ADVERTISEMENT

Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that killed woman on film set of Rust

A person's social media response to that should be exhibit 1a for when called before St. Peter.

God we suck. Honestly the bees should just take over at this point.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Dude this jackass (Proboscis or whatever his name actually is) is one of the most bottom dwelling bottom dwellers that ever bottom dwelled. He just doesn't have 1/2 the balls Jacob Wohl did.

His mother should disown him.
His Wiki description is pretty funny:

John Michael Posobiec III is an American alt-right and alt-lite political activist, television correspondent and presenter, conspiracy theorist, and Internet troll.

I'm sure the shooting was a complete accident but Baldwin is complete jackass and always has been. This is how he treats his own 12 year old daughter.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Rule #1

Horrible accident. I can't imagine how a gun with blanks could kill 1 and seriously injure another.

Reactions: Spartans9312
A woman is dead, another person is seriously injured, and people are celebrating it because the guy responsible parodied trump. Yeah, that's "special place in hell" material.
I bet the Gay Community is mourning her death!

His Wiki description is pretty funny:

John Michael Posobiec III is an American alt-right and alt-lite political activist, television correspondent and presenter, conspiracy theorist, and Internet troll.
Amazingly accurate

You know you would have thought Alec would have stopped after shooting the first victim, but no he had to shoot 2 people!

Reactions: DANC
In all seriousness…did Baldwin load the gun? Was it someone else?
Someone is dead because of negligence
Ridiculously negligent. So negligent it's hard not to wonder if something else was going on. IGW?

Apparently there's a clip of Baldwin throwing up outside the police dept. You know he assumes people check that stuff

Ridiculously negligent. So negligent it's hard not to wonder if something else was going on. IGW?

Apparently there's a clip of Baldwin throwing up outside the police dept. You know he assumes people check that stuff
I have read the prop guns can still be deadly. I know in Brandon Lee's case there was a real bullet, but they can be deadly without that. Everyone is instructed to stand a certain number of feet away, and actors are taught to not aim at someone but aim a near miss. So maybe someone stepped in too close, maybe he fired too close, who knows right now.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
My question is, why was the gun even pointed at her? She was a cinematographer not an actress.

I have read the prop guns can still be deadly. I know in Brandon Lee's case there was a real bullet, but they can be deadly without that. Everyone is instructed to stand a certain number of feet away, and actors are taught to not aim at someone but aim a near miss. So maybe someone stepped in too close, maybe he fired too close, who knows right now.
Agreed, but why was he pointing it at crew behind the camera?

Negligent all the way around.

I see that the second person has been discharged from the hospital, so that's good news.

I have a buddy who makes movies. He had a prop gun in his car and when he got pulled over they took it and charged him. He had no clue where the gun was from. Was a real mess. So yes I think you are right.

Same guy got arrested with a fake five dollar bill buying Gatorade after a soccer game at 7/11. He had no idea. That was a mess too.

Agreed, but why was he pointing it at crew behind the camera?

Negligent all the way around.

I see that the second person has been discharged from the hospital, so that's good news.
If the crew was behind the person he was supposed to be firing at, or if they walked into that area, or if they were doing some sort of action scene and it was not supposed to fire. I do not know why they would do a fight scene with powder in, but maybe that was the mistake. And of course, maybe Baldwin screwed up

The tech is available, a green plastic gun with a little light that goes off when the trigger is pulled can be animated into the real thing.

I have a buddy who makes movies. He had a prop gun in his car and when he got pulled over they took it and charged him. He had no clue where the gun was from. Was a real mess. So yes I think you are right.
A prop gun that fires blanks is a real gun.

There is an entire sub-industry around providing prop guns to production companies since they're regulated by local, state and national gov'ts.

A prop gun that fires blanks is a real gun.

There is an entire sub-industry around providing prop guns to production companies since they're regulated by local, state and national gov'ts.
Well there ya go. Didn't know that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT