ADVERTISEMENT

Committee Hearings.

I'll bet cash money that at least one thing they will release and talk up will be police "opening" doors and "letting" the peaceful demonstrators in. Bank it.
If you were someone charged with parading and you were let in a door by an officer, walked around and took pictures, and then exited don't you think that type of video would be pertinent?

This was a coup is how this was sold. So dangerous that a capitol officer had to shoot and kill a protestor. At the very least, don't you think we should have a discussion about the protectors of the Capitol letting people committing a coup into the building unmolested?

If you were someone charged with parading and you were let in a door by an officer, walked around and took pictures, and then exited don't you think that type of video would be pertinent?

This was a coup is how this was sold. So dangerous that a capitol officer had to shoot and kill a protestor. At the very least, don't you think we should have a discussion about the protectors of the Capitol letting people committing a coup into the building unmolested?

Damn, you've got the talking points down solid, man. Is there a mailing list or something?

Damn, you've got the talking points down solid, man. Is there a mailing list or something?
No, and if there was it would get buried in the thousands of emails I get with some offer or another to purchase something for a really great deal.

Again I ask, what is so scary about all of the video being seen? Additionally, if police opened the door and rolled out the red carpet for people committing a coup (I don't think it was a coup but many, many people have used that language) then shouldn't we see that and shouldn't we have a discussion about security? That should have been part of the last Congressional hearing about what happened that day, but it was all about tar and feathering a certain politician. And maybe he deserved to be tarred and feathered and some of his supporters deserved to have the book thrown at them. That doesn't mean that the other items were kind of important too.

You talk about my talking points and yet here you are taking the side that the release of these videos is a bad thing (unless I misinterpret your opinion). If all the videos show is protestors/rioters behaving badly and Capitol Police being valiant heroes overwhelmed by a psychotic mob whipped into a frenzy by the Trumpenfuhrer then passing those videos to a guy like Tucker to find nothing is the best way to shut down all of the shit talking about that day isn't it? Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I know there will be video of Trumpers acting poorly and I know there is video of police saying come on in. I have already seen both. Anybody paying any attention whatsoever has seen those. What is everyone not happy about this video release so afraid of?

No, and if there was it would get buried in the thousands of emails I get with some offer or another to purchase something for a really great deal.

Again I ask, what is so scary about all of the video being seen? Additionally, if police opened the door and rolled out the red carpet for people committing a coup (I don't think it was a coup but many, many people have used that language) then shouldn't we see that and shouldn't we have a discussion about security? That should have been part of the last Congressional hearing about what happened that day, but it was all about tar and feathering a certain politician. And maybe he deserved to be tarred and feathered and some of his supporters deserved to have the book thrown at them. That doesn't mean that the other items were kind of important too.

You talk about my talking points and yet here you are taking the side that the release of these videos is a bad thing (unless I misinterpret your opinion). If all the videos show is protestors/rioters behaving badly and Capitol Police being valiant heroes overwhelmed by a psychotic mob whipped into a frenzy by the Trumpenfuhrer then passing those videos to a guy like Tucker to find nothing is the best way to shut down all of the shit talking about that day isn't it? Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I know there will be video of Trumpers acting poorly and I know there is video of police saying come on in. I have already seen both. Anybody paying any attention whatsoever has seen those. What is everyone not happy about this video release so afraid of?
All that talk of 'transparency' is just bullshit.

Dems have had the media spouting their narrative for over 2 years, while they control the source of real information - the actual videos. Now that that source is about to be exposed to everyone - and especially to someone who actually examine it - panic has set in.

You present reasonable discussion points and get snark in return - from a moderator, no less.. That ought to tell you everything you need to know about their state of mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
41k hours of tape and we've probably seen less than 1% of it. You know damn well the Dems and that sham committee would've released everything that makes Trump supporters look bad.

They don't need any help looking bad. Most of the country sees them for the dunces they are, red dunce caps and all.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Sadly a lot more domestic terrorists didn't get the Babbit / Darwin award.

It's the same gamesmanship played by Democrats all the time.

You just don't understand it when Republicans do it.

So it has nothing to do with transparency.... just gamesmanship. So Tucker's crew will comb through 41k hours and then show about 2 mins on his propaganda program just to further inflame the dunce class

Reactions: UncleMark
George Floyd did. A man with numerous felonies on his record (unlike Babbit who had none and was a veteran) and who had like 4x the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and had just previously put a gun to pregnant woman and demanded money for drugs from her. But that's different I suppose...

Disagree. After the Summer of Love, if the government had opened fire on those folks I think you would have had a real deal insurrection on your hands. Not just a bunch of middle aged people throwing a destructive hissy fit.

So it has nothing to do with transparency.... just gamesmanship. So Tucker's crew will comb through 41k hours and then show about 2 mins on his propaganda program just to further inflame the dunce class
That's how it's been done for 2 years. What's the big deal now?

The only problem I see is that the information is being released to only one outlet.
IMO everything should be released to any and all outlets simultaneously.
It will all get out eventually. McCarthy is just showing he can play the game, too.

It will all get out eventually. McCarthy is just showing he can play the game, too.

So far all McCarthy has shown is that he can play games. Usually to keep the crazies fed.

The day will come soon when he'll have to actually show a spine. I don't have high hopes.

All that talk of 'transparency' is just bullshit.

Dems have had the media spouting their narrative for over 2 years, while they control the source of real information - the actual videos. Now that that source is about to be exposed to everyone - and especially to someone who actually examine it - panic has set in.

You present reasonable discussion points and get snark in return - from a moderator, no less.. That ought to tell you everything you need to know about their state of mind.
Do not. Let them. Breathe!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Do not. Let them. Breathe!!!
In his letter to Abigail Adams on this date in 1787, Jefferson wrote the following:

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere."

In his letter to Abigail Adams on this date in 1787, Jefferson wrote the following:

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere."

They can’t survive a DANC Storm!

Committee hearings should be am honest impartial attempt to gather information in order to prepare legislation.

Unfortunately, the hearings can become an attempt by the majority party to embarrass political opponents.

Questions to witnesses often are more designed to send political messages to the voters back home
rather than to gain information.

Given this, witnesses with vital information are increasingly less likely to appear before committees.

A history making event such as the Watergate Hearings simply couldn't happen these days. Chalk up another reason why the public no longer holds Congress in high regard.

Not much will change about what we do know. Some of the people acted irresponsibly that day. Criminally so. Then again, you can take a snapshot of an event where someone is acting poorly and use that snapshot to sell a story.

For instance, Rodney King gets pulled over for acting poorly. High on drugs, resisting arrest. If you stopped the video or edited as such to take out the part where the four officers were beating the shit out of him...well, you are kind of missing a big part of the story.

There may be nothing in those 40,000 hours of tapes. Then again there may be things like police opening the doors and welcoming people into the Capitol who were later charged with parading. We might see police escalation against people who were caught in a crowd and not necessarily acting violently towards the officers. What we have now is the black and white version of events. Trumpers bad. Government heroes. How often is life that simplistic though? The government seems to be awfully intent on controlling the evidence and therefore the narrative around that day. That leads me to believe there is probably going to be some things inconvenient to that narrative in those videos. That wouldn't change the fact that some portion of the protestors that day turned into rioters, but it may change our views on the various involved government agencies and their potential culpability that day.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't fear sunlight. Who cares if Tucker gets to look through the tapes and air what he finds? There shouldn't be anything left to find after the completely impartial investigation and hearings performed by Congress. Those are our tapes, that is our building, and the government is our employees. If all the tapes show is Trumpers acting bad, then the release of the tapes should put the arguments about that day mostly to rest.
Oh you can’t believe that. The Trumper conspiracy theories will never be put to rest. No matter what they see. No matter what they hear. And Tucker will do his usual spin ( lie) I’m sure.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Why would Carlson be given the exclusive, rather than doing a dump for all to see?
How many of the "all" pursued a "see" while the House committee was playing politics with it?

"All" had their chance. Now they just want to do "damage control" for their political friends.

SHOW. IT. ALL.

LIVE on CBS, ABC, NBC and PBS - if they dare. Otherwise, take their commercial time and run it against their will. The airwaves belong to the PEOPLE.

STREAMED IT on cable and satellite.

Bring in committee members and subject them to cross examination UNDER OATH while the video's play.

Make them - once and for all - a living example of what SHOULD happen to public servants who abuse power.

Give the House nothing to do and they'll hold one-sided hearings about White House china place settings, and most media will lap it up..

Screw them.

SHOW IT ALL.

Let the whores be shown as whores. (And then watch them normalize whores - "just sex workers - they oughta have clubs on school property in high school! Empty out the Fellowship of Christian Athletes room and LET THE HO's eat cakes!"

Oh you can’t believe that. The Trumper conspiracy theories will never be put to rest. No matter what they see. No matter what they hear. And Tucker will do his usual spin ( lie) I’m sure.
You will always have some level of cranks. The more open you are with information, the less room there is for the cranks to exist in.

Reactions: Spartans9312
The video is going to prove the sham committee used only what they wanted to deceive the American people again. That's why they're pulling their hair out now. Should be fun.

Meanwhile, Sleepy Joe is taking us into war and the left is silent. Are all you leftists offering up your children and grandchildren to fight Joe's war?

Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier
Bring in committee members and subject them to cross examination UNDER OATH while the video's play.

Exactly, treat them just like the members who refused to testify about their 1/6 phone calls to Trump.

Get rid of all the lying hypocrites on both sides of the aisle.

Then rent out the empty space.

Reactions: DANC
Not much will change about what we do know. Some of the people acted irresponsibly that day. Criminally so. Then again, you can take a snapshot of an event where someone is acting poorly and use that snapshot to sell a story.

For instance, Rodney King gets pulled over for acting poorly. High on drugs, resisting arrest. If you stopped the video or edited as such to take out the part where the four officers were beating the shit out of him...well, you are kind of missing a big part of the story.

There may be nothing in those 40,000 hours of tapes. Then again there may be things like police opening the doors and welcoming people into the Capitol who were later charged with parading. We might see police escalation against people who were caught in a crowd and not necessarily acting violently towards the officers. What we have now is the black and white version of events. Trumpers bad. Government heroes. How often is life that simplistic though? The government seems to be awfully intent on controlling the evidence and therefore the narrative around that day. That leads me to believe there is probably going to be some things inconvenient to that narrative in those videos. That wouldn't change the fact that some portion of the protestors that day turned into rioters, but it may change our views on the various involved government agencies and their potential culpability that day.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't fear sunlight. Who cares if Tucker gets to look through the tapes and air what he finds? There shouldn't be anything left to find after the completely impartial investigation and hearings performed by Congress. Those are our tapes, that is our building, and the government is our employees. If all the tapes show is Trumpers acting bad, then the release of the tapes should put the arguments about that day mostly to rest.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t care a bit about the video being released. I just think that those that think they might reveal something that exonerates anyone that’s been prosecuted is fooling themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing and DANC
Trump is calling Fox News the RINO network now.

How many allies and Republicans can the man throw under the bus?

This is interesting too, and probably started Trump on the path of denouncing Fox News:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT