ADVERTISEMENT

Country is spiraling

Yeah! I know where I live we just had 3 teens ranging in age from 14-17 attack a woman on a city bus kicking her in the head.
This is the natural product of people raised by the government. The Great Society and LBG purposely targeted black communities. Canvassing, making it know there was $ to be had if they rid themselves of those meddlesome nuclear families.

The seeds of this destruction were sewn long ago I’m afraid. Modern day progressives are just an accelerant. It is a problem that can only be fixed over generations and unfortunately, not even Republicans have the stomach to do what’s needed to fix it.

And now they want government control of Pre-K, even more government control of college.

Guess what folks. Once government pays for your entire college, the next step is selecting your college. Or camp. Your education camp.

Progressives are truly demonic figures this is true. We live in a civilized society so we can’t very well send them to the gallows, or lock them all in prison.

Just enjoy the last few embers before they extinguish everything. All you can do.

Last edited:
Don’t forget pergola ideas and cougar hunting tips.
I’m thinking you might want a mid 20th century coastal French style pergola for the next Biden term .

a-bunker-on-the-island-of-texel-in-the-netherlands-image-credit-china-crisis-cc-by-sa-25-741x367.jpg

Don’t forget pergola ideas and cougar hunting tips.
Pergola ideas are fleeting. Cougar hunting is core to the board.
Visit a friend who lives in the Watson/McCord neighborhood just South of the Indiana Fairgrounds.

He loves his neighborhood. Is pleased crime is down.

Also is glad fairground's parking has increased space adjacent to the fair grounds so fair attendees don't end up parking in his neighborhood.

P.S. His home and neighborhood are really a pleasant place to visit. Also have friends from the suburbs who would be scared to death to visit the Watson/McCord neighborhood.
I'm not hanging out in someone's neighborhood adjacent to the fairground and never mentioned anything about those surrounding neighborhoods.

I just choose not to go deal with a mass of idiots and put myself and my wife in possibly bad situations within a fenced in area where I'm disarmed so I can eat an elephant ear and see farm animals that I grew up around.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't go down there for the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show either. Same reasons, the crowd, not the surrounding neighborhoods.

Reactions: 76-1

I'm not hanging out in someone's neighborhood adjacent to the fairground and never mentioned anything about those surrounding neighborhoods.

I just choose not to go deal with a mass of idiots and put myself and my wife in possibly bad situations within a fenced in area where I'm disarmed so I can eat an elephant ear and see farm animals that I grew up around.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't go down there for the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show either. Same reasons, the crowd, not the surrounding neighborhoods.
Hooky. Typical. Day. You armed? S & W 500?

And Biden barking about maga. Wash U has the oldest and largest run student carnival in the country. I went when I was a kid. It’s their thing. Supposed to be all weekend. Lasted 90 minutes. Forced to cancel the rest of the weekend. It’s just the ongoing garbage that piles up. Over it

Super Bowl parade? No. Beef. Shootings. Carnival? No widespread fights. Fears of shootings. No.

But maga
Bruh,
Just get yourself an electric guitar and a smoke machine. Everything will be fine:

This is the natural product of people raised by the government. The Great Society and LBG purposely targeted black communities. Canvassing, making it know there was $ to be had.

The seeds of this destruction were sewn long ago I’m afraid. Modern day progressives are just an accelerant. It is a problem that can only be fixed over generations and unfortunately, not even Republicans have the stomach to do what’s needed to fix it.
I don't think anyone knows how to fix it.

Reactions: larsIU and DANC
Visit a friend who lives in the Watson/McCord neighborhood just South of the Indiana Fairgrounds.

He loves his neighborhood. Is pleased crime is down.

Also is glad fairground's parking has increased space adjacent to the fair grounds so fair attendees don't end up parking in his neighborhood.

P.S. His home and neighborhood are really a pleasant place to visit. Also have friends from the suburbs who would be scared to death to visit the Watson/McCord neighborhood.

There was a time when those neighborhoods close to the fairgrounds were pretty rough. I wouldn't be concerned with any of them today. Most homes in that area are now 300-400k, been a lot of investment around there over last decade. Watson McCord is a nice little pocket of quality historic homes.

Reactions: larsIU and hoot1

You are such a Carmelite. lol

St.Louis is a city on life support. When the last restaurant is Panera and they decide to close, it’s over.

St. Louis is desperately trying to reverse its real estate “doom loop”—but the downtown is empty, with boarded up office towers, copper thieves and failing retail.
https://www.wsj.com/real-estate/commercial/doom-loop-st-louis-44505465?reflink=share_mobilewebshare
yep thank god the city is tiny. but half black and run by dems and now progressive dems all you can expect is doom. 2.3 million in the metro only 280,000 now live in the city. 75 years of democrats. sad. hit the amazing stadiums and the second the games are over get the hell out back to the burbs where all the new restaurants go, development etc. but what can you do. they continue to vote democrat and cut their noses off to spite their faces

i will say one positive is the winters are damn near nonexistent at this point. pretty great

I know Flora.

And Delphi, and Yeoman, Monticello......
What about Camden?

I have family that graduated from Delphi in the 90s and a couple of their kids in the last few years.

Monticello - Indiana Beach and that horrible under 21 club that everyone went to anyway.

Reactions: larsIU and DANC
What about Camden?

I have family that graduated from Delphi in the 90s and a couple of their kids in the last few years.

Monticello - Indiana Beach and that horrible under 21 club that everyone went to anyway.
Great Friday night fish fry - all you can eat - at the Camden diner. I don't recommend the breaded tenderloins, tho.

What about Camden?

And Brookston....

Not Camden though.
You do? I'm pretty sure we outlawed libs a long time ago. You must have gone in a disguise.
Family has a lake cottage up there (whole family, like cousins and shit) built back in the 30's on Freeman. I've raised hell in many a small town around there (though nothing really beats a late night at the Oakdale Inn)

And Brookston....

Not Camden though.

Family has a lake cottage up there (whole family, like cousins and shit) built back in the 30's on Freeman. I've raised hell in many a small town around there (though nothing really beats a late night at the Oakdale Inn)
We used to have a boat up there on Freeman. My friend played in a band at Indiana Beach the year the Who and Janice Joplin played there. The Crimson Fog - I'm sure you've heard of them. lol

My wife's family from Anderson and Ft. Wayne used to go up there and rent cabins. They have some great memories.

Believe it or not, I've never been to the Oakdale Inn ("Best bar by a dam site"), but love the Sportsman.

Last edited:
And Brookston....

Not Camden though.

@BradStevens wow wow wow. Carmel. Family has a lake cottage there. Slowly paints a picture doesn’t it

We used to have a boat up there on Freeman. My friend played in a band at Indiana Beach the year the Who and Janice Joplin played there. The Crimson Fog - I'm sure you've heard of them. lol

My wife's family from Anderson and Ft. Wayne used to go up there and rent cabins. They have some great memories.

Believe it or not, I've never been to the Oakdale Inn ("Best bar by a dam site"), but love the Sportsman.
yeah, the oakdale was within walking distance. Which was usually important.

yeah, the oakdale was within walking distance. Which was usually important.
I remember when the Pirate's Roost first opened. That was considered a fancy place.

I think they tore that building down and is some kind of resort now? Used to go skinny dipping off that pier. Good times.

Reactions: larsIU
Yeah. Lake Freeman too.. That's right there with Lake Geneva. Old money. Generational wealth

Fing hell. Wow.

****ing Lake Como is jealous. Clooney tried to buy land and we told him to **** off.

To be sure, my childhood was filled with me pickin up cigarette butts and beer can tabs for 1 cent apiece so I could walk to a bait shop that sold candy. Ahhhh the memories.

****ing Lake Como is jealous. Clooney tried to buy land and we told him to **** off.

To be sure, my childhood was filled with me pickin up cigarette butts and beer can tabs for 1 cent apiece so I could walk to a bait shop that sold candy. Ahhhh the memories.

My in-laws bought a lake cottage late last year so this will be the first year we get to use it. They bought it as a place for everyone to go whenever someone wants to get away and will be willed as like a community asset to my wife/me and her sister when they die to keep being used over the years.

I'm super excited that my kids will be able to have those memories instead of always being on an electronic device.

They're gonna be so lost at first. 🤣

My in-laws bought a lake cottage late last year so this will be the first year we get to use it. They bought it as a place for everyone to go whenever someone wants to get away and will be willed as like a community asset to my wife/me and her sister when they die to keep being used over the years.

I'm super excited that my kids will be able to have those memories instead of always being on an electronic device.

They're gonna be so lost at first. 🤣
It was brilliant. I'm not gonna lie.

I stopped going when i was in my 20's and haven't been back but about once every couple years.

It's where I learned how to lie, drink, play cards, play cards for money, play scrabble for money, play trivial pursuit for money, gamble, smoke w**d, you name it. Besides swimming, skiing, the normal shit.

And we're a big Catholic family. I have 32 first cousins. Just imagine. It was like a barracks.

It was brilliant. I'm not gonna lie.

I stopped going when i was in my 20's and haven't been back but about once every couple years.

It's where I learned how to lie, drink, play cards, play cards for money, play scrabble for money, play trivial pursuit for money, gamble, smoke w**d, you name it. Besides swimming, skiing, the normal shit.

And we're a big Catholic family. I have 32 first cousins. Just imagine. It was like a barracks.

That's awesome.

When we were up there moving in furniture earlier this spring, we saw some kids a few cabins down, so I'm hopeful my youngest will meet some new kids her age that she can play with this summer.

Being in the country, she doesn't get to play with kids unless a play date is set up or she's at school. This would be a game changer for her.

Better than Morse.

But not by much.
Used to live on Morse. You were taking your life into your hands every time you went out on that lake. Lots of idiots driving boats and the lake was always really rough on weekends and holidays.

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT