ADVERTISEMENT

Message from Bill Maher to his new "fans" in MAGA world...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So Bill Maher ostensibly addressed this to the "Fox News Editors", but I can't help but wonder if he might be sending a message out to all his newly discovered fans here on the Board as well. I've never been a huge fan and don't watch his show,. But I've noticed quite a few people here posting his recent attacks on wokeness and what he labels as the wackiness of the Left. Not surprising that the celebration of Maher in right wing media would make it's way here...

It appears he felt the need to clear up any confusion about where he stands ideologically, especially since the "Editors at Fox" have sort of co-opted his message by focusing on the one or two negatives he says about the Dems while totally ignoring his far more rigorous critique of the GOP. He may describe some elements of the Dems as "toxic" and wacky, but that characterization seems pretty minor compared to what he has to say about the prevailing craziness in the GOP...Doesn't appear that he'd be voting for many of the new era Pubs...

So Bill Maher ostensibly addressed this to the "Fox News Editors", but I can't help but wonder if he might be sending a message out to all his newly discovered fans here on the Board as well. I've never been a huge fan and don't watch his show,. But I've noticed quite a few people here posting his recent attacks on wokeness and what he labels as the wackiness of the Left. Not surprising that the celebration of Maher in right wing media would make it's way here...

It appears he felt the need to clear up any confusion about where he stands ideologically, especially since the "Editors at Fox" have sort of co-opted his message by focusing on the one or two negatives he says about the Dems while totally ignoring his far more rigorous critique of the GOP. He may describe some elements of the Dems as "toxic" and wacky, but that characterization seems pretty minor compared to what he has to say about the prevailing craziness in the GOP...Doesn't appear that he'd be voting for many of the new era Pubs...

This is an example of something that is both hilarious and scary at the same time. We really are a nation of extreme idiots (both sides) that lack the ability to rationally discuss/solve complex issues.

I don’t believe any Conservatives are under the impression that Maher aligns with them on even 5% of things. He’s an equal opportunist comedian and old school liberal.

He does recognize the patent illiberalism and cultural decay being forwarded by some Democrat’s and doesn’t simply cast it off as invented GOP culture wars. As Maher said on the Ben Shapiro show “I haven’t changed, they’ve changed”.

Last edited:
I don’t believe any Conservatives are under the impression that Maher aligns with them on even 5% of things. He’s an equal opportunist comedian and old school liberal.

He does recognize the patent illiberalism and cultural decay being forwarded by some Democrat’s and doesn’t simply cast it off as invented GOP culture wars. As he said on the Ben Shapiro show “I haven’t changed, you’ve changed”.

I don't think anyone thinks they have changed. Pretty funny that the truth telling GOPers seem to omit what he had to say about the GOP though lol Although that was likely due to the vigorous editing of their propaganda feed.

I feel his pain

Unlike a binary creature such as yourself, many have the ability to not be 100% partisan & can agree with someone on the other side of the aisle. Bots such as yourself obviously cannot…

This is an example of something that is both hilarious and scary at the same time. We really are a nation of extreme idiots (both sides) that lack the ability to rationally discuss/solve complex issues.

We're all screwed. Things are rapidly circling the drain.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Tina Forte is arguably crazier than Boebert and Taylor-Greene. Her livestream from the Capitol on 1/6 is some wacky shit. She's also apparently a big fan of Proud Boys leadership.

We live in world where Twitter is banning people for calling Rachel Levine a man. Think about that for a second.

Circling the drain indeed.
Again though why do we spend so much time focusing on things like gender, sexuality, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I've never had a Twitter account and seem to be getting by just fine. Same with the recent Will Smith slap. Who gives a crap about this stuff? But seemingly that is all we as Americans worry about.

I guess things like the national debt, improving access to healthcare, shoring up social security, climate, the border, etc are all too hard?

We really are circling the drain because we spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on the wrong things.

We live in world where Twitter is banning people for calling Rachel Levine a man. Think about that for a second.

Circling the drain indeed.

Everyone has a right to be an asshole. But that doesn't mean twitter or anyone else has to give everyone a megaphone in order to share their behavior with others.

You have a problem with assholes being discriminated against but I'm guessing you had no issue with bakers discriminating against LGBT people because of their "religion"

Again though why do we spend so much time focusing on things like gender, sexuality, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I've never had a Twitter account and seem to be getting by just fine. Same with the recent Will Smith slap. Who gives a crap about this stuff? But seemingly that is all we as Americans worry about.

I guess things like the national debt, improving access to healthcare, shoring up social security, climate, the border, etc are all too hard?

We really are circling the drain because we spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on the wrong things.

Boring. Dearth of time. Hard. Media has become a surrogate for independent thought. You have a predilection to align with a party and the media you like will sate your craving and reinforce your beliefs - fast food style. This same media pass as link link link. Few primary sources. Fewer independent thinkers. The continuing dumbing down of America. Ryan Seacrest and Dorsey will have a lot of explaining to do when their times come

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT