ADVERTISEMENT

cities bracing for black unrest this weekend.

I think he committed a crime as much as the cops who beat Trye. Both showed blatant disregard for the welfare of another human being.

But I'm not a lawyer, so I don't pretend to understand the 'nuance' - aka shyster lawyer argument - of the case.
You're clueless. You have no concept of the use of deadly force by law enforcement and when it's justified.

Agree. He was a coward. And a personalized warning is required. You can't just shoot the first guy or girl in line.
Of course they (law enforcement) can shoot "the first guy or girl in line" if deadly force is otherwise justified.

And "a personalized warning?" Are you serious? This wasn't a library. It was loud. It was an effing out-of-control riot, with glass breaking and rioters yelling and breaching a secured area of a federal building with Congress in session. A verbal warning was hardly feasible.

Progressives killed Tyre Nichols in a couple respects.

I think we can all agree these five idiot thugs never should have made it through the academy and wouldn’t have under a meritocracy. However, progressives insistence that police force demographics match community demographics and the inherent drop in candidate quantity and quality that comes from progressives labeling police as systemically racist, jackboots run amok brought us here. To a point where these morons are welcomed onto the force.

You throw in the baseline affirmative action that permeates the private and public sector throughout all of society and it’s almost too much.

Own it progressives, this death is on you.

Last edited:

I think we can all agree these five idiot thugs never should have made it through the academy and wouldn’t have under a meritocracy. However, progressives insistence that police force demographics match community demographics and the inherent drop in candidate quantity and quality that comes from progressives labeling police as systemically racist, jackboots run amok brought us here. To a point where these morons are welcomed onto the force.

Doctor, doctor!

We've identified identity #237.

Also, troll better. This is beneath your supposed standards.

giphy.gif

Agree. He was a coward. And a personalized warning is required. You can't just shoot the first guy or girl in line.
Disagree. A coward would have run. He stood his ground and did his job in the face of a mob trying to break through. He was receiving reports of officers down, attacked with chemical agents, etc.

And he did warn her.

www.nbcnews.com

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt speaks after months in hiding: ‘I saved countless lives’

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Lt. Michael Byrd said he opened fire only as a “last resort” after the rioters failed to comply with his commands.
www.nbcnews.com
www.nbcnews.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I never claimed the officer committed a crime. I don’t think he did. I have only argued that he did not follow proper use of deadly force protocols.

FWIW, I think this cop‘s conduct is closer to criminal conduct than the cop’s conduct who shot Michael Brown; Obama’s DOJ, the media, and the public went batshit crazy over that one. The nut jobs destroyed the cop’s career and life. It spawned BLM. What’s worse, it began the era of police disrespect, and is directly related to short staffing and lower standards. Then along comes Memphis.

What a country.
I think you were arguing he would have been charged with a crime but for politics. See your posts at #200, 212, and 280. The others, read in light of those, support this reading.

Here is your post #200:

"It was nowhere close to a good shoot. The only reason the cop got a pass is because she was breaking in on behalf of Trump and it was the Capitol. The same situation at a meeting of a board of county commissioners and the victim there on behalf of BLM, the cop goes to jail for a long time. Yet the identical considerations would apply.

We all should be sick and tired of the arrogance of the federal government and the monarchial status we bestow on it."

Here is your post #212:

"I expected the cop to act like a professional in the use of deadly force. I don’t think he did. I used BLM as an example because the identical circumstances in a different political situation and the cop goes to jail, IMO. This cop getting a pass is all about politics, not about whether his decision to kill the rioter at that time and place was justified.

Im old enough to remember when left wing rioters barricaded the exit doors to a federal courthouse with concrete and then tried to burn the building. When the feds took some rioters into custody without trying to kill them, Nancy Pelosi called the cops “stormtroopers.“. Politics is everything and it’s sickening."

I'm glad we are on the same page, though, that this cop did NOT commit a crime. And I'm sure we agree that the Memphis cops certainly did commit a crime. So going back the comparison point at the beginning of all this, maybe we can now all agree it is a silly comparison to make.

(I don't recall the details of the Michael Brown shooting.)

You view everything through a hyper-partisan lens. That's why you felt compelled to take a shot at Obama in a thread that has nothing to do with Obama. That's why you can't understand that deadly force was warranted in the Babbitt shooting (Trump and far-right Republicans have made her a martyr). That's why you have no credibility and are typically full of shit.

"[US Capitol Police's] Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) determined the officer’s conduct was lawful and within Department policy, which says an officer may use deadly force only when the officer reasonably believes that action is in the defense of human life, including the officer’s own life, or in the defense of any person in immediate danger of serious physical injury."

"The actions of the officer [in the January 6 officer-involved shooting] potentially saved Members [of the House] and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters who forced their way into the U.S. Capitol and to the House Chamber where Members and staff were steps away. USCP Officers had barricaded the Speaker’s Lobby with furniture before a rioter shattered the glass door. If the doors were breached, the rioters would have immediate access to the House Chambers.
The officer’s actions were consistent with the officer’s training and USCP policies and procedures."

Utter nonsense. The use of deadly force was justified in the Babbitt shooting. The fact that no other cop discharged a firearm is of no consequence with respect to the Babbitt shooting. It speaks to the impressive collective restraint of law enforcement that day, as video evidence strongly suggests that deadly force would have been justified in other instances.
Telling someone else they view things through a hyper partisan lens. LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
Back it up, loser. Direct me to what you consider to be my hyperpartisan posts.
So right a way call me loser. LOL. You aren't any kind of winner but a typical liberal, if you don't think you are a partisan lib and understand the massive hypocrisy of your post I can't help you.

Disagree. A coward would have run. He stood his ground and did his job in the face of a mob trying to break through. He was receiving reports of officers down, attacked with chemical agents, etc.

And he did warn her.

www.nbcnews.com

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt speaks after months in hiding: ‘I saved countless lives’

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Lt. Michael Byrd said he opened fire only as a “last resort” after the rioters failed to comply with his commands.
www.nbcnews.com
www.nbcnews.com
I think the cop is lying. Look at the video. At the same time Byrd kills Babbitt because he thinks “countless“ lives are in danger, some dude is walking areound in the same hallway as if nothing is happening. Moreover, uniformed cops in protective gear, and armed with some kind of rifles are at Babette’s side in 1-2 seconds. They were there the whole time. Another guy in a suit does not appear to be a rioter is there immediately. Byrd was trigger happy.

And he did warn her.

www.nbcnews.com

www.nbcnews.com
www.nbcnews.com
In the videos of the incident, there are no warnings heard.

Of course he's going to say that.

I think the cop is lying. Look at the video. At the same time Byrd kills Babbitt because he thinks “countless“ lives are in danger, some dude is walking areound in the same hallway as if nothing is happening. Moreover, uniformed cops in protective gear, and armed with some kind of rifles are at Babette’s side in 1-2 seconds. They were there the whole time. Another guy in a suit does not appear to be a rioter is there immediately. Byrd was trigger happy.
Exactly. It's amazing how people can ignore actual video of the incident.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I think we are viewing the mob/rioters in fundamentally different ways. I think you are displaying hindsight bias because it is true, the rioters when they reached the chambers didn’t hurt anyone there.

But in the moment, if you are that cop barricaded in that hallway (other cops helped so they must have thought these people were dangerous, too, right?) hearing what he heard coming in about the breach, cops being hurt, etc. you could not make that assumption or have such prescience.

So right a way call me loser. LOL. You aren't any kind of winner but a typical liberal, if you don't think you are a partisan lib and understand the massive hypocrisy of your post I can't help you.
I didn't "right a way" call you a loser. I did it after watching you do nothing but pick fights and post drivel for the past several years.

And in this instance, as always, you've got nothing to support your bullshit claim.

• Haha
I think we are viewing the mob/rioters in fundamentally different ways. I think you are displaying hindsight bias because it is true, the rioters when they reached the chambers didn’t hurt anyone there.

But in the moment, if you are that cop barricaded in that hallway (other cops helped so they must have thought these people were dangerous, too, right?) hearing what he heard coming in about the breach, cops being hurt, etc. you could not make that assumption or have such prescience.
Cops are supposed to be trained to think clearly in chaotic situations. Clearly, he did not.

I didn't "right a way" call you a loser. I did it after watching you do nothing but pick fights and post drivel for the past several years.

And in this instance, as always, you've got nothing to support your bullshit claim.
Testy tonight I see. I love it! Take a long look in the mirror at yourself and get back to me!

Cops are supposed to be trained to think clearly in chaotic situations. Clearly, he did not.
I thought he looked in control (from what we can see from the video).

And he shot one time. It's not like he panicked and emptied his clip into her.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
"People" isn't the policeman.

If people around her obviously saw it, why wouldn't she?

With her service record, she surely knew that if a officer had his gun drawn, he was prepared to use it, no?

I thought he looked in control (from what we can see from the video).

And he shot one time. It's not like he panicked and emptied his clip into her.
If people around her obviously saw it, why wouldn't she?

With her service record, she surely knew that if a officer had his gun drawn, he was prepared to use it, no?
I don't know. It's not the "peoples" obligation to give a warning - it's the cops. He didn't do it.

I don't know why you would defend someone who gunned down an unarmed woman when there were 2 armed policemen on her side of the wall who were obviously in no fear of their lives.

As far as being in control, he obviously was not. You could say the cops were in control in Memphis - it didn't keep them from killing the guy.

I don't know. It's not the "peoples" obligation to give a warning - it's the cops. He didn't do it.

I don't know why you would defend someone who gunned down an unarmed woman when there were 2 armed policemen on her side of the wall who were obviously in no fear of their lives.

As far as being in control, he obviously was not. You could say the cops were in control in Memphis - it didn't keep them from killing the guy.
You're again showing your ignorance with respect to the justifiable use of deadly force.

the Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt tells NBC News that he ordered the fanatical Donald Trump supporter to stop advancing before he fired the fatal shot.

“I had been yelling and screaming ‘Please stop, get back, get back, stop.’”

The officer’s statement matches the account of a fellow member of the pro-Trump mob, Thomas Baranyi, who caught Babbitt as she fell back. Baranyi, who still had Babbitt’s blood on his hand when he spoke to a local news crew outside the Capitol minutes later, said that “a number of police and Secret Service were saying, ‘Get back, get down, get out of the way.’ She didn’t heed the call.

Further evidence that Byrd’s warning was clear to those around Babbitt comes from graphic video of the shooting posted on Twitter less than 40 minutes after the event by another witness. Those images clearly show that Baranyi, who was wearing a backward blue Trump cap and standing close to Babbitt, raised his hand and nodded in Byrd’s direction to signal his compliance with the command to stay back. Three seconds later, Babbitt climbed into the window to cross the barricade and was shot.

You throw in the baseline affirmative action that permeates the private and public sector throughout all of society and it’s almost too much.

Postmodern identity politics rots the brain: “Now look at it. The US media has the lowest credibility - 26 percent - of 46 nations, according to a 2022 study by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism. And “moral clarity” journalists seem intent on driving it even lower”

Postmodern identity politics rots the brain: “Now look at it. The US media has the lowest credibility - 26 percent - of 46 nations, according to a 2022 study by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism. And “moral clarity” journalists seem intent on driving it even lower”
And yet, people are literally risking their lives to come here.

Exactly. Shoot first and ask questions later?

I’ve never heard of cops killing those in front as a means to control a mob.
Well you wouldn’t have. You know why? Because no one was stupid enough to attack Congress WHILE IT WAS IN SESSION. Their number one job was to protect Congress. You really think they should have just stood aside and let the mob attack them? What do you think would have happened if they’d just let them in? Don’t be obtuse.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57

Oh that’s a pretty great spin there! Worthy of Tucker. Or did you hear it there first?

But they didn’t hurt anyone because members of Congress literally ran to another area. I don’t believe we had anyone actually come in contact with the mob, did we? Who knows how they would have reacted?

• Haha
But they didn’t hurt anyone because members of Congress literally ran to another area. I don’t believe we had anyone actually come in contact with the mob, did we? Who knows how they would have reacted?
I don’t know the answers to those questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT