ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Debate

Just now tuned in to see they're at a commercial break.

Who's winning? Who's stupid?

Been a fun one so far. Early Haley pile on by DeSantis and V. Then Haley and Christie come after V for being an ass.

Yeah, I had to switch away.

dbm just posted a video in the Vivek thread. Scary shit.
I don’t like all the conspiracy stuff. And honestly I don’t like watching people argue and fight. I don’t mind but I don’t want to see or watch it.

Reactions: ulrey
Does it matter?
Not really.

It is similar to the many conservatives that were against Trump leading up to 2016 until they realized they would only get re-elected by being pro-trump.

After Jan 6, they thought it was safe to part ways with Trump only to realize it wasn't safe afterall.

Vivek is probably gunning for vp spot under trump

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I don’t like all the conspiracy stuff. And honestly I don’t like watching people argue and fight. I don’t mind but I don’t want to see or watch it.
I watched the first debate and some of the second, but when they start screeching at each other, I can't stand it.

It's not just them - I don't like to see Trump and Biden do it, either.

I think the debates have turned into nothing but who can get the biggest headlines the next day. The format of the 'debates' is just awful

Not really.

It is similar to the many conservatives that were against Trump leading up to 2016 until they realized they would only get re-elected by being pro-trump.

After Jan 6, they thought it was safe to part ways with Trump only to realize it wasn't safe afterall.

Vivek is probably gunning for vp spot under trump
Wow, @mcmurtry66 has actually helped you out with your posting.

Your post actually make some sense. Good job!

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I recorded it and got around to watching it last night. Christie was outstanding and Haley was excellent. A+ for Christie, A- for Haley. DeSantis deserves a C and Ramaswamy can go F himself, so I guess that means he gets a F from me.

Christie has been my favorite all along, but I don’t think he has a shot so I’m all in on Haley. Christie can think on his feet, he’s an outstanding speaker, and he’s the only one who actually tells the truth about Trump. Haley won’t go as far as she needs some Trumpster backing too. If/when Trump is convicted she should go further in his criticism of Trump the felon.

Last edited:
Trump Vivek* 2024

*Vivek because it's hard enough to spell his first name and Vivek sounds a little less Haji than his last name.

I recorded it and got around to watching it last night. Christie was outstanding and Haley was excellent. A+ for Christie, A- for Haley. DeSantis deserves a C and Ramaswamy can go F himself, so I guess that means he gets a F from me.

Christie has been my favorite all along, but I don’t think he has a shot so I’m all in on Haley. Christie can think on his feet, he’s an outstanding speaker, and he’s the only one who actually tells the truth about Trump. Haley won’t go as far as she needs some Trumpster backing too. If/when Trump is convicted she should go further in his criticism of Trump the felon.
Christie sounds like the Republican we'd get in a Sorkin drama. Haley is probably the best we can do in real life.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Christie sounds like the Republican we'd get in a Sorkin drama. Haley is probably the best we can do in real life.
Let’s thank god for that. Sorkin has some good works when he avoids politics. Similar to Ken Burns.

But Sorkin’s depiction of “good Republicans” as do-nothing, pushovers who wax poetic about Adam Smith while turning a blind eye to cultural rot is a bad joke. That opening scene of “Newsroom” is one of the most abominable things I’ve ever seen on screen. That whole series is a disaster area.

I never watched the West Wing, but based off of the simplistic, secular crap I’ve seen come out of Martin Sheen’s mouth in some clips I have no desire to.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT