ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Debate

Let’s thank god for that. Sorkin has some good works when he avoids politics. Similar to Ken Burns.

But Sorkin’s depiction of “good Republicans” as do-nothing, pushovers who wax poetic about Adam Smith while turning a blind eye to cultural rot is a bad joke. That opening scene of “Newsroom” is one of the most abominable things I’ve ever seen on screen. That whole series is a disaster area.

I never watched the West Wing, but based off of the simplistic, secular crap I’ve seen come out of Martin Sheen’s mouth in some clips I have no desire to.
What a surprise that you don’t like two great dramas that have been on tv in the last several decades. You think Sorkin’s dialogue is simplistic? That might be a first…

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
What a surprise that you don’t like two great dramas that have been on tv in the last several decades. You think Sorkin’s dialogue is simplistic? That might be a first…
I have no aversion to political dramas that don’t share my politics or Sorkin projects. I like Veep and House of Cards. A Few Food Men, Molly’s Game, Moneyball, and The Social Network.

Sorkins political works are just nauseating. I understand why you like them though.
That’s on brand.

Let’s thank god for that. Sorkin has some good works when he avoids politics. Similar to Ken Burns.

But Sorkin’s depiction of “good Republicans” as do-nothing, pushovers who wax poetic about Adam Smith while turning a blind eye to cultural rot is a bad joke. That opening scene of “Newsroom” is one of the most abominable things I’ve ever seen on screen. That whole series is a disaster area.

I never watched the West Wing, but based off of the simplistic, secular crap I’ve seen come out of Martin Sheen’s mouth in some clips I have no desire to.
Christie would most definitely not be do-nothing pushover. That’s not even a possibility with him.

Reactions: stollcpa
I have no aversion to political dramas that don’t share my politics or Sorkin projects. I like Veep and House of Cards. A Few Food Men, Molly’s Game, Moneyball, and The Social Network.

Sorkins political works are just nauseating. I understand why you like them though.
That’s on brand.
It’s more on brand that you don’t. West Wing is one of the highest rated dramas ever on TV. Nearly always in the top ten. So I have pretty good company with my opinion of the show. Too many smart women on it for ya?

• Haha
It’s more on brand that you don’t. West Wing is one of the highest rated dramas ever on TV. Nearly always in the top ten. So I have pretty good company with my opinion of the show. Too many smart women on it for ya?
It’s because I’m surrounded by smart women that I can so easily identify the dumb bitches.

Christie would most definitely not be do-nothing pushover. That’s not even a possibility with him.
He’ll fight for fiscal reform that could never get passed through the legislature. He’ll never exercise the full authority of his office to take a hatchet to the executive branch.

He’ll fight for fiscal reform that could never get passed through the legislature. He’ll never exercise the full authority of his office to take a hatchet to the executive branch.
I don’t know why you’d think that. He has a record that is the opposite of that.

That’s on brand.
You would not like The West Wing.

It was a great show, though. Newsroom was terrible.

I recorded it and got around to watching it last night. Christie was outstanding and Haley was excellent. A+ for Christie, A- for Haley. DeSantis deserves a C and Ramaswamy can go F himself, so I guess that means he gets a F from me.

Christie has been my favorite all along, but I don’t think he has a shot so I’m all in on Haley. Christie can think on his feet, he’s an outstanding speaker, and he’s the only one who actually tells the truth about Trump. Haley won’t go as far as she needs some Trumpster backing too. If/when Trump is convicted she should go further in his criticism of Trump the felon.
Christie would be a great president. For some reason he has no chance of winning republican nomination.

Christie would be a great president. For some reason he has no chance of winning republican nomination.
The reason is that he’s no longer loyal to Trump. Trumpsters will not forgive that and now consider him a RINO. I know you’d vote for Trump, but I’m sure that you’d also vote for Christie if he was the GOP nominee. Trumpsters will not, so you’re not a Trumpster per my definition.

Trump would never get anything he wants through Congress. He governs as a President only for his base, the Trumpsters. He doesn’t even pretend to be a President concerned about the needs or desires of Democrats, Independents or non-Trumpster Republicans. He’ll be limited to what he can do unilaterally, which is too much these days, but not enough to do what his base wants him to do.

Last edited:
The reason is that he’s no longer loyal to Trump. Trumpsters will not forgive that and now consider him a RINO. I know you’d vote for Trump, but I’m sure that you’d also vote for Christie if he was the GOP nominee. Trumpsters will not, so you’re not a Trumpster per my definition.
Probably need 3 categories...those who only want Trump, those who are willing to vote for Trump and those who wouldn't vote for Trump

Trumpers, trumper adjacent and republicans maybe

My party is currently dysfunctional and controlled by the stupid and brainwashed.
It is sad that the normal Republicans got ran off.

I can't say I liked them before but that was only due to not agreeing with policy. Now it is much worse than just policy differences. Republicans with a spine have been run off or quit for the most part. Quit a few are probably pretending because they don't want trumpers to vote them out

• Haha
Well, in at least one episode he said Michigan sucks. So it's not all bad.

I recorded it and got around to watching it last night. Christie was outstanding and Haley was excellent. A+ for Christie, A- for Haley. DeSantis deserves a C and Ramaswamy can go F himself, so I guess that means he gets a F from me.

Christie has been my favorite all along, but I don’t think he has a shot so I’m all in on Haley. Christie can think on his feet, he’s an outstanding speaker, and he’s the only one who actually tells the truth about Trump. Haley won’t go as far as she needs some Trumpster backing too. If/when Trump is convicted she should go further in his criticism of Trump the felon.
Haley shrunk. Christie White Knighting for her was a terrible look. You think Margaret Thatcher would have allowed that to happen? “Thanks Chris, but I can fight my own battles” is all it would’ve took. Would’ve been a great moment.

Vivek and Ron opened up real lines of attack on her and she didn’t have much to say. The second half of the debate I forgot she was there.

Wednesday was Ron’s night, but it’s unlikely to matter.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
Haley shrunk. Christie White Knighting for her was a terrible look. You think Margaret Thatcher would have allowed that to happen? “Thanks Chris, but I can fight my own battles” is all it would’ve took. Would’ve been a great moment.

Vivek and Ron opened up real lines of attack on her and she didn’t have much to say. The second half of the debate I forgot she was there.

Wednesday was Ron’s night, but it’s unlikely to matter.
I doubt you watched it. Haley defended herself very well.

Reactions: outside shooter
I will vote for Desantis, Haley or Christie in primary. If my choice is Trump/Biden in election it’s not a close call for me. Any democrat I’d be willing to vote for has no chance being the nominee with the crazy left who controls the democrat party.

I will vote for Desantis, Haley or Christie in primary. If my choice is Trump/Biden in election it’s not a close call for me. Any democrat I’d be willing to vote for has no chance being the nominee with the crazy left who controls the democrat party.

Name one person on the left that is crazier than trump?

So dumb

• Haha
And I suspect trump will beat Biden soundly. That’s how bad Biden is. And I hope on day one trump announces he won’t leave office until he’s in a coffin. At least get some entertainment cookin again

• Haha
Isn’t it too late to swap out Biden anyway.

I'll be voting republican no matter who it is. Not sure I have a preference with the current lineup. Don't really like any of the choices. Christie is alright I guess.

Last thing I really want though is a mush brain biden and another geriatric having a rematch.

I seriously doubt that, but I think Trump has been speaking nonsense for many years. I guess it's all perception.
I just can’t believe you can watch Biden and not see he has problems.

When I am out and about and I see some elderly person shuffling along, I think holy shit, our president looks as bad.

Put Biden and Trump side my side. No handlers, no notes and no moderator. Trump would demolish Biden.
If Biden is the nominee, which I’m still less than 50% sure that will be the case, there will be no general election debates. Especially if the opponent is Trump.

I just can’t believe you can watch Biden and not see he has problems.

When I am out and about and I see some elderly person shuffling along, I think holy shit, our president looks as bad.
I don't get it. It's OK to dislike Trump and biden.

Everybody knows biden is in mental decline. Hell, he was before he was elected. But a lot of people are in denial for some reason. I guess because all other dem choices suck more than a potato head.

I don't get it. It's OK to dislike Trump and biden.

Everybody knows biden is in mental decline. Hell, he was before he was elected. But a lot of people are in denial for some reason. I guess because all other dem choices suck more than a potato head.
People who hate Trump refuse to acknowledge the obvious with Biden.

At 83 a couple months before my dad’s heart gave out, he could have run circles around Biden. He wasn’t walking around in circles lost. He was driving and living his life. I doubt Biden is capable of driving a car. I wonder if he can even dress himself.

Reactions: DANC and Cthulhu85
She did not dignify their desperate shrill hysteria with a response and it made her look presidential.
Has she laid out an explanation for her net worth ballooning from 100K to 8 million or are we all gonna pretend to be okay with the fact that she is corrupt?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT