ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats are stupid

That’s no

That’s not true. Every classified document is numbered in a log and tracked from printing through destruction. Apparently, they are less thorough in Congress and the Executive branch. It must be fixed.
Aloha a question.... if you got a classified document and never returned it would there be someone contact you wanting to know where it was or did you have to stay in a certain area to read them and then return them before you left?

Isn’t this the prosecutor sope was so proud of. Good grief. Clown show. But again a special can be appointed and trump’s wrongdoing is his wrongdoing. Prosecutorial discretion that would ostensibly be undermined by political motivation is removed from doubt when the evidence supporting an indictment and prosecution stands. She can be politically motivated AND he engaged in criminality.

This may look good in the newspaper but doesn’t benefit trump in court
Yeah, that's him.

dws

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Aloha a question.... if you got a classified document and never returned it would there be someone contact you wanting to know where it was or did you have to stay in a certain area to read them and then return them before you left?
I've never been in a situation where I would need to take one home. Every classified document is logged from receipt to destruction. Some things could only be read in a SCIF on the ship, but the entire ship is a SCIF for up to Top Secret. I was brought the "read board" every day where I'd read it in my stateroom and initial that I've seen it and have them come and pick it up.

Reactions: outside shooter
This Wade guy sounds like a hack. You're going after the former President--if your office doesn't have the fire power (I highly doubt that), go get a top notch former fed prosecutor from Alston Bird or King & Spaulding. Weird.

And this is worse than bad optics. He's billing 24 hours in a day, and then using his money to take Willis on lavish vacations together? That's corruption.
You go to Alston Bird and King and Spalding for political matters. If you want expertise in lawyering, you might go elsewhere. Like if you want a RICO lawyer, you might go to him:

I've spent up to 30 hours straight on a matter. I haven't used the proceeds to wine and dine, or take a prosecutor on vacation though.

I've also been billed at $450 an hour. Not that I was ever worth it.

Last edited:
Politically motivated prosecutions is misconduct. prosecutorial misconduct that rises to the level of denial of due process or denial of a fair trial can be grounds to dismiss the charges. I agree this is a tough row to hoe on these facts. As you note, Trump will use it at his rallies.
Would a grand jury indictment change your opinion about whether there's a politically motivated prosecution? Prosecutorial misconduct?

'cause that's what we have here.

Last edited:
I've never been in a situation where I would need to take one home. Every classified document is logged from receipt to destruction. Some things could only be read in a SCIF on the ship, but the entire ship is a SCIF for up to Top Secret. I was brought the "read board" every day where I'd read it in my stateroom and initial that I've seen it and have them come and pick it up.
What if you just kept it... would they eventually ask you where it was?

Who had it would be in the log and of course I couldn't keep it.
I think what NPT is trying to get at is this: How did Pence and Biden end up sitting on copies of classified materials at home for so long? Why wasn't there someone somewhere who noticed in a log book that something that should have been returned hadn't been?

I think what NPT is trying to get at is this: How did Pence and Biden end up sitting on copies of classified materials at home for so long? Why wasn't there someone somewhere who noticed in a log book that something that should have been returned hadn't been?
Nobody asked for them. Which is why NPT had the question and Aloha has been claiming all along he doesn't know why there'd be different enforcement rules for civilians and military personnel.

I don't know. Elected and appointed civilians have proven to extremely lacking in the area of protecting classified national security information and it needs to be fixed. I'm hoping they've tightened this up considerably after all these high profile cases.

You go to Alston Bird and King and Spalding for political matters. If you want expertise in lawyering, you might go elsewhere. Like if you want a RICO lawyer, you might go to him:

I've spent up to 30 hours straight on a matter. I haven't used the proceeds to wine and dine, or take a prosecutor on vacation though.

I've also been billed at $450 an hour. Not that I was ever worth it.
The point is that you don't go to a guy like Wade, right?

You must be old if you were only billed at $450. Chicago divorce attys now charge that. Most 20+ year attys in high profile practice areas are charging over $1000 an hour. Yes, I know, it's ridiculous.

You must be old if you were only billed at $450. Chicago divorce attys now charge that. Most 20+ year attys in high profile practice areas are charging over $1000 an hour. Yes, I know, it's ridiculous.

My client is paying a legal expert $1,400 on a specific regulatory matter.

Reactions: BradStevens

My old boss was at $1,250 an hour twenty years ago representing tobacco companies.

Partially correct. I was really trying to understand how the system works. If Aloha gets a document and it's logged that he got it what happens if he doesn't return it. Is he notified that it needs to be returned. If so how long before he's notified? Also what happens if he accidentally dropped it overboard? (I'm sure some classfied documents get destroyed along the way).

I thought our partner at Taft billing us $650/hr was ridiculous.
Yeah those partners made absurd money. We didn’t make shit. I’ll never forget a settlement check came in for 14 mil and my buddy goes “hey did you see that Che k from so and so came in?” I said no and he goes well we should get something. We did all the work. And I go well go ask him.

2 seconds later my buddy came out with his head down. I go what did he say. “That he could have done it without us.” 🤣🤣

I thought our partner at Taft billing us $650/hr was ridiculous.
The main guy was on the Porsche racing team and had a fleet of race cars. Was on the same polo team as Tommy Lee jones. Had a condo he used just to change into polo gear. A horse farm for his horses in South Carolina and a crew of ranch guys from Argentina. An apartment in manhattan. House in Malibu. House in palm beach. And the glazier behind Man U was his next door neighbor. And I can’t remember exactly but I bet we made $85 or $90k. Worked 8:30-8:00 five days a week and most of Saturdays. F’d up

The main guy was on the Porsche racing team and had a fleet of race cars. Was on the same polo team as Tommy Lee jones. Had a condo he used just to change into polo gear. A horse farm for his horses in South Carolina and a crew of ranch guys from Argentina. An apartment in manhattan. House in Malibu. House in palm beach. And the glazier behind Man U was his next door neighbor. And I can’t remember exactly but I bet we made $85 or $90k. Worked 8:30-8:00 five days a week and most of Saturdays. F’d up
But look at you now!

Who loves ya, Baby?

I am old, no question about that. And I don't know about Chicago, but suburban Atlanta divorce superlawyers are getting $465 an hour. And around 2008/9 had a client paying $1200 an hour for a high level guy in a politically charged matter.

I know nothing about Wade, but it strikes me that Floyd must be the RICO theory guy behind the case, while Wade was the execution guy - the guy to execute the theory. If you read the article I linked, Floyd "teaches" the theory to other attorneys to execute. Floyd is doing this case pro bono, so my guess is he's not doing the subpoena work.

Wade might be fully capable of running with the theory/strategy laid out by Floyd/Willis. I don't know the guy.

In any case, I sure as hell wouldn't have been seeking to have sex with her. Money matters too much to me.

Last edited:
that was where we first learned life didn't seem like it was gonna be fair
That one or Jack Klugman as Quincy, surrounded by hot chicks who partied. Guy was a freakin' 65 year old coroner who pulled more quality wool than 90% of the rest of us.

1970's crime dramas are the reason we act the way we do today. I'm sure of it.

I haven't followed the details closely so how did they know Trump had them but didn't know Biden and Pence had them?
You're not supposed to ask those kinds of questions - to embarrassing.

Besides, it's different when Pence and Biden break the rules.

I can answer that. You don't 'get' a classified document. You go to a secured location to view it, if you have the right clearance AND need to know. You can have a TS clearance, but not have the need to know.

You are not allowed to remove those documents and are literally searched before you leave the facility. That's for the military. Obviously, it's different in DC, where Sandy Burger smuggled documents out in his underwear.

It is an answer. Obviously they didn't do a great job of keeping track but I would also think it is more noticeable when a lot more crap is missing
Are you ignorant. Someone saw Trump taking boxes out of the White House and reported it.

It's not like someone found out they were missing.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Would a grand jury indictment change your opinion about whether there's a politically motivated prosecution? Prosecutorial misconduct?

'cause that's what we have here.

Do you know anyone who's been 'investigated' by a Grand Jury who hasn't been prosecuted?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Biden didn't return his until he was busted.

Don't play double standard.
Trump didn't return "his" documents even after he was busted. He kept them and then variously said he didn't have them, he was authorized to have them, he had already declassified them, they weren't important documents, and on and on.

You guys should really try to figure out better responses to remarks about all the crazy stuff Trump does. It looks silly to equate Biden with Trump every single time.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
One difference with a POTUS is the vast number of. documents created every hour, many of them mundane, are classified. A draft of next week's travel, where we get dinner tonight, the time when we get on the helicopter. When air force 1 is taking off, memo summarizing a phone call from a foreign leader, possible responses to a negative media report. On and on, all day long.

CNN didn’t post a story where DA Fani Willis called criticisms about Wade were racist attacks.
She did. She used a statistical argument; she hired three outside lawyers, one of whom was a white woman, one of whom was a white man and one of whom was a black man. She claims racism because the black man was singled out for, um, criticism.

An argument could be made that the racism is hers, since she had an affair with only the black man after hiring three, two of whom are white. The criticism is of her behavior in having the affair. I don't think her "explanation" holds water. Do you?

She did. She used a statistical argument; she hired three outside lawyers, one of whom was a white woman, one of whom was a white man and one of whom was a black man. She claims racism because the black man was singled out for, um, criticism.

An argument could be made that the racism is hers, since she had an affair with only the black man after hiring three, two of whom are white. The criticism is of her behavior in having the affair. I don't think her "explanation" holds water. Do you?
Was commenting (by implication) on CNN’s lack of coverage for this aspect of the story… even handed reporting would have documented her ‘rebuttal’ too. IMHO.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Do you know anyone who's been 'investigated' by a Grand Jury who hasn't been prosecuted?
No. Do you? It's rare, but it does happen. That's why grand juries are only for indictments, not convictions.

I answered your question, now you answer mine.

What's that got to do with the question I posed to CO? You know, about whether the politically motivated prosecutions constituting prosecutorial misconduct pertain when the prosecution is the result of a grand jury. Do you have insight into that?

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT