ADVERTISEMENT

Abortion in Florida

I didn't know about this until today after hearing a story this morning that a 2nd baby this month was dropped off in one of these boxes. Great article and bill. It gives mothers a way out and allows them to remain anonymous.

The bill was written by a pub and co authored by a dem. Geez if only this happened more often.

Reactions: IUINSB and larsIU
I didn't know about this until today after hearing a story this morning that a 2nd baby this month was dropped off in one of these boxes. Great article and bill. It gives mothers a way out and allows them to remain anonymous.

The bill was written by a pub and co authored by a dem. Geez if only this happened more often.
This is a great program. Should be a point of pride for our state.

BTW, the lady who started the baby box program is from Woodburn, so she's obviously in the news around these parts a lot (FW's first box a few years ago was a huge deal), but the renewed debate on abortion is taking her national.

BTW, the lady who started the baby box program is from Woodburn, so she's obviously in the news around these parts a lot (FW's first box a few years ago was a huge deal), but the renewed debate on abortion is taking her national.

What a f-in story...I would love to see the stat on the percentage how she is alive? I wonder how many violently raped mothers had the baby and it turned out like this. Also the Box in Cape Town? Damn inspiring man! Good stuff and a great program!

She’s not gay, she’s trans. Some of you people need to understand you are in the 21st century and the world is moving along whether you like it or not. Standing in your front yard screaming get off my lawn isn’t going to help.

I’ve said it time and time again. If folks want to eliminate abortion you need to provide a better option. Just telling people to live with consequences of their decision doesn’t work. It might make some feel better but it surely doesn’t work. When I see state or federally subsidized health care and free adoption services for the mother and prospective, desirous parents then we can have a real discussion.
For 1,000s of years humans have had much lower living standards than today, but only if we raise the living standards to an arbitrary higher number will I support saving the child or discuss it? Sorry, I'm not trying to be a d#ck, but I've just never understood those types of arguments on abortions.

For 1,000s of years humans have had much lower living standards than today, but only if we raise the living standards to an arbitrary higher number will I support saving the child or discuss it? Sorry, I'm not trying to be a d#ck, but I've just never understood those types of arguments on abortions.
Dude they use to leave disabled kids to die on the side of a mountain. The only reason they didn't abort the kid 4000 years ago was b/c they didn't know how.

And actually, they probably did have a way to do it.

I'm just saying if there is a family willing and able to take the kid but doesn't have teh $50,000 or whatever you need to adopt these days and there's a pregnant woman who doesn't want raise the child but lives in poverty or whatever, why can't we marry these two things together in a way that makes abortion the less palatable option.

The pregnant woman pays nothing for the healthcare necessary to bring a healthy baby to term
The adoptive parents don't pay a dime for adoptive services.

The baby lives and likely in a very good home.

That's all I'm saying.

Dude they use to leave disabled kids to die on the side of a mountain. The only reason they didn't abort the kid 4000 years ago was b/c they didn't know how.

I'm just saying if there is a family willing and able to take the kid but doesn't have teh $50,000 or whatever you need to adopt these days and there's a pregnant woman who doesn't want raise the child but lives in poverty or whatever, why can't we marry these two things together in a way that makes abortion the less palatable option.

The pregnant woman pays nothing for the healthcare necessary to bring a healthy baby to term

That's all I'm saying.
No worries and I understand your intent is sincere. For the record, I don't have a very strong opinion on abortions. I am in the, you shouldn't ever one, but I'm not going to lose sleep if they allow abortions camp. Is that a camp?

Last edited:
No worries and I understand your intent is sincere. For the record, I don't have a very strong opinion on abortions. I am in the, you shouldn't ever one, but I'm not going to lose sleep if they allow abortions camp. Is that a camp?
I'm similar. I'm pro-choice though my choice would be no abortion if I had impregnated a woman.

I just don't think draconian solutions work all that well.

That's all I'm saying.
History is also littered with attempted abortions of all unimaginable sorts. All sorts of chemicals, inserted objects, self-beating. What the fetus can survive is astounding although many of the deformations were exceptions to the rule.

In the not-too-distant past southern Indiana was notorious for live babies abandoned in dumpsters and other tragic locations.

Last edited:
She’s not gay, she’s trans. Some of you people need to understand you are in the 21st century and the world is moving along whether you like it or not. Standing in your front yard screaming get off my lawn isn’t going to help.
What’s “trans”?
Is it someone who thinks they are something they are not?
Or
Is it someone who wants to be something they are not?

Reactions: Indianaftw
Moving towards what? What happened to you're either a man or a woman?

Its a win/win The sooner the world goes to hell the sooner the Lord is coming back to make things right and take out the trash. The longer it stays good means I just get to enjoy it that much longer. :)

What’s “trans”?
Is it someone who thinks they are something they are not?
Or
Is it someone who wants to be something they are not?

what a brutally unsophisticated view you have (or pretend to have lol). Some Sumerian priests were transgender 6500 years ago. Literally before the made up idea of marital monogamy became a thing. But good luck w the schtick! I, mean, your whole lifestyle was arbitrarily selected for you, explaining your robotic repulsion to things you don’t understand, but whatever. What you’re doing is more fun than being a real human, right?

Its a win/win The sooner the world goes to hell the sooner the Lord is coming back to make things right and take out the trash. The longer it stays good means I just get to enjoy it that much longer. :)

another devout follower of Hebrew folklore thinking the story book they had to read on Sundays was a real accounting. Lol. Sad stuff. 🥲🤮

another devout follower of Hebrew folklore thinking the story book they had to read on Sundays was a real accounting. Lol. Sad stuff. 🥲🤮
Go worship Inanna you satanic freak. The author of confusion has fooled you well.

what a brutally unsophisticated view you have (or pretend to have lol). Some Sumerian priests were transgender 6500 years ago. Literally before the made up idea of marital monogamy became a thing. But good luck w the schtick! I, mean, your whole lifestyle was arbitrarily selected for you, explaining your robotic repulsion to things you don’t understand, but whatever. What you’re doing is more fun than being a real human, right?
If you are gonna tout beliefs that are 6500 years old, you might not want to call others “unsophisticated.” Your sexual hero Sumerians also practiced slavery. You down with THAT too?

Do you believe the sun circles the earth?

Reactions: jet812

You're a frequent poster on issues of sexuality and you also claim expertise on matters of Christian faith and morals, so here's a hypothetical for your consideration.

Two guys. I'll call them Guy A and Guy B. Both are believers and accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

Guy A is gay. He's in a committed, monogamous relationship. He volunteers his time to help the less fortunate and is generally kind and considerate to those around him. He lives the two greatest commandments (per Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40): Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Guy B is straight. He's had multiple wives and has cheated on all of them. He is self-absorbed and generally unkind and uncaring.

Who will be saved? Guy A? Guy B? Both? Neither? Why?

If you can't answer, what additional information would you need to make a determination?

You're a frequent poster on issues of sexuality and you also claim expertise on matters of Christian faith and morals, so here's a hypothetical for your consideration.

Two guys. I'll call them Guy A and Guy B. Both are believers and accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

Guy A is gay. He's in a committed, monogamous relationship. He volunteers his time to help the less fortunate and is generally kind and considerate to those around him. He lives the two greatest commandments (per Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40): Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Guy B is straight. He's had multiple wives and has cheated on all of them. He is self-absorbed and generally unkind and uncaring.

Who will be saved? Guy A? Guy B? Both? Neither? Why?

If you can't answer, what additional information would you need to make a determination?
Your premise is wrong.
You are hypothesizing that salvation is based on acts, works, lack of sin.
That is not Christianity.

Both guys are sinners.
Always were.
Always will be.
Neither’s sin is greater or lesser than the others.
Neither are better or worse than Charles Manson when it comes to comparative sin.
Both need only to genuinely accept Jesus Christ.
And yet they will still both fail to “not sin.”
THAT is Christianity.

What you really want to ask is whether homosexuality is “sin” - but you are trying to hide it and create an intellectual “trap.”

And the answer is …. Some Christianity preachers say yes, some say no. Darn your bad luck.

Your premise is wrong.

Both guys are sinners.
Always were.
Always will be.
Neither are better or worse than Charles Manson when it comes to comparative sin.
THAT is Christianity.

What you really want to ask is whether homosexuality is “sin” - but you are trying to hide it and create an intellectual “trap.”

And the answer is …. Some Christianity preachers say yes, some say no. Darn your bad luck.
The only thing that needs added to this is the blood. That bloodshed is what saves you and that's what you cannot leave out.

Edit
I forgot to add that scripture so here.

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

I've been very clear with bowl and provided scripture which he ignores. Even your righteousnesses are as filthy rags Isaiah 64:6 to God. Bowl If you think one of your works equals what Christ did on that cross your greatly deceived. Mtiotf is also correct saying for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Roman's 3:23

If you want God's view on sodomites read my signature bowl. And quit asking foolish unlearned questions. You sound like the dem led msm.

Last edited:
Your premise is wrong.

Both guys are sinners.
Always were.
Always will be.
THAT is Christianity.

There's no erroneous premise or "intellectual trap" in my hypothetical. And I've said nothing about "lack of sin." Of course everyone's a sinner. Nice job, though, distorting what I wrote.

And spare me your arrogant pontificating. Save it for someone who might actually be impressed.

There's no erroneous premise or "intellectual trap" in my hypothetical. And I've said nothing about "lack of sin." Of course everyone's a sinner. Nice job, though, distorting what I wrote.

And spare me your arrogant pontificating. Save it for someone who might actually be impressed.
Man that was a Slam Dunk in your face!

What’s the definition?
I gave 2 possible definitions.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
The only thing that needs added to this is the blood. That bloodshed is what saves you and that's what you cannot leave out.

Edit
I forgot to add that scripture so here.

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

I've been very clear with bowl and provided scripture which he ignores. Even your righteousnesses are as filthy rags Isaiah 64:6 to God. Bowl If you think one of your works equals what Christ did on that cross your greatly deceived. Mtiotf is also correct saying for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Roman's 3:23

If you want God's view on sodomites read my signature bowl. And quit asking foolish unlearned questions. You sound like the dem led msm.
Your understanding of scripture and, in particular, the New Testament is limited and grossly distorted.

You can't have it both ways. If you believe salvation is based on faith alone, then acts of any kind - - good or bad - - shouldn't matter. Yet, in your eyes, I'm sure the gay "sodomite" is condemned to eternal fire. But what about a heterosexual guy who engages in "unnatural" anal and/or oral sex with his lady? Are those two sodomites condemned as well?

Here's what I think. I think the "faith only" approach is really convenient for "Christians" like you. Any kind of poor behavior is then fine as long as there's some nominal repentance for it. And you have no need to place much value on Jesus' command to love your neighbor as yourself since, hell, you believe in Jesus - - so you've already been saved! Nice and easy!

I'll close with this: "The hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and will come out - - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life; those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation." -Jesus (John 5:28-29)

You want him to "pick" between Guy A (good Christian/gay) or Guy B (bad Christian/straight) as to "which one" will "be saved" per Christian doctrine. Your words - not mine.

Your premise was wrong.

And I did not pontificate in the least. I just ACCURATELY told you what the Christian religion teaches about whether good or bad actions ("good works" is the word most often used from the pulpit) is what determines their salvation. Even a smart atheist could tell you that. But you probably wouldn't listen to them either. Your mind was made up before you posted.

But your premise was wrong. Sorry. Don't shoot the messenger.

You want him to "pick" between Guy A (good Christian/gay) or Guy B (bad Christian/straight) as to "which one" will "be saved" per Christian doctrine. Your words - not mine.

Your premise was wrong.

And I did not pontificate in the least. I just ACCURATELY told you what the Christian religion teaches about whether good or bad actions ("good works" is the word most often used from the pulpit) is what determines their salvation. Even a smart atheist could tell you that. But you probably wouldn't listen to them either. Your mind was made up before you posted.

But your premise was wrong. Sorry. Don't shoot the messenger.
Again with the all caps. They don't make your baseless points any more valid. Neither does repeating them.

You're out of your depth here. Still to law or whatever it was you did before you got old.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Your understanding of scripture and, in particular, the New Testament is limited and grossly distorted.

You can't have it both ways. If you believe salvation is based on faith alone, then acts of any kind - - good or bad - - shouldn't matter. Yet, in your eyes, I'm sure the gay "sodomite" is condemned to eternal fire. But what about a heterosexual guy who engages in "unnatural" anal and/or oral sex with his lady? Are those two sodomites condemned as well?

Here's what I think. I think the "faith only" approach is really convenient for "Christians" like you. Any kind of poor behavior is then fine as long as there's some nominal repentance for it. And you have no need to place much value on Jesus' command to love your neighbor as yourself since, hell, you believe in Jesus - - so you've already been saved! Nice and easy!

I'll close with this: "The hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and will come out - - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life; those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation." -Jesus (John 5:28-29)
Again with the all caps. They don't make your baseless points any more valid. Neither does repeating them.

You're out of your depth here. Still to law or whatever it was you did before you got old.

Your misunderstanding of Christianity is comprehensive.
Then again, mine probably is too.
Thank God (old literally) our "understandings" and "misunderstandings" are not what determines salvation any more than our works.

Salvation without works is meaningless.
But works won't get us salvation.
What a pickle!
Woe is us.
What are we to do?

If you want to argue "faith versus works" with him, start with James 2:14-17. You aren't smart enough to make up crap and improve on the Christian Bible. You are out of your league.

Here - Ima hep ya out:

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Or maybe hit him with Matthew 7:21-23:

21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

If you want to try to de-Christian a Christian, you gotta use Christianity. And you are out of your league.

You are completely lost. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Your completely lost and going to hell with that testimony</>

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Where's that pastor to settle all this? Shows up to post about shitty pizza but goes MIA when the board could use him
Murt if anyone could appreciate the gospel it's an attorney. All the death penalties for sinning. All the world may become guilty before God. Then the greatest 3 words ever. Being justified freely. It's amazing. Ain't no pastor gonna settle anything with me. The guy who showed me the gospel read his kjv 100 plus times. I already dropped the beginning for you and the conclusion according to scripture. What more do you want. Read Roman's 1,2,3.

If you are gonna tout beliefs that are 6500 years old, you might not want to call others “unsophisticated.” Your sexual hero Sumerians also practiced slavery. You down with THAT too?

Do you believe the sun circles the earth?

huh? my point was that dudes have been dressing up like ladies longer than dudes have been marrying just one wife. the cool thing is humans are adaptable af. the not cool thing is our brains are lazy and will hunker down with our randomly selected lifestyle at the expense of common sense.

humans can worship all kinds of god(s), eat all kinds of foods, do all kinds of jobs, have all kinds of families, have all kinds of sex or non-sex, and still all get the same neuro-chemical feedback that makes the struggle worth it. thought the world was finally catching on to this....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT