ADVERTISEMENT

Chance Nolan

Rivals had him as a 4* dual threat QB. The clips I watched show a good arm and looks like decent mobility. I'd like to see more clips of him making plays with his legs if they exist??
I agree. Early in his recruitment he was considered a “Pro Style” QB with good mobility, at least that is what I have read coming out HS. We had better provide some pocket presence from the OL of more than 2 seconds. Not sure if he is true dual threat. May be wrong. That’s my hedge.

I agree. Early in his recruitment he was considered a “Pro Style” QB with good mobility, at least that is what I have read coming out HS. We had better provide some pocket presence from the OL of more than 2 seconds. Not sure if he is true dual threat. May be wrong. That’s my hedge.
You can bet Bostad will have the OL providing protection and very good run blocking which will slow down the pass rush.

If he commits, how much eligibility does he have left?
It looks like he has one year left but with his injury and COVID rules who really knows at this point. If the NCAA doesn't provide him with another year due to injury, then only the COVID year could be in play. I hope he commits to IU in time for Spring Practice.

Reactions: IU73
You can bet Bostad will have the OL providing protection and very good run blocking which will slow down the pass rush.
Agree on Bostad. Everything starts with the OL.
-protects the QB, less chance of injury, time to throw.(Penix at UW)
-opens holes for running backs (Henderson/Lucas)
-less 3 and outs, helps the defense with less time on the field.

Allens defense will be much better with a good OL.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
An even halfway decent line makes a world of difference. I’m not over the moon, but he doesn’t look worse than Baz. Hopefully he doesn’t get PTSD like Baz had.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk30
Lets pump the break on Bostad being the answer to all that ails IU...
I dislike hiller immensely, but Bostad hasn't proven anything yet.
Amen to that brother.
The last guy that got this much hype coming into a situation was a gentleman by the name of Jesus Christ, and that dude turned out to be the real deal!

Reactions: td75
He is dual threat. He runs really nice. Not like Ramsey,but runs more like a wide receiver with a long gate. Real athletic looking

Lets pump the break on Bostad being the answer to all that ails IU...
I dislike hiller immensely, but Bostad hasn't proven anything yet.
Neither our scheme nor the players up front will look anything like what BB had at Wisconsin. He coached guys who went into a S&C program that was geared toward a different result than ours, and they were a power running attack. We run a tempo spread that doesn’t really utilize a TE and features wider splits and lighter linemen. Great to have a proven Coach up there, but the proclamations of greatness when most didn’t even know who he was until a couple of weeks ago are more than a little premature.

Last edited:
We were also 14 points ahead of PU without a pass thrown ready to score again until Williams was injured. I hope IU takes a serious look at the field and shoes they wear to see why so many major injuries happen IE Knees, ACL, etc.
This isn’t accurate. We were ahead 7-3 at the half and then gave it up for good early in the third quarter. We scored very late to narrow the final margin to 14.

We were also 14 points ahead of PU without a pass thrown ready to score again until Williams was injured. I hope IU takes a serious look at the field and shoes they wear to see why so many major injuries happen IE Knees, ACL, etc.
Talking about a likely IU win in that game upsets them almost as much as saying IU would likely have won the 2020 game if played.

Well that…and Allen’s defense looked awful again against Purdoo and this time, that stupid built-in excuse of running too fast an offense didn’t fly in that game. His defense just stunk, like it did for most of the year under him.

Well that…and Allen’s defense looked awful again against Purdoo and this time, that stupid built-in excuse of running too fast an offense didn’t fly in that game. His defense just stunk, like it did for most of the year under him.
Don’t want to sound like I am making excuses but we did have a safety playing linebacker and a true freshman. True we were not good on defense last year.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Well that, and we weren’t up 14 points. We were up four at the half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT