ADVERTISEMENT

Country is spiraling

Your first graph shows Democrats had a worse rising homicide rate. Fail there.

Graph 2 and 3 are an indication of a few things, one of which I will address in point #3. For this point though, you do "well" on the graphs if you either A)have next to no one in your state to commit crime or B)have so many people in your state that the huge numbers of crimes being committed is covered up on a per capita basis because of that large population. There is also a bit of my last point at play here too.

You asked about the Mason Dixon line and why things look so bad in the south and the inconvenient truth is the percentage of the African American population us larger down there. If you took your 4th map and juxtaposed it to a map showing the percentage of African American citizens in an area, the high homicide areas have a direct correlation to the areas with higher concentrations of African Americans. (Which coincides with their homicide rates being astronomically higher than every other racial category in this country.)

Black2017.jpg

And yeah, yeah...how racist! I don't think you can address a problem without acknowledging it exists. The black community has a violence problem. That may be for a host of reasons but it is what it is.

You are not asking the right question. All you see is a large number of the black population. Those states are run by gop legislatures, mostly with a supermajority. Alabama, North Carolina, Tennesee, Florida South Carolina, Mississippi, and Louisiana, are poor in education and have no jobs or very low wages. They are states that want to go back to the 40s and 50s and hollow maga maga. They are not trying to fix the problems. They gerrymander districts to try and cut black representation but are quick to hollow high crime rates. What is the gop offering. We need better jobs, education, and housing. They are quick to say black-on-black crime but are not offering any solutions. They do not want to say racism plays a part in keeping an entire race of people down.

You are not asking the right question. All you see is a large number of the black population. Those states are run by gop legislatures, mostly with a supermajority. Alabama, North Carolina, Tennesee, Florida South Carolina, Mississippi, and Louisiana, are poor in education and have no jobs or very low wages.
What do you believe they could do to improve education? Specifically within the communities experiencing the most violence? I would argue that even if I take everything you said at face value, explain New York, Illinois, and California where the correlation I mentioned also exists. Are they not doing enough as well?
They are states that want to go back to the 40s and 50s and hollow maga maga. They are not trying to fix the problems. They gerrymander districts to try and cut black representation but are quick to hollow high crime rates. What is the gop offering. We need better jobs, education, and housing. They are quick to say black-on-black crime but are not offering any solutions. They do not want to say racism plays a part in keeping an entire race of people down.
Sticking specifically to violence, at a certain point people have to take responsibility for how they act. The community plays a part in behavior based on how bad behavior is treated by the community. Poverty exists everywhere in this country and it impacts every race. Poor people in Appalachia aren't blowing each other away in the same numbers. "Well it is because of proximity..." No, that isn't it either. The GOP can't force education on people that don't want it. It isn't valued by large swaths of the black community. The problem is at home and in the community, there is no human savior that is going to turn around that which the community at large does not want to turn around itself.

My solution? The community as a whole should get back to the socially conservative values it held from reconstruction to the point where Johnson launched his "Great Society" initiatives that led to the gutting of all of those things. The government will never be able to make you excel, all it can do is allow you to tread water. You want to win the race you gotta start swimming.

ETA: And that is true of every race, creed, and color. A hand out leaves you needing another and another. A hand up that is rejected leaves you on the ground. A hand up only works if you grasp hold and do some of your own lifing and then stand on your 2 feet. Anything less and you are falling back down.

Last edited:
What do you believe they could do to improve education? Specifically within the communities experiencing the most violence? I would argue that even if I take everything you said at face value, explain New York, Illinois, and California where the correlation I mentioned also exists. Are they not doing enough as well?

Sticking specifically to violence, at a certain point people have to take responsibility for how they act. The community plays a part in behavior based on how bad behavior is treated by the community. Poverty exists everywhere in this country and it impacts every race. Poor people in Appalachia aren't blowing each other away in the same numbers. "Well it is because of proximity..." No, that isn't it either. The GOP can't force education on people that don't want it. It isn't valued by large swaths of the black community. The problem is at home and in the community, there is no human savior that is going to turn around that which the community at large does not want to turn around itself.

My solution? The community as a whole should get back to the socially conservative values it held from reconstruction to the point where Johnson launched his "Great Society" initiatives that led to the gutting of all of those things. The government will never be able to make you excel, all it can do is allow you to tread water. You want to win the race you gotta start swimming.

ETA: And that is true of every race, creed, and color. A hand out leaves you needing another and another. A hand up that is rejected leaves you on the ground. A hand up only works if you grasp hold and do some of your own lifing and then stand on your 2 feet. Anything less and you are falling back down.
Very Well Said!

Asians are an example of a race that has succeeded despite major prejudice over time. They faced the same economic challenges it have long embraced hard work and education. They also have low out of wedlock birth rates and are known for parental strictness.

Asians are an example of a race that has succeeded despite major prejudice over time. They faced the same economic challenges it have long embraced hard work and education. They also have low out of wedlock birth rates and are known for parental strictness.
Yes, I don't think it is a big secret. Get your education, don't have kids until you are married, get married, pass those values on to your children. That isn't going to guarantee anyone becomes rich but it goes a long way towards self support and it also starts building support networks. The most successful people I come in contact with, of all colors, have generally followed the majority of that blueprint. Those who have slightly strayed from it usually had a harder road.

No guarantees in life but there are ways to put your thumb on the luck scale.

Yes, I don't think it is a big secret. Get your education, don't have kids until you are married, get married, pass those values on to your children. That isn't going to guarantee anyone becomes rich but it goes a long way towards self support and it also starts building support networks. The most successful people I come in contact with, of all colors, have generally followed the majority of that blueprint. Those who have slightly strayed from it usually had a harder road.

So obvious, but self-discipline is a rarity these days. The result of the 'If it feels good, do it' philosophy of the 60s and 70s.

How do children develop long-term thinking when the opposite is being advertised and glamorized?

I think it can be encouraged if drilled into them in elementary schools and having classes emphasizing it, showing real examples. But we don't want to judge anyone and their lifestyles, so it will never happen.

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23

lots of great points and poor blacks being violent is inexcusable. the rate of violent crime committed by blacks should not include finger pointing etc. it needs personal responsibility and accountability from the squad and lefties etc. but you'll never see that which is shameful.

that being said. and while dem policies are largely failures. these hood blacks. mercy. they have it so hard. it must seem insurmountable. so much harder than so many other groups. and i don't know the solution. is it pouring loads of money into the problem. reparations for a limited time. instead of ukraine or whatever a one time massive injection of cash. i really don't know.

where you're born. your peer group etc defines so much. the ivy league. we can condemn their woke bs but save the indoctrination the people you surround yourself with there, the friends you make, is probably more valuable than the education you receive. hell my whole crowd save a few are state educated. i have multiple business projects that i am involved with today. every one doesn't have a single bank or gov loan. they are all self-funded and friend-funded. some have raised millions. that opportunity is totally lost on large swaths of the black community. the paths are so much more challenging without peer groups, access to good education, and damnit just friends with dough.

so while i agree with all you write and while i'm very hard on the left and the black community it isn't to say that i don't recognize just how hard comparatively hard they have it

Reactions: manichi and DANC
You are not asking the right question. All you see is a large number of the black population. Those states are run by gop legislatures, mostly with a supermajority. Alabama, North Carolina, Tennesee, Florida South Carolina, Mississippi, and Louisiana, are poor in education and have no jobs or very low wages. They are states that want to go back to the 40s and 50s and hollow maga maga. They are not trying to fix the problems. They gerrymander districts to try and cut black representation but are quick to hollow high crime rates. What is the gop offering. We need better jobs, education, and housing. They are quick to say black-on-black crime but are not offering any solutions. They do not want to say racism plays a part in keeping an entire race of people down.
So black-on-black violence in the South in the 2000s is due to states wanting to go back to the 40s and 50s, and their GOP legislatures not doing enough to give black people better jobs, education, and housing now.

Were the black-on-black violence rates higher or lower in those states in the 40s and 50s? If lower, was that due to better jobs, education, and housing in that very racist past?

JDB, can you see why I have a hard time lumping Indians, Koreans, and Indonesians as all being in the same race which some call "Asians".

Doesn't doing this fail to recognize we are all special individuals with a free will to among other things determine our own values irrespective of where we were born ?

Reactions: BradStevens

Preach. I’ve been saying the same thing for years.You did miss stay married.

Good stuff and an easy to understand formula. It does require discipline and humbleness to execute.

lots of great points and poor blacks being violent is inexcusable. the rate of violent crime committed by blacks should not include finger pointing etc. it needs personal responsibility and accountability from the squad and lefties etc. but you'll never see that which is shameful.

that being said. and while dem policies are largely failures. these hood blacks. mercy. they have it so hard. it must seem insurmountable. so much harder than so many other groups. and i don't know the solution. is it pouring loads of money into the problem. reparations for a limited time. instead of ukraine or whatever a one time massive injection of cash. i really don't know.

where you're born. your peer group etc defines so much. the ivy league. we can condemn their woke bs but save the indoctrination the people you surround yourself with there, the friends you make, is probably more valuable than the education you receive. hell my whole crowd save a few are state educated. i have multiple business projects that i am involved with today. every one doesn't have a single bank or gov loan. they are all self-funded and friend-funded. some have raised millions. that opportunity is totally lost on large swaths of the black community. the paths are so much more challenging without peer groups, access to good education, and damnit just friends with dough.

so while i agree with all you write and while i'm very hard on the left and the black community it isn't to say that i don't recognize just how hard comparatively hard they have it

yup, well put. I feel like we're up against two insurmountable challenges. finding middle ground so that pro business/ pro investment policy and strict law enforcement can co-exist with social/ welfare programs that work and sensible criminal justice reform. but neither side seems very interested in threading that needle. and even if they did, who could stomach the short-term setbacks or painfully incremental successes? not our strong suit.

the human experience aside, I feel like it should also be an economic decision. I'd rather pay up front for a shot at reclaiming some neighborhoods and adding to the middle class than all the costs of dealing with it on the backend.

not sure how we convince people in one zip code that the wellbeing of their kids is actually tied to the wellbeing of kids in another zip code.

I agree with some of what you said, The community has to take responsibility, the Church, and parents but you do not want to take into account the things white people have done. You have to bring something to take the place of crime, Jobs, and education not moving to the suburbs. Taking funding away from public schools and giving it to charter schools. A poor tax base means poor services in the inner cities. Most of these kids have nothing to take the place of drugs, Drugs fuel the crime. Bring jobs in not just the low-wage ones like Burger KING. The Great Society affected white people more. Black mothers were not allowed to get help if the father was around, another plan by whites to get rid of black families. Black mothers now and are getting all the low-wage jobs. They have to work to get govt benefits and programs. You red-lined us to poor parts of town, poor and overcrowded housing. You discriminate against us from getting good jobs by hiring your nephews and sons because you want to hire people like you. You do not want to hire outside of your race. You claim merit hiring but you only hire people who look like you. I do not want a hand out but I need a hand up. White people have all the jobs, You want to keep things the same. Then blame black people for the way things are. You talk West Virginia the highest opioid disease in the nation. Poor people who love trump rather hurt themselves than help a black person.

yup, well put. I feel like we're up against two insurmountable challenges. finding middle ground so that pro business/ pro investment policy and strict law enforcement can co-exist with social/ welfare programs that work and sensible criminal justice reform. but neither side seems very interested in threading that needle. and even if they did, who could stomach the short-term setbacks or painfully incremental successes? not our strong suit.

the human experience aside, I feel like it should also be an economic decision. I'd rather pay up front for a shot at reclaiming some neighborhoods and adding to the middle class than all the costs of dealing with it on the backend.

not sure how we convince people in one zip code that the wellbeing of their kids is actually tied to the wellbeing of kids in another zip code.
Agreed on all fronts. As you know well the reaction to your last sentence is to move farther out. Away. Fck. wildwood

So black-on-black violence in the South in the 2000s is due to states wanting to go back to the 40s and 50s, and their GOP legislatures not doing enough to give black people better jobs, education, and housing now.

Were the black-on-black violence rates higher or lower in those states in the 40s and 50s? If lower, was that due to better jobs, education, and housing in that very racist past?

I do think post-industrialization is a part of it. one factory job could raise a family in the 40s and 50s. we started emphasizing degrees as we moved to a service economy. it got harder to be middle class.

NO white people were hanging them, and still no jobs or education. back of the bus, no jobs, You sir are a sad individual

I do think post-industrialization is a part of it. one factory job could raise a family in the 40s and 50s. we started emphasizing degrees as we moved to a service economy. it got harder to be middle class.
They discriminate against blacks. It's okay to work in the fields but not factory jobs.

exactly. move the fam to wentzville on a cul-de-sac named Windbreeze Estates*

* not judging. we have family in Safe Charles.
I see all sides of it. I was furious this past weekend. We were going to the wash u parade and the Fing thing was canceled bc of gang fights. It lasted 90 minutes. There’s only so much you can do with a 3 year old. I was ready to look for a farm in Franklin co. Ride atvs and raise alpacas

I see all sides of it. I was furious this past weekend. We were going to the wash u parade and the Fing thing was canceled bc of gang fights. It lasted 90 minutes. There’s only so much you can do with a 3 year old. I was ready to look for a farm in Franklin co. Ride atvs and raise alpacas

Do it, man. Far enough away that you're not by anyone, yet close enough that it doesn't take forever to get to town. You'll never go back to city life.

4 wheelers and go carts keep my kids entertained for hours in the summer.

Outside of the pool, it's the only way they aren't on some form of technology.

saw you mentioned that in another post. surreal and f*cking heart-breaking.

the only problem with country living is that if your neighbors start hating you, you are stuck with them forever. I crave anonymity. lol

Do it, man. Far enough away that you're not by anyone, yet close enough that it doesn't take forever to get to town. You'll never go back to city life.

4 wheelers and go carts keep my kids entertained for hours in the summer.

Outside of the pool, it's the only way they aren't on some form of technology.
Someday in the not too distant future I will spend time here. All are welcome. Getting there is a bit of a bitch though.

Your first graph shows Democrats had a worse rising homicide rate. Fail there.

Graph 2 and 3 are an indication of a few things, one of which I will address in point #3. For this point though, you do "well" on the graphs if you either A)have next to no one in your state to commit crime or B)have so many people in your state that the huge numbers of crimes being committed is covered up on a per capita basis because of that large population. There is also a bit of my last point at play here too.

You asked about the Mason Dixon line and why things look so bad in the south and the inconvenient truth is the percentage of the African American population us larger down there. If you took your 4th map and juxtaposed it to a map showing the percentage of African American citizens in an area, the high homicide areas have a direct correlation to the areas with higher concentrations of African Americans. (Which coincides with their homicide rates being astronomically higher than every other racial category in this country.)

Black2017.jpg

And yeah, yeah...how racist! I don't think you can address a problem without acknowledging it exists. The black community has a violence problem. That may be for a host of reasons but it is what it is.
No worries about the color thing, he too feels it’s important to distinguish color based on his need to point out that the cop he is allegedly banging is black…

Reactions: DANC
saw you mentioned that in another post. surreal and f*cking heart-breaking.

the only problem with country living is that if your neighbors start hating you, you are stuck with them forever. I crave anonymity. lol
oh yeah and the next day they were going to move their fights to the zoo. so on a sunday they had to close the saint louis zoo

• Wow

You might want to strap him to something large or make sure he'll let go of the rod when things go sideways. They're big in there!
Ok, I’m headed to this place this morning with the boy to reel in some giant carp, catfish, and anything else we can land.

Any good fried chicken in this area, by the way?

Ok, I’m headed to this place this morning with the boy to reel in some giant carp, catfish, and anything else we can land.

Any good fried chicken in this area, by the way?
Don't know about fried chicken, but I think they have fried catfish at the Inn there. If you go up 421, the Sportsman is just before you go into Monticello. Pretty decent food there and a nice atmosphere.

If you go south to Delphi, the Sandwich Shop there is pretty good - good menu. Again, not sure if they have fried chicken, but good breaded tenderloins.

You might not get rich, but at least you probably won't be poor. Now let me be pastoral. I know marriages sometimes don't work out for a variety of reasons. The Bible says in Malachi that God hates divorce. He doesn't hate divorced people. He hates what divorce causes which is a lot of turmoil. With this said I would add to your list to not just get married, but stay married. Poverty follows divorce in a lot of situations.

So is this the thread where we bitch about every single thing going on in the world and blame it on Dems? Looks like it.
As Tay Tay says:
I’ll tell you something right now.
I’d rather burn my whole life down.
Then listen to one more second of all this griping and moaning.
Proceed.
Bye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT