ADVERTISEMENT

Conservative privilege

I asked you question because the OP mentioned Harvard and I wanted to know what a normal democrat thought about the subject that going on campuses.

Dr Leonard told me tests show my heart is perfect. My blood pressure will now have to be controlled at least for a time with meds. And lastly at 65 I must do at least 30
Minutes a day walking briskly or other exercise or all things could change quickly.

Dr Leonard was amazing and calm. I am hyper and high stress all the time. I thought this stuff was going to kill me. By the time I left I felt like 1000 pounds had been lifted off my shoulders. He told me to come back in three months.

Thanks for asking.
Leonard is an excellent cardiologist and a lifelong friend

Reactions: Univee2
This. . . . . is weird.

I post about the benefits and privileges of being a conservative, and you respond with me claiming victim status?
I see tons of posts on here ranting and raving about how the world is going to hell, and then you claim that these same ranters and ravers are the happiest people around.

THAT is what is weird.

My second knee replacement is in four days. It’s the BOGO free deal as it’s the second one this year. (Thanks JDM, Twenty, Lars and McMurtry.) $41,000 to the guys.

Anyway, wrt blood flow. The worst part is the tourniquet at the top of your leg. They don’t tell you about that. But I believe the surgeon only has 30-35 minutes to complete the procedure; thus, the tourniquet. Several days later this was where I felt the greatest pain and the entire area near the tourniquet placement was black and blue for some time afterwards. “Wtf happened here, Doc?”

“Oh, that’s just where the tourniquet was. Didn’t we tell you about that?”

“Sure as fvck didn’t. Hurts like fvckin’ hell.”
Returned home a little bit ago. Didn’t use the tourniquet. Cauterized around the cutting area so little blood loss. Hoorah.

Also used a spinal block which apparently makes the recovery quicker/better. Also, and bigly negative, it inhibits your ability to pee for a while. Can’t feel a thing in your groin area. I was motoring well around the post-op area and up and down the steps. “You can leave once you can ‘stream a pee’; you’re doing super great getting around.”

Two-and-one-hours later could only produce a couple of drops. This was after drinking mass quantities of water and Pepsi in both PACU and post-op. “Gotta stream it, Bud.”

Finally succeed a little bit and the spinal starts to really lose its effectiveness as we’re heading home. Now I’m cramping, I have to go so bad. Get home and practically flood a toilet.

The moral here? Always have one of those plastic urinal deals in your car.

Returned home a little bit ago. Didn’t use the tourniquet. Cauterized around the cutting area so little blood loss. Hoorah.

Also used a spinal block which apparently makes the recovery quicker/better. Also, and bigly negative, it inhibits your ability to pee for a while. Can’t feel a thing in your groin area. I was motoring well around the post-op area and up and down the steps. “You can leave once you can ‘stream a pee’; you’re doing super great getting around.”

Two-and-one-hours later could only produce a couple of drops. This was after drinking mass quantities of water and Pepsi in both PACU and post-op. “Gotta stream it, Bud.”

Finally succeed a little bit and the spinal starts to really lose its effectiveness as we’re heading home. Now I’m cramping, I have to go so bad. Get home and practically flood a toilet.

Sometimes you have to wonder if you’re better off just saying “give me the remote, I’ll let you know when I can go”.

Leonard is an excellent cardiologist and a lifelong friend
First time I met him. He has great professional reputation as well as being a wonderful man. My clients/friends that got me through his front door have been friends with him a good while. I guess he comes over to Daviess County to hunt on some of their properties.

I thank the good lord I was able to see him.

First time I met him. He has great professional reputation as well as being a wonderful man. My clients/friends that got me through his front door have been friends with him a good while. I guess he comes over to Daviess County to hunt on some of their properties.

I thank the good lord I was able to see him.
He’s a straight shooter and a hard worker…I’m not surprised at all that a phone call from someone he respects got you in the door

Reactions: stollcpa
He’s a straight shooter and a hard worker…I’m not surprised at all that a phone call from someone he respects got you in the door
No, that doesn’t happen. Many aren’t taking new patients and if they do it takes a referral from another doc. Then if you get a referral you might die before you can get an appointment.

No, that doesn’t happen. Many aren’t taking new patients and if they do it takes a referral from another doc. Then if you get a referral you might die before you can get an appointment.
This is so true. Our HC system needs an overhaul

The whole "why aren't you understanding me old man" attitude. I usually have to count to ten and then walk around the neighborhood twice before engaging.
Have a limit put on her cell phone usage and her attitude will change after some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Reactions: larsIU
i'll share that i had a very sad moment the other day in regards to your daughter and her age vs mine. mine is in 7th grade. so i was at sbx and it was absolutely packed. i was in line and this girl asked me if i was waiting to order. i said i was and i asked her what she needed. she said her mobile order was supposed to be ready at 8:16 but she has to be at school at 8:15. she had on her school uniform. i go what are you a senior? who cares. you're on cruise control now. to my shock she goes "no i'm a sophomore." she looked like a college kid. the difference between a sophomore and my 7th grader was the difference between a woman adn a kid. i couldn't believe it
School uniform, you say? So did you try to hit it?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Congratulations on starting your day with this huge pile of garbage. If that’s what makes you happy to believe, then have at it.
Crypto Meme GIF by Crypto GIFs & Memes ::: Crypto Marketing

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: jet812 and DANC
My second knee replacement is in four days. It’s the BOGO free deal as it’s the second one this year. (Thanks JDM, Twenty, Lars and McMurtry.) $41,000 to the guys.

Anyway, wrt blood flow. The worst part is the tourniquet at the top of your leg. They don’t tell you about that. But I believe the surgeon only has 30-35 minutes to complete the procedure; thus, the tourniquet. Several days later this was where I felt the greatest pain and the entire area near the tourniquet placement was black and blue for some time afterwards. “Wtf happened here, Doc?”

“Oh, that’s just where the tourniquet was. Didn’t we tell you about that?”

“Sure as fvck didn’t. Hurts like fvckin’ hell.”
Hope your surgery went well.

I understand that fully. I just believe that Universities, of all places, should be a place of open discourse. No matter how vile. The fact that there are speech codes at all is laughable. Especially when they’re enforced selectively.
I would agree with you if it applies to everyone. But it doesn't. I know you think it should, but the world isn't perfect and if you tell me I think everyone of my race should be killed, that's a problem.

You're lucky you could pee. I couldn't after my hernia surgery early this year and had to have multiple catheters put in. I wouldn't wish that on Hickory (well, maybe I would.....).

Had to have the green laser surgery on my prostate. I'm like Niagara Falls now.

Reactions: Univee2
"Of course I want to have sex with sixteen year old girls. Everyone does. That's why we have laws. If we didn't want to do it, we wouldn't need the laws."

Can't remember who said that, but it was the funniest interview on Bob and Tom I ever heard.
I heard that - it was a LONG time ago. I don't remember the comedian, but pretty damn funny.

Depends on who is making the referral….respect still counts to some.

I’m glad you were able to get the care in a timely manner. As McM said…healthcare needs an overhaul

You're lucky you could pee. I couldn't after my hernia surgery early this year and had to have multiple catheters put in. I wouldn't wish that on Hickory (well, maybe I would.....).

Had to have the green laser surgery on my prostate. I'm like Niagara Falls now.
They did use a catheter in PACU as I was pretty full. Didn’t feel anything. And I was practically begging the male nurse not to do it, remembering how horrible it was when I was a kid and had some kidney issues. This time, absolutely nothing. Incredible.

The entire process added about 3 hours due to the spinal anesthesia slowing down the pee process. But not feeling the catheter? Glorious.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Hope your surgery went well.
Well, thank you. Not doing the tourniquet and general anesthesia this time was a much better deal. This leg is nowhere near as stiff, painful and swollen. Can walk really well without the two-week-prescribed walker.

Headed out to Glendale in a couple weeks for some workouts with Ohtani at the Dodgers training camp. He has a preference for me as their centerfielder next year. . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT