ADVERTISEMENT

Fairwell - Mods I come in peace.

Aug 30, 2023
The Vid here speaking. I got banned today for the first time ever and I just wanted to clear my name.

1. Sorry if I pissed you off Cav. I realize maybe I’ve been pushing it? Didn’t realize it was ban worthy but it’s your site as a mod and I’m not paying so I get it.

2. I have had one account on this site for 20+ years and it’s The Vid. Googity Goo or Farva or anyone other losers creating fake accounts that are now attached to me are not real. Creating this account to clear my name is maybe the single most pathetic thing I’ve ever done, but like I said I’ve been around for over 20 years and met a lot of good people along the way. What’s up @Zizkov I hope you and your family are doing well In Prague.

3. The IP identify issues outlined in the other thread seem to be a problem if it’s going to be used against someone in a banning. I was accused of posting “all over the rivals network,” creating hundreds of accounts, etc and it’s simply not true. As twenty said, I’m too normal for that nonsense. Only other board I’ve ever visited was the Purdue free board maybe 15 years ago and I definitely got banned there ha. I’ve had one single account for 20+ year on this board only.

Strange end for me after so long, I was honestly kicking around the joining the pay board again but it looks like I’m out.

@DrHoops - props to you for driving “GO IU” around Chicago. I love that! Bet you’ve pissed off some Illini grads for sure!

@TMP - always thought we would blaze one together, but it may never come to be. I know we’ve had some battles but it always in fun for me. Love your music posts. Take care

For the Glory of Old IU 💯until the day I die.

The Vid (the one and the only)

The Vid here speaking. I got banned today for the first time ever and I just wanted to clear my name.

1. Sorry if I pissed you off Cav. I realize maybe I’ve been pushing it? Didn’t realize it was ban worthy but it’s your site as a mod and I’m not paying so I get it.

2. I have had one account on this site for 20+ years and it’s The Vid. Googity Goo or Farva or anyone other losers creating fake accounts that are now attached to me are not real. Creating this account to clear my name is maybe the single most pathetic thing I’ve ever done, but like I said I’ve been around for over 20 years and met a lot of good people along the way. What’s up @Zizkov I hope you and your family are doing well In Prague.

3. The IP identify issues outlined in the other thread seem to be a problem if it’s going to be used against someone in a banning. I was accused of posting “all over the rivals network,” creating hundreds of accounts, etc and it’s simply not true. As twenty said, I’m too normal for that nonsense. Only other board I’ve ever visited was the Purdue free board maybe 15 years ago and I definitely got banned there ha. I’ve had one single account for 20+ year on this board only.

Strange end for me after so long, I was honestly kicking around the joining the pay board again but it looks like I’m out.

@DrHoops - props to you for driving “GO IU” around Chicago. I love that! Bet you’ve pissed off some Illini grads for sure!

@TMP - always thought we would blaze one together, but it may never come to be. I know we’ve had some battles but it always in fun for me. Love your music posts. Take care

An awful lot of this occurring the past month...Wonder whats been different :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sad Doctor Who GIF

I'm going to guess those IP addresses are nodes that Yahoo/Rivals have set up that users connect to, not originating IPs.

@Marvin the Martian or @Hank Reardon could probably add some clarity.
Stop. This is getting interesting. I’m hoping I’ll get accused of being Goat, Rockfish, Bulk, or IUCrazy-or someone else much smarter than me. With my luck, my IP will match up with Cray or Dmb.

Don't give up, just post under a new handle. Or @Cavanagh could be gracias and unban you.

*Gracious (lol)

Last edited:

i didn’t read this, but I am giggling how hard you took this. I unbanned you. Thank the posters for making me believe the IP thing is wrong. Farva is your bro for sure tho.

Don't give up, just post under a new handle. Or @Cavanagh could be gracias and unban you.
Or just learn how to explain yourself like a grown-up.

Edit: This is meant for Vid, which I guess if he's banned is kind of pointless.

I'm going to guess those IP addresses are nodes that Yahoo/Rivals have set up that users connect to, not originating IPs.

@Marvin the Martian or @Hank Reardon could probably add some clarity.
Someone showed me a screenshot with me and Bloom using the same IP address. So the IP address crap bandied around here is obviously bullshit.

Someone showed me a screenshot with me and Bloom using the same IP address. So the IP address crap bandied around here is obviously bullshit.

Most likely a combination of using the same ISP and being in the same broad geographic region. Farva and Vid are both in Chicago and presumably both use Comcast.

Reactions: stollcpa
i didn’t read this, but I am giggling how hard you took this. I unbanned you. Thank the posters for making me believe the IP thing is wrong. Farva is your bro for sure tho.
Good deal that you unbanned @The Vid.

I recognized my error and unbanned @T.M.P. a month or so ago. Only time I’ve banned anyone and I was wrong for banning him because he was giving it to me personally.

Most likely a combination of using the same ISP and being in the same broad geographic region. Farva and Vid are both in Chicago and presumably both use Comcast.
IP addresses can be dynamically assigned … An IP address assigned at an Internet cafe … will be different from one assigned at home. The MAC address is the real fingerprint. The write things called RFCs for that.

Reactions: NPT
I argue with The Vid a lot, but he’s definitely not ban worthy.

IP addresses can be dynamically assigned … An IP address assigned at an Internet cafe … will be different from one assigned at home. The MAC address is the real fingerprint. The write things called RFCs for that.
Alas, one can change their MAC address. And ways to spoof different MAC addresses.

Good deal that you unbanned @The Vid.

I recognized my error and unbanned @T.M.P. a month or so ago. Only time I’ve banned anyone and I was wrong for banning him because he was giving it to me personally.
Hey, @stollcpa ...serious question.
I was just reading through this months edition of Urban Times up here in Indy, and they have a story about a 1932 kidnapping that involves an Alice and Berry Stoll.
Any relation?
Pretty interesting story.

Hey, @stollcpa ...serious question.
I was just reading through this months edition of Urban Times up here in Indy, and they have a story about a 1932 kidnapping that involves an Alice and Berry Stoll.
Any relation?
I don’t recognize the names but that doesn’t mean they aren’t relatives. I’ll give the names to my mom today. She has books of both sides of our family, Graber and Stoll. She will enjoy digging to see what she can find out.

Ever since you stopped calling me a “hillbilly” for not making excuses for Chicago you have been good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT