along with how he fumbled the handling of covid led to his demise.

Really, the only sliver of hope the republicans have right now, and it’s not much of one, is the democrats have Joe Bidens rotting carcass and pretty much no one else.

Trotting him out there again would be a major stretch, although he’d still beat Trump.
That I can agree with. Although I think dems have other, better options. It just whether or not they go with those options.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Or someone voters perceive as far left. I think Pritzker and Newsom would have issues. Stay at home Pete forget it. Honestly if Dems rolled out a nonwoke moderate I don’t think they ever lose another national election going forward

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

That’s the other thing. What is trumps age again? We can do better. It’s actually sad really.

I laugh at the thought that Trump somehow got cheated. Covid didn't cause Trump's demise. His behavior along with how he fumbled the handling of covid led to his demise.
Ehhh…he would’ve been bashed no matter what road he took. Biden is a hack too. Harris is just a cardboard cutout at this point. Trumps mouth was the problem. The Dems continue to fumble the football too. They are trying to give the election away but here we are looking at Trump. Good grief we are stupid. Both sides.

He's done but he has to announce. He already killed his 2028 chances. Only way he doesn't is if the FL legislature refuses to change the resign to run law.

I knew it would happen but I'm honestly pretty surprised at how quickly Trump ended his career. Ron should've listened.
The Trumpsters far overestimate their importance in elections. They couldn't give Trump the popular vote twice and they lost the Senate in 2020 and 2022 and far underperformed for House Representative races which left the GOP with a very small advantage there than the safe and large margin they should have. Trump and Trumpsters are losers but haven't realized it yet. Reality is hitting them in their faces and they just refuse to recognize it.

He was a founding member of the Freedom Caucus. You can like Trump more for whatever reason, but come on.
He's been preparing to run against Trump in the primaries so to Trumpsters that makes him a RINO (they love misusing that term) or a Neocon or both. It's as inevitable as the sun rising in the east.

Reactions: NPT
He's been preparing to run against Trump in the primaries so to Trumpsters that makes him a RINO (they love misusing that term) or a Neocon or both. It's as inevitable as the sun rising in the east.
They don’t know or fail to recognize he’s actually a Republican. Trump isn’t. It’s very weird. Except I realized the generation who loves him grew up on reality tv.

Trump was bought yet he lost around $2B while in office. Maybe the only President ever to lose money. But sure whatever.
His son-in-law received two billion from The Kingdom, and now Trump Doral hosts the LiV tour. Both sides of the aisle are dirty AF- corrupt. It’s not a partisan issue. Hunter Biden begat Lauren Boebert increasing her net worth by millions in 1.05 terms

Or someone voters perceive as far left. I think Pritzker and Newsom would have issues. Stay at home Pete forget it. Honestly if Dems rolled out a nonwoke moderate I don’t think they ever lose another national election going forward
I have to disagree. The issue is their base would become disenfranchised with their moderate polices and stay home. Also, governments can’t fix most people’s issues and people get sick of the party in charge and vote for the other candidate who has all the answers 😉.

Ron is a Neocon and a deep state recruit. No way.
You’re not the target audience for DeSantis. Also, Trump wasn’t a conservative and he folded like a b#tch to Fauci when Covid hit.

P.S. If your actual concern is government corruption and draining the swamp, pray for sound money and Bitcoin.

Last edited:

Stuff like this doesn't help either. Those people feel they got a raw deal. They feel that they went through the popular channels to elect their guy and that the "elite", "deep state", "establishment", or whatever you want to call it lined up to dick him over in a way they don't do for a member of their club. The conspiracy "they stole it" stuff is hard to kill when that group cannot find it in themselves to not act like they do too.
Then there was over 2 1/2 years of fake 'Russian conspiracy' charges and now we know the FBI knew all the time the charges were bogus from the get-go.

That seems to be conveniently ignored here.

In 2016, Trump was the personification of the backlash against Obama and the ultimate spite vote against Hillary, who was supposed to be a shoo-in to win. Even at that, no matter how repulsive and outrageous he might have been, people were comforted by the notion that he'd "grow into the office," surround himself with quality people, and "become Presidential." No one imagined the kind of horror show we were in store for.
Oh, the horrors of record low inflation, unemployment, and no new wars.

Trump is the only Republican who can win in 2024. I promise you. The MAGA wing would vote Dem before they'd vote for anyone else. Believe what you want.
I really don't think that will be true when faced with whomever the Dems will run.

Reactions: Crayfish57
No. He can’t win. That’s delusional. And the maga wing are hickory dumb then. Ridiculous
He got over 70 million votes last election. He can win. It would take Dems not showing up, but that could happen if Biden runs again or they put up someone like Mayor Pete.

Reactions: Crayfish57
My guess would be that DBM doesn't believe he actually got outvoted.
He didn't get outvoted in the Electoral College in 2016, which is how we elect Presidents.

And the 2020 election was close, despite however you try to spin it today.

He got over 70 million votes last election. He can win. It would take Dems not showing up, but that could happen if Biden runs again or they put up someone like Mayor Pete.
Had he left with grace he’d have had a shot. How he left was despicable and sealed his fate. Conservatives I know at work who once voted for him cannot stand him now. They’re a good litmus test

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT