ADVERTISEMENT

Bloom

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
what are your thoughts on the Siakam trade? I know I'm on the wrong board, but I never see you on the basketball board. I know you follow the Pacers just interested to get your opinion.

Since bloom won't answer, as long as they can sign him long term it's fine. Otherwise the Pacers got fleeced.
what happened to bloom? wasn't he a top Aau girls coach or something in the past? he seemed to have good feel on the pacers roster and seemed pretty knowledgeable a couple of years ago, never see him on the basketball board anymore. thought I was looking around here 1 day, and he was a moderator or something talking politics. is he like Dackich left the sports world and moved into politics?

what happened to bloom? wasn't he a top Aau girls coach or something in the past? he seemed to have good feel on the pacers roster and seemed pretty knowledgeable a couple of years ago, never see him on the basketball board anymore. thought I was looking around here 1 day, and he was a moderator or something talking politics. is he like Dackich left the sports world and moved into politics?
If they sign Siakam I guess the feeling is the Pacers draft picks would be pretty high numbers (>25th) so losing the 3 isn't a killer. Plus draft picks don't mean as much in the NBA.

If they can sign him long term.

I think the upcoming All star weekend in Indy is going to be Halliburton making a case to any and everybody to come to Indy and team up. He seems to be a pretty decent salesman so far.

If they sign Siakam I guess the feeling is the Pacers draft picks would be pretty high numbers (>25th) so losing the 3 isn't a killer. Plus draft picks don't mean as much in the NBA.

If they can sign him long term.

I think the upcoming All star weekend in Indy is going to be Halliburton making a case to any and everybody to come to Indy and team up. He seems to be a pretty decent salesman so far.
from what I've read re-signing is pretty much a done deal or the pacers wouldn't have made the trade. guess he could always back out of a verbal agreement, but I don't think he's a republican.

from what I've read re-signing is pretty much a done deal or the pacers wouldn't have made the trade. guess he could always back out of a verbal agreement, but I don't think he's a republican.
This is from a few days ago, so things might've changed now that he's officially a Pacer, but this SI article has his agent saying that he's not going to give any team a verbal commitment to resign and that he'll test free agency:

Because Siakam apparently would prefer staying in Toronto, several reports have stated that the two-time All-Star won't commit to re-sign with any team that might trade for him. This creates an awkward situation, though, as doing such a thing hurts his trade value, especially since he's on an expiring contract and could walk for nothing this summer.

This is from a few days ago, so things might've changed now that he's officially a Pacer, but this SI article has his agent saying that he's not going to give any team a verbal commitment to resign and that he'll test free agency:

Because Siakam apparently would prefer staying in Toronto, several reports have stated that the two-time All-Star won't commit to re-sign with any team that might trade for him. This creates an awkward situation, though, as doing such a thing hurts his trade value, especially since he's on an expiring contract and could walk for nothing this summer.

He's about to play alongside the best point guard in the league, I think he'll want to stay.

Fox, Lillard, Holiday he's amongst the best no doubt.
You are right, he may not be THE BEST. But I'd argue he might be. Haliburton has good players around him, but he doesn't have that 2nd superstar. I think his numbers will be even better now that there is someone who can score big inside.

You are right, he may not be THE BEST. But I'd argue he might be. Haliburton has good players around him, but he doesn't have that 2nd superstar. I think his numbers will be even better now that there is someone who can score big inside.
It's gonna help spread the floor and open lanes even moreso than currently. And the Pacers have loads of guys (nearly every player) who can hit a three.

How is Siakam defensively?

It's gonna help spread the floor and open lanes even moreso than currently. And the Pacers have loads of guys (nearly every player) who can hit a three.

How is Siakam defensively?
not his strong point and getting worse with age.

The only plus side for defense is that he gives us more height.

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT