Climate change skeptics poll

My worldview of climate change is…..

• Climate change is fake

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Climate change is real, but not significantly influenced by man

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Climate change is real and significantly influenced by man, but we’ll adapt

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • CC is real, significantly influenced by man, and we won’t adapt, but let Jesus take the wheel

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Climate change is real but overblown

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
Heat index at Persian Gulf International Airport hits 66.7 CELSIUS...that's 152 DEG. F

• Sad
Reactions: outside shooter
If your city used to have ten 95+ degree days and now has fifty, then marking you down as "no change!" isn't reflecting reality.

It is likely less important to know how many cities have had any 95+ degree days than it is to know the total number of 95+ degree days for all cities, combined.

Why do you think that data point is important to the issue?

I’m assuming that Heller’s data is at least accurate for the purposes of discussion.
I would also ask whether the temperature stations used in creating the graph are reflective of the U.S. as a whole, and how has the distribution of those temperature stations changed since 1931. For example, if there were no temperature stations in Alaska, northern Minnesota, Maine, etc. back in 1931, but now there are significantly more in those locations, well that would make the data being reported completely useless. In fact, I am certain that the number and location of the temperature stations has not remained static over the years in question.

Of course we can make this a whole lot easier - anyone suggesting the U.S. is not considerably warmer than it was in 1931 is off their rocker.

3b1ea3-20210421-30-year-u-s-temperature-normals-since-1960-1907.png

Why do you think that data point is important to the issue?

I’m assuming that Heller’s data is at least accurate for the purposes of discussion.
It means little to nothing. The same as the other data points sprinkled throughout the thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
This month will likely go down as the hottest month globally since the advent of the thermometer and widespread reporting/recording of temperatures.

South Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico water temps are at record high levels.

Vegas recently tied its all-time high temperature ever recorded (117 degrees). Phoenix has had 25 straight days of daytime highs at 110 degrees or higher. People there are ending up in burn units after tripping and falling on 180 degree asphalt. It's unlikely outdoor work in the summer months will be feasible in the southwest within the next 20 years, and living in those areas in the summer will be increasingly difficult and dangerous.

Wildfires are increasing in frequency and coverage.

Nothing to see here, though.

This month will likely go down as the hottest month globally since the advent of the thermometer and widespread reporting/recording of temperatures.

Vegas recently tied its all-time high temperature ever recorded (117 degrees). Phoenix has had 25 straight days of daytime highs at 110 degrees or higher. People there are ending up in burn units after tripping and falling on 180 degree asphalt. It's unlikely outdoor work in the summer months will be feasible in the southwest within the next 20 years, and living in those areas in the summer will be increasingly difficult and dangerous.

Considering the thermometer is less than 400 years old and the earth is 4.5 billion years old, I wouldn’t be that concerned.

This debate is as dumb as a flat earther or creationism debate, but has more serious negative consequences.

Considering the thermometer is less than 400 years old and the earth is 4.5 billion years old, I wouldn’t be that concerned.
Yeah, and geology doesn't even exist. There's no way at all to tell about climates before Amonton's invention in 1699. No ice cores, no way to measure CO2 levels, other gas levels, vegetation growth rings, amber. Nothing. We're just in the dark! Well, you are...

Yeah we seem to have an issue with the concept of an exponential growth curve on this topic.

Meaning warnings were made when global temperatures varied by a half of a degree, now we're talking about 2 to 3 degrees (again all encompassing, meaning the edges are much more aggressive like how the ocean surface temperature in south Florida hit over 100 degrees for the first time).

Basically folks when it gets going it gets going.

What's next, 18 degree change?

Reactions: Bowlmania
Scroll down to the 2nd graph from Heller.

Is there anyone other than Heller that confirms his stuff?

Ya see when we think about this topic it's presented as a point/counterpoint, as if the consensus is that there are as many scientific deniers as there are believers

When the actual balance is something like 98 believers vs 2 deniers.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
This debate is as dumb as a flat earther or creationism debate, but has more serious negative consequences.
It’s warmer, the creeks and rivers carry more water.

Do you live on a paved road?

Is your driveway paved?

Does the farmer have tile in his field?

We create more heat and more runoff.

What are we all as individuals doing?

My guess is blaming someone else.

Yeah, and geology doesn't even exist. There's no way at all to tell about climates before Amonton's invention in 1699. No ice cores, no way to measure CO2 levels, other gas levels, vegetation growth rings, amber. Nothing. We're just in the dark! Well, you are...
In that case when does the world? Please tell me more?

Last edited:
in other non-cheery news....

Study suggests that the prevailing Gulf Stream Ocean current could collapse in upcoming decades, prompting major climate disruptions

Last edited:
Much of Florida is quite beautiful and is a great place to live , especially September-June. Or October-May if you're a bit of a wimp. Coming to FL in July and August is like going to Minnesota in January though.

I live 8 miles from the Atlantic so our temperatures are generally buffered by ocean waters and summer highs have rarely exceeded 92 degrees in the 18 years I have lived here. Things seems to be changing, though, with the ocean temps now approaching 90 degrees, the temperature buffering effect is fading. Several 93-95 degree days this summer.

Still a paradise. I was just telling the wife we need a northern summer home for July & August after we retire in 2030. She's thinking upkeep would be a mess and we can just do an air bnb whenever.

Well, the annual growth in Antarctic sea ice in 2023 so far is experiencing a major shortfall - data show it’s so far from the expected average that climate scientists are calling it a “six sigma event”. If you drew out a bell curve for the average ice area in Antarctica, this would be six standard deviations from the average, representing that it’s only a one-in-a-billion chance it’s random.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT