ADVERTISEMENT

Even though I couldn't play today because my back was bothering me, I had a blast playing golf this weekend.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
Our choose up group had two fivesomes Saturday morning and we both finished in about 3 1/2 hours.

We play the Stableford format and each golfer has a quota that can change each round. In other words, it can go up or down--depending on how you played in your previous round.

Our fivesome got off to a slow start, but turned it around on a normally tough par 3 (No. 6). Three of us birdied No. 6 for 12 points, our other two teammates parred it for another 4 points and we walked off the green with 16 points on one hole. That seemed to give us momentum and we won the front, back and total as a result.

We also had fun Sunday. Trayce Jackson-Davis' former high school coach was in our foursome and it was a blast talking basketball with him. He is the son-in-law of one of our members and he is a humble individual.

Our group got off to a slow start because we had an extremely slow foursome in front of us. Even though all four members of our group were walking and all four of the golfers in front of us were riding in carts, we were having to wait way too long on every shot.

Eventually, the Director of Golf came out, instructed them to let us play through and we suddenly began playing much better as a result. Ironically, we played through them on No. 6. Six must be our lucky number.

We had a couple of unusual holes on the back nine Sunday. One of our players hit a great shot on No. 13 (165-yard par 3) and it hit the pin. Unfortunately, it bounced off the pin, rolled about 30 feet to the fringe and he wound up three-putting for a bogey even though we originally thought it was going in for an ace.

A few holes later, the same golfer hit a monstrous drive on a par 4 hole. He and one of our playing partners then began trash talking each other. The long knocker wound up putting his approach shot on the green and the other golfer left his about 20 or 30 yards right of the green as the trash talking got even funnier. The golfer then holed out his 20 or 30 yard shot for a birdie, I hit a putt for a birdie and the long knocker two-putted for a par.

Once again, we finished in about 3 1/2 hours and had fun talking with each other afterward until our opponents joined us. This time, we just won the back and total.

Even though my back prevented me from playing golf this morning, I still got some exercise. I went for a 3.4-mile walk and then mowed our lawn. As a result of the activities, my back seems to be doing much better now.

Life is good!

Reactions: stollcpa
Our choose up group had two fivesomes Saturday morning and we both finished in about 3 1/2 hours.

We play the Stableford format and each golfer has a quota that can change each round. In other words, it can go up or down--depending on how you played in your previous round.

Our fivesome got off to a slow start, but turned it around on a normally tough par 3 (No. 6). Three of us birdied No. 6 for 12 points, our other two teammates parred it for another 4 points and we walked off the green with 16 points on one hole. That seemed to give us momentum and we won the front, back and total as a result.

We also had fun Sunday. Trayce Jackson-Davis' former high school coach was in our foursome and it was a blast talking basketball with him. He is the son-in-law of one of our members and he is a humble individual.

Our group got off to a slow start because we had an extremely slow foursome in front of us. Even though all four members of our group were walking and all four of the golfers in front of us were riding in carts, we were having to wait way too long on every shot.

Eventually, the Director of Golf came out, instructed them to let us play through and we suddenly began playing much better as a result. Ironically, we played through them on No. 6. Six must be our lucky number.

We had a couple of unusual holes on the back nine Sunday. One of our players hit a great shot on No. 13 (165-yard par 3) and it hit the pin. Unfortunately, it bounced off the pin, rolled about 30 feet to the fringe and he wound up three-putting for a bogey even though we originally thought it was going in for an ace.

A few holes later, the same golfer hit a monstrous drive on a par 4 hole. He and one of our playing partners then began trash talking each other. The long knocker wound up putting his approach shot on the green and the other golfer left his about 20 or 30 yards right of the green as the trash talking got even funnier. The golfer then holed out his 20 or 30 yard shot for a birdie, I hit a putt for a birdie and the long knocker two-putted for a par.

Once again, we finished in about 3 1/2 hours and had fun talking with each other afterward until our opponents joined us. This time, we just won the back and total.

Even though my back prevented me from playing golf this morning, I still got some exercise. I went for a 3.4-mile walk and then mowed our lawn. As a result of the activities, my back seems to be doing much better now.

Life is good!
Your love of golf reminds me of Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty. He had broken a ligament in his back bringing in a heavy net. Even though this kept him from participating in Duck Season for the first time in a long time he still was present while others did it.

Life is good!
We play fivesomes most of the time and always finish in 3 1/2 hours or less unless we’re held up by a slow foursome.

We draw for partners and switch partners every 6 holes. One team has bubba who plays at par. Every player gets bubba at least once. Team with bubba pays 1 1/2 or collects 1 1/2. We have two games going. A three hole $10 Nassau. A point for low ball and a point for high ball each hole. and a $1 Vegas game that can get steep with birdies. If you’re down $50 after three holes you can double the bet the second three holes. We have a mark on our putters at sixteen inches for gimmies. Two footers can get stressful sometimes.

We have 12/14 guys in our golf thread so we can usually get two foursomes or fivesomes. Every day that ends in Y except Monday.

We usually play 5 as well. Normally play wolf. Also under 3.5 unless we get held up. Never a problem in the summer but sometimes in the winter when iris quite a bit busier

Life is good!
Good grief, my friend. Anyone who plays in 2 fivesomes on a Saturday morning at a club, doesn't also then get to complain about the slow play of another group. I know, I know, you finished in 92 minutes, but still, that's going to piss off everyone else out there that day. And, no, I don't believe for a second that 2 fivesomes wasn't backing things up on multiple holes!

Reactions: PhishPhan682
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT