ADVERTISEMENT

I dont know, I think IU played well with just

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
two guards, Galloway and Cupps. With X, IU wins this one. Fatigue was a factor. Those dogging on Woodson obviously arent thinking about not having X. Yes the 10 pt lead lost sucks, but when you have two guards (CJ doesent even count, worse than Bates) your team is going to falter down the stretch. Just my take.

Last edited:
two guards, Galloway and Cupps. With X, IU wins this one. Fatigue was a factor. Those dogging on Woodson obviously arent thinking about not having X. Yes the 10 pt lead lossed sucks, but when you have two guards (CJ doesent even count, worse than Bates) your team is going to falter down the stretch. Just my take.
Why do they only have two guards?

How in the hell can an Indy-area 4-star guard suck worse than Bates and might even match Lander? We must lead the country in highly rated flops.

two guards, Galloway and Cupps. With X, IU wins this one. Fatigue was a factor. Those dogging on Woodson obviously arent thinking about not having X. Yes the 10 pt lead lost sucks, but when you have two guards (CJ doesent even count, worse than Bates) your team is going to falter down the stretch. Just my take.
Woodson put himself in this bind by not getting ANY guards in portal. No excuses. X had a history of injury. Cupps is a frosh- not the talent of an UPPERCLASS guard .

Woodson put himself in this bind by not getting ANY guards in portal. No excuses. X had a history of injury. Cupps is a frosh- not the talent of an UPPERCLASS guard .
A six foot nothing speedy good dribbler and defender would be great. Heaven for bid he could shoot. Not even asking for that. Pretty ridiculous as every mid major has one or two I’d take.

Unfortunately, X is a head case and is overrated. He might have a decent spurt but I keep seeing "if we only had X" - how long has he been at IU and what has he really accomplished? They lose by more with X as Galloway wouldn't have had the ball as much IMO.

Reactions: Jayhoosier83
A six foot nothing speedy good dribbler and defender would be great. Heaven for bid he could shoot. Not even asking for that. Pretty ridiculous as every mid major has one or two I’d take.
i attended the Saginaw Valley at Butler game on Friday night. the guard play we don't see at IU was on full display in that game. shortest dude on the court put in 22 for SVSU.

Reactions: Cavanagh
We could have used a few shots from Cupps but Kansas made shots from every position down the stretch. Inside and out the last 4 minutes, Kansas did not miss much. We disappeared offensively again in the second half but it game down to the last plays against the #2 team in the Nation. I'll take it. Now let's go out and dominate the Big Ten.

He knew Newton was hurt and it don’t take a genius to guess X was fragile.

Heck every time X crashed to the floor this year I worried if he’d get up. If he makes it back again this year, odds are he will get hurt again.
I was worried about this all summer as well. He has to own it. With that $1 million dollar raise smh

I was worried about this all summer as well. He has to own it. With that $1 million dollar raise smh
Woodson simply has to produce. Year 3, I am in no mood to listen to excuses.

Anything less than top 3 in conference and S16 or better is a failure this year.

Reactions: bailey777
We have spoke about X the last two years like he is Isaiah Thomas

Reactions: NOMORENIT
Unfortunately, X is a head case and is overrated. He might have a decent spurt but I keep seeing "if we only had X" - how long has he been at IU and what has he really accomplished? They lose by more with X as Galloway wouldn't have had the ball as much IMO.
As soon as someone steals the ball or blocks his shot..
He immediately thinks retaliation..To the point of a technical..
I'd be lying to say he won't help.
But he's far from a savior that some think he is..

Reactions: bsmitty08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT