ADVERTISEMENT

driving in Btown area this weekend- looking for any current advice

Been driving 37/69 to Bloomington periodically and never had a significant backup despite significant construction ongoing. No need to avoid it in my opinion. Now 465 construction might be a problem depending on where and when you are coming from.

Thanks. The article also had a link to I69finishline.com, which is helpful.

Looks like if I'm driving from the west side of 465 I'll have to exit on 70 and then get over to 67 on Ameriplex parkway or whatever that is to cut over to 67. If from the East I can take my chances on 37 still.

And coming back up, you can't exit 37 to 465 eastbound so that's not an option.

Will leave early the first day that's for sure.

This is the same week we went last year and I didn't have any problems. I remember because the parking was free at the union on juneteenth holiday.

Thanks. The article also had a link to I69finishline.com, which is helpful.

Looks like if I'm driving from the west side of 465 I'll have to exit on 70 and then get over to 67 on Ameriplex parkway or whatever that is to cut over to 67. If from the East I can take my chances on 37 still.

And coming back up, you can't exit 37 to 465 eastbound so that's not an option.

Will leave early the first day that's for sure.

This is the same week we went last year and I didn't have any problems. I remember because the parking was free at the union on juneteenth holiday.
Go to your local airport FBO, charter a ride in an airplane to land at Monroe County.

Reactions: Cavanagh and 76-1
Bringing this up again as we are going to bball camp next week. Figuring on skipping 37 coming off 465 for sure, so will take 67. Is it better to cut over on 144 or go down to Martinsville? Open to the gosport idea too.

We'll be driving from Fishers. Figuring on going around the West side of Indy as SE portion of 465 is always a mess.
Eastbound 465 from 70 on the west side to 65 on the south side is scheduled closed through 6/21. I traveled westbound 465 yesterday. It didn't look like they were ahead of schedule on the eastbound work.

I would think you would be fine taking 465 on the east side from Fishers to westbound 465 on the south side to 37/69. I'm not familiar with the mess you mention on the SE side.

Once you get on 37/69 south, it's a breeze.

69/37 north from Btown to Indy is also a breeze.... until the last mile before 465 with the eastbound lanes closed.
That last mile is a gridlocked cluster. If eastbound 465 is still closed when you come back, I would find another route to avoid that last mile.

Went thru 3 weeks ago, TOTALLY different now. Come off 465, stay to the left, major highway takes ya right down to Bloomington but it called 69 I think. Old 37 is to the right of the cones as you get to south side of 465, just past that light. I-69 goes directly thru to Evansville
Last week We had to come down the opposite side of 465 to hit 37/69 because of construction. I thought 37/69 was a lot more smooth than last year. It was also nice to not have to take the.detour through Martinsville.

Didn't have any trouble at all getting down here today. Took the route I would normally take if not concerned with traffic or construction as google maps didn't show any delays - 69/465 around east side/37/69.

Reactions: Brockway
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT