ADVERTISEMENT

Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that killed woman on film set of Rust

I have no idea how accurate it is, but IIRC, some of the early reporting was that people brought live ammo so they could go out and do target shooting as recreation. If that's true, and it was generally well-known on set, then that might weaken Baldwin's claim that he had no reason to check the gun because he's just an actor.

That is what makes me wonder why the director was not charged too, they have power on the set.

Some people have responsibility. Baldwin seems likely to be one,he pulled the trigger. But it seems his defense has a lot of others to point to.

Reactions: larsIU
That is what makes me wonder why the director was not charged too, they have power on the set.

Some people have responsibility. Baldwin seems likely to be one,he pulled the trigger. But it seems his defense has a lot of others to point to.
I think Baldwin is also the director. ooops.. He was the Producer. My bad.

Last edited:

There are some people on movie sets who operate independently of the director. I'd bet armorer is one of them. Just a wild guess on my part, but it would make sense.

There are some people on movie sets who operate independently of the director. I'd bet armorer is one of them. Just a wild guess on my part, but it would make sense.

I suspect that is true, for good reasons. But if the director felt something was off I suspect they can stop filming. Having live ammo on a set is that bad.

Honestly, anyone that brought live ammo to the set should be part of any civil suit.

I suspect that is true, for good reasons. But if the director felt something was off I suspect they can stop filming. Having live ammo on a set is that bad.

Honestly, anyone that brought live ammo to the set should be part of any civil suit.
That's a really good point. Originally, they said they were looking at four people. Obviously, Baldwin, the armorer, and the assistant director were three. I wonder if the director was the fourth, and why they declined to charge him.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Has anybody ever heard whether Baldwin is a gun owner himself? I know he’s a lib but he ls also a celeb who might have a gun in his house in case some crazy stalker shows up.

I have to assume that will provide some clarity to his knowledge of gun safety etc.
If I heard correctly, he was a member of a shooting club when he was younger. I was walking into the room and may not have all the context of the comment though.

Reactions: larsIU

Don't they use live ammo for some scenes? Like scenes where windows get shot out or shooting at bottle, building etc ?

Don't they use live ammo for some scenes? Like scenes where windows get shot out or shooting at bottle, building etc ?

I can't imagine it isn't done with tricks, but maybe they do. The armorer I heard suggested "live ammo and blanks shouldn't be in the same area code".

But it might be they sometimes use live. If so there has to be crazy tough rules.

Frankly, green plastic weapons and cgi seems to solve everything.

Has anybody ever heard whether Baldwin is a gun owner himself? I know he’s a lib but he ls also a celeb who might have a gun in his house in case some crazy stalker shows up.

I have to assume that will provide some clarity to his knowledge of gun safety etc.
And does anyone even know what Baldwin it was?

I have no idea how accurate it is, but IIRC, some of the early reporting was that people brought live ammo so they could go out and do target shooting as recreation. If that's true, and it was generally well-known on set, then that might weaken Baldwin's claim that he had no reason to check the gun because he's just an actor.
Enough to go to jail though? I think this prosecutor is doing this for reasons other than justice.

Shame that Alec B gets off, but to call the Jan 6 thugs "people who sneezed at the Capitol" is just bottom-of-the-barrel, MTG/DANC/Mas level stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I think some groups may be getting out over their skis. The prosecutor has not commented on what this means but did use the word "temporary". It may be other charges will be filed instead. Or maybe not. There is nothing wrong with waiting for facts.

Shame that Alec B gets off, but to call the Jan 6 thugs "people who sneezed at the Capitol" is just bottom-of-the-barrel, MTG/DANC/Mas level stupid.
The prosecutor dropped the Alex Baldwin charges because the defense brought forth evidence that indicated the gun’s trigger mechanism was modified, so the gun could be discharged accidentally, as a result. I guess it was convincing enough to drop the charges. It makes his alibi plausible that he never pulled the trigger, however, what would be the purpose of that modification?

The prosecutor dropped the Alex Baldwin charges because the defense brought forth evidence that indicated the gun’s trigger mechanism was modified, so the gun could be discharged accidentally, as a result. I guess it was convincing enough to drop the charges. It makes his alibi plausible that he never pulled the trigger, however, what would be the purpose of that modification?
Interesting, the FBI lab said differently.

Reactions: dbmhoosier and DANC

The entire case has been a shitshow.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Correction: White Liberal Privilege
Michael Richards Yes GIF

C'mon, you never looked at a deadly weapon and thought, "You know what would be great? If this thing could go to work on accident!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT