ADVERTISEMENT

Evangelicals call Jesus "weak" and "liberal"

I think that for all intents and purposes, sex within a marriage of two adults is probably the best way to go about it. That said, I don't think your are off to hell if you have it before marriage. (Hope not or I am in trouble.) That said, I know that religious point of view isn't something you can force on everyone. So I do think there is a median there that can be reached where we are honest with kids too, sex is fun. It feels good. However, there are a whooooole host of emotions and things that get wrapped up with it too and promiscuity has it's own drawbacks. I think the whole "I went through my ho phase" and the "hookup" culture going on now is detrimental to society at large.

Huge topic I don't have the opportunity to get into here but I have two articles bookmarked to talk about when I have more time. We have an epidemic of teens/young adults who aren't coping well in this world and this is just one piece of it. There is a really big piece that I think ties these all together that the articles discuss. Sorry, not meaning to give a teaser but I don't want to just drop links with no comment.
Aren't kids today having less sex than previous generations?

I don't know. You get varying answers on that if you dig in.

I think kids/young adults are having more unhealthy relationships than in the past. Sexually, emotionally, platonically, etc.
I think there’s a lot to that. They can do so much communication via phone. And social media is a hookup machine.

I think that for all intents and purposes, sex within a marriage of two adults is probably the best way to go about it. That said, I don't think your are off to hell if you have it before marriage. (Hope not or I am in trouble.) That said, I know that religious point of view isn't something you can force on everyone. So I do think there is a median there that can be reached where we are honest with kids too, sex is fun. It feels good. However, there are a whooooole host of emotions and things that get wrapped up with it too and promiscuity has it's own drawbacks. I think the whole "I went through my ho phase" and the "hookup" culture going on now is detrimental to society at large.

Huge topic I don't have the opportunity to get into here but I have two articles bookmarked to talk about when I have more time. We have an epidemic of teens/young adults who aren't coping well in this world and this is just one piece of it. There is a really big piece that I think ties these all together that the articles discuss. Sorry, not meaning to give a teaser but I don't want to just drop links with no comment.
Tease

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT