ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher on immigration & trans issue

So if he takes a popular stance, he's obviously playing to the crowd because he's telling them what they want to hear. But if takes an unpopular stance, he's obviously being evocative and looking for a response from both sides to the unpopularity of it.

How could he possibly prove his views were genuine?
Just one of the pitfalls of the life of a celebrity dbag.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
I know Murt was being facetious, but I’ll play along. I assume you mean gay marriage? I’m not 100% sure they were wrong on it and this is coming from someone who voted Obama and am still for gay marriage.
Progressives have this rather annoying habit of referring to something that they simply want as a “right”. Rights are few and far between and made explicit in our founding documents.

“Gay rights”

What does that mean? Gay people have had all the same rights as straight people for decades and civil unions gave them all the same legal rights as married couples. They wanted the right to bastardize the definition of marriage. Or to force a baker to make lewd wedding cakes.

“Reproductive rights”

Simple enough. They want the right to abort their fetus because they don’t want to bear the cost of their own irresponsibility.

“Healthcare is a human right”

Gimme my doctors fo free!

“Voting rights”

I don’t want to get off my ass and go to the poll.

It’s all really childish window dressing, but a lot of people fall for it.

Last edited:
So if he takes a popular stance, he's obviously playing to the crowd because he's telling them what they want to hear. But if takes an unpopular stance, he's obviously being evocative and looking for a response from both sides to the unpopularity of it.

Here’s another way to look at it. Liberals will reward anti-Trump conservatives for being anti-Trump or for demanding the Religious Right take it easy and be more reasonable.

But God help a Liberal who steps out of line on their religions like LGBTQIA6282&):!!;$2$2 and climate. God help them.

Have you ever listened to or seen his podcast where he drinks and smokes pot with his guests in his basement?

Here's a clip with John Hamm:

Bulky’s reaction.

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

He hates him more.

Progressives have this rather annoying habit of referring to something that they simply want as a “right”. Rights are few and far between and made explicit in our founding documents.

“Gay rights”

What does that mean? Gay people have had all the same rights as straight people for decades and civil unions gave them all the same legal rights as married couples. They wanted the right to bastardize the definition of marriage. Or to force a baker to make lewd wedding cakes.

“Reproductive rights”

Simple enough. They want the right to abort their fetus because they don’t want to bear the cost of their own irresponsibility.

“Healthcare is a human right”

Gimme my doctors fo free!

“Voting rights”

I don’t want to get off my ass and go to the poll.

It’s all really childish window dressing, but a lot of people fall for it.
I spelled out what I meant.

As of the 2000's, gay sex was illegal. Ten years later, some of the laws were still on the books and certain conservatives for fighting for them:

Want to fire someone solely because they are gay Republicans supported this in the past. No marriage or civil unions? Republicans supported that. Socially shunning gay people for being gay? Yeah, conservative Republicans wanted to do that too. And I'm not even going to go into the push back on the civil rights movement decades before.

They were wrong. I'm not saying Dems and libs don't get things wrong, too. They do. Everyone does.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder

Agree with Bulk, obviously…

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
I just decided to get back on Facebook, to follow my kids and grand kids . My screen name is nock nock, candy gram if you’d like to follow this journey. Great SNL DAYS!!!

Anyways, ****ing Zuckerberg figures I should follow Breastfeeding moms ( nipples out the wazzoo) and tranny truck drivers…
How in possible hell as a brand new subscriber, are these two things spoon feed to me? **** Zuckerberg. Closet homo if I ever seen a little ****** POS!!! Exactly why I quit 7 yrs ago!!

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
I just decided to get back on Facebook, to follow my kids and grand kids . My screen name is nock nock, candy gram if you’d like to follow this journey. Great SNL DAYS!!!

Anyways, ****ing Zuckerberg figures I should follow Breastfeeding moms ( nipples out the wazzoo) and tranny truck drivers…
How in possible hell as a brand new subscriber, are these two things spoon feed to me? **** Zuckerberg. Closet homo if I ever seen a little ****** POS!!! Exactly why I quit 7 yrs ago!!

Algorithm

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
Of course he is - he literally has his own show. Doesn’t mean he is wrong. He hasn’t changed much. liberals have.

Both liberals and conservatives have changed in the direction of playing toxic politics, as we will see in the political advertising and campaign rhetoric this year.

Cannot help but believe the Republicans
with Trump as their leader and social media as their tool will thrive more effectively in this toxic environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Both liberals and conservatives have changed in the direction of playing toxic politics, as we will see in the political advertising and campaign rhetoric this year.

Cannot help but believe the Republicans
with Trump as their leader and social media as their tool will thrive more effectively in this toxic environment.

Perhaps, but what happens when he’s gone?

Also, to your point, doesn’t seem like a good thing for the country. The GOP reopening the abortion conversation and seems to be on the losing side long-term.

Then the Dems are literally making irrational arguments on race, gender, etc.

Perhaps, but what happens when he’s gone?

Also, to your point, doesn’t seem like a good thing for the country. The GOP reopening the abortion conversation and seems to be on the losing side long-term.

Then the Dems are literally making irrational arguments on race, gender, etc.

You ask a great question when you ask, "What happens when he (Trump) is gone?"

IMO the toxicity in politics had been growing before Trump . Trump just uses it effectively as could be seen in the board room squabbles in his television show The Appentice.

My guess is that toxicity will continue until members of each party realize it is making government function less favorably for the common good as compared to the past when hatred didn't prevail.

Having said that, I do admit a good many Americans think the toxic atmosphere proves government doesn't work. Thus we have less government interfering in our lives and lower taxes.

You ask a great question when you ask, "What happens when he (Trump) is gone?"

IMO the toxicity in politics had been growing before Trump . Trump just uses it effectively as could be seen in the board room squabbles in his television show The Appentice.

My guess is that toxicity will continue until members of each party realize it is making government function less favorably for the common good as compared to the past when hatred didn't prevail.

Having said that, I do admit a good many Americans think the toxic atmosphere proves government doesn't work. Thus we have less government interfering in our lives and lower taxes.
Agreed. The Obama administration really did a number on our political discourse.

Never before has a president so willingly slice and diced people by immutable characteristics.

He was absolutely evil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT