ADVERTISEMENT

Grand jury votes to indict Trump

Breaking

It’s the least of the possible indictments and the easiest to characterize as political. Trumpsters have a martyr now and their slavish devotion will only increase. It’s also going to be hard for the prosecution to win according to legal beagles. It’s just not the case that’s going to end Trump as a political player IMO, more so if he wins.

Won’t be boring here for a while.

It’s the least of the possible indictments and the easiest to characterize as political. Trumpsters have a martyr now and their slavish devotion will only increase.

I won't disagree. Nevertheless, I want to see him run through the process and subject to whatever the circumstances merit. Even if it's a relatively minor infraction, I want it to play out.

It’s the least of the possible indictments and the easiest to characterize as political. Trumpsters have a martyr now and their slavish devotion will only increase. It’s also going to be hard for the prosecution to win according to legal beagles. It’s just not the case that’s going to end Trump as a political player IMO, more so if he wins.

Death penalty case?

A martyr is someone who is killed because of their beliefs. Calling him a martyr is about as hyperbolic as Trump himself, so perhaps it’s fitting. 😂

Reactions: IU_Hickory
IANAL, but his usual delaying tactics won't play as well once it gets to this point, will they?
No clue how ny state court works. I once kept my cousin’s DWI alive for almost five years. It was his third. By then the cop retired so the prosecutor dropped it to a misdemeanor

IANAL, but his usual delaying tactics won't play as well once it gets to this point, will they?
Kind of.

On one hand, the criminal court process tends to move quickly, especially for lower tier charges because judges don’t want clogged dockets.

That is balanced against judges being reticent to make someone stand trial before their attorneys are ready.

So, delay can be inevitable, but will still probably move faster than a corresponding civil case.

Kind of.

On one hand, the criminal court process tends to move quickly, especially for lower tier charges because judges don’t want clogged dockets.

That is balanced against judges being reticent to make someone stand trial before their attorneys are ready.

So, delay can be inevitable, but will still probably move faster than a corresponding civil case.
More importantly a spotlight will be on it

Another year-and-a-half of crap and back-and-forth ridiculousness.

I guess it’s way too much to expect and hope for a return to some kind of normalcy.
We've got the Georgia case and the Mar a Lago documents case and the Jan 6 case to look forward to, too. Could be looking at four cases going on simultaneously. Poor Donald just can't catch a break.

No clue how ny state court works. I once kept my cousin’s DWI alive for almost five years. It was his third. By then the cop retired so the prosecutor dropped it to a misdemeanor
Did your cousin ever get his shit together?

We've got the Georgia case and the Mar a Lago documents case and the Jan 6 case to look forward to, too. Could be looking at four cases going on simultaneously. Poor Donald just can't catch a break.
McMurtry can drag it out. He’s getting his legal mojo back. No longer weak.

Reactions: UncleMark
I guess we can dispense with the “this isn’t political” argument now.

I want Trump gone as much as the next guy and ianal but every single legal opinion I’ve seen on this says it’s a nothingburger. And it’s brought by a guy who was elected because he swore to take down Trump.

Just remember that this door can’t or won’t be closed once it’s open.

I guess we can dispense with the “this isn’t political” argument now.

I want Trump gone as much as the next guy and ianal but every single legal opinion I’ve seen on this says it’s a nothingburger. And it’s brought by a guy who was elected because he swore to take down Trump.

Just remember that this door can’t or won’t be closed once it’s open.
If it's a nothingburger than Trump will just take his fine or whatever and move on. That's how it works in a country of laws.

Of course he may drag it out claim victimhood.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT