ADVERTISEMENT

According to a well connected fan on another site…

Why the hell are people concerned with getting Indiana players. News flash, they normally suck!!!

We got lander and Romeo with Archie, worked out real well.

Just get good players, who cares where the hell they are from.

I forget if Furst and Trey Kaughman were from Indiana, they suck too!
lol you suck at this..

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
We’ve. Had. Horrible. Coaching.

Villanova and Kansas are the way, for IU. With a good coach.

Sampson would have won multiple nattys by now at IU, and he wouldn’t have focused on Indiana kids.

Not saying I want a Sampson-like program. But Id take a Jay Wright-like program, and that is more than realistic.

IU just needs the right coach.

Jay Wright is of the Painter mold, or vice versa. This board is on record that wouldn't work. Takes too much time.

Kansas... IU isn't Kansas anymore than Nebraska is Alabama.

I think IU should go the Nova route, but it's going to have to find a good up and coming coach and give them time to build a culture and develop players.

Based off of recent threads... I don't see that happening.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Jay Wright is of the Painter mold, or vice versa. This board is on record that wouldn't work. Takes too much time.

Kansas... IU isn't Kansas anymore than Nebraska is Alabama.

I think IU should go the Nova route, but it's going to have to find a good up and coming coach and give them time to build a culture and develop players.

Based off of recent threads... I don't see that happening.
Nebraska was impaired with college football changing — their old model doesn’t work and they have pretty permanent recruiting issues given their location.

Nothing is holding IU back except our administration. And our admin is #1 when it comes to screwing up.

IUBB and Neb FB are both in the shit, IU doesn’t seem to have as permanent of an issue as Neb. It’s a sliver of hope for us.

Talk about counting chickens. When pU loses in the tournament will you eat crow?

No. I'm not saying when. I'm saying if.

I've said if in a about 4-6 different seasons in the last 15 years. That's one out of every 3 years where we are at least in the conversation.

1 of them Hummel got injured.
1 Haas got injured.
1 we had a terrible AdjD (Ivey)
1 we had a team with worn out frosh.

I didn't even have our E8 squad as an If. They got hot in March and got out-lucked at the end.

But in the last 15 years Purdue has been in contention for 6 of them. This is the only 3rd team though that I feel good about at this point of the season.

Hummel's first team got derailed in the Barn. I thought Iveys team had a legit shot if he could have gotten hot like Edwards, and then this season.

Going into last season I was hoping to just make the tournament. Then we just came out of the gates hot before our freshman just ran out of gas in February.

This is the 3rd team and the best since Hummel's injury to have a legit shot at winning it all.

But I've seen this before.

I'm just grateful that Purdue has a program that continues to put us in a good chance to break through. I'm hopeful this is the year it happens.

I've said if in a about 4-6 different seasons in the last 15 years. That's one out of every 3 years where we are at least in the conversation.

1 Haas got injured.

I didn't even have our E8 squad as an If. They got hot in March and got out-lucked at the end.

But in the last 15 years Purdue has been in contention for 6 of them. This is the only 3rd team though that I feel good about at this point of the season.

Hummel's first team got derailed in the Barn. I thought Iveys team had a legit shot if he could have gotten hot like Edwards, and then this season.

Going into last season I was hoping to just make the tournament. Then we just came out of the gates hot before our freshman just ran out of gas in February.

This is the 3rd team and the best since Hummel's injury to have a legit shot at winning it all.

I'm just grateful that Purdue has a program that continues to put us in a good chance to break through. I'm hopeful this is the year it happens.
I'm still waiting for Gene to break through.

1 Haas got injured.

Purdue is knocking on the door every year. That’s what you want in a program.

Purdue is knocking on the door every year. That’s what you want in a program.
On the door of what? 3 straight years of lower seed losses? I thought you guys were aspiring for better? Maybe this year the make it past a mighty mite team. Maybe they won’t.

On the door of what? 3 straight years of lower seed losses? I thought you guys were aspiring for better? Maybe this year the make it past a mighty mite team. Maybe they won’t.
Really?

They knocked and got nothing several times over the last 10 years, which is hilarious. But it’s a pretty good effort for Purdue.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
It honestly won't bother me. Doubt it happens, but it won't bother me a ton if it does.

***edited to add... and if Purdue winning a Natty is what it takes for IU bball to pull its head out of its ass, then I'd be glad it happened. In the end, I really only care if IU is good or not.
Bite your F****** tongue until it BLEEDS! 😁

But the inner circle in the IU administration and board have an entirely different set of priorities than we do. They are cleaning up financially from "basketball revenues" of every sort. It has nothing to do with results on the court. Their accountants give them the results they are really interested in.

Speculation or do you have some kind of facts to back it up?

Reactions: Vern Pain
It honestly won't bother me. Doubt it happens, but it won't bother me a ton if it does.

***edited to add... and if Purdue winning a Natty is what it takes for IU bball to pull its head out of its ass, then I'd be glad it happened. In the end, I really only care if IU is good or not.
Purdue winning a championship this year or any other year won’t affect IU’s decision making process one way or another. It would just make those W Lafayette shitheads exponentially more insufferable.

Reactions: Al Bino
How much you want to bet he’s there in 3 years? Football isn’t basketball either. They let Holtmann run around for 7 years. Ohio state football is a different animal than Ohio state basketball.
If he were to lose to UM 2-3 more times, I'll guarantee you he'll be gone. The point is that they don't tolerate losing, they act. We are a clown show letting incompetents erase what little legacy we have left.

If he were to lose to UM 2-3 more times, I'll guarantee you he'll be gone. The point is that they don't tolerate losing, they act. We are a clown show letting incompetents erase what little legacy we have left.
Why are you goofs comparing Ohio state football to Ohio stat basketball? Weird.

I wouldn't want to be the 16th or 8th seeded teams that Purdue plays this year. Given recent history - there is going to be extreme focus against those early games. Then it's all about matchups and who gets hot vs who has a bad night.

Wins would help for sure.
Wins would fix it all.

With enough wins, fans would like the coach. Players would be happy and work hard because they are winning. "Culture" falls out of that naturally (Purdue has good culture because they are winning). Instead of complaints about the coach's raise we would be defending it. High school players and transfers would be lining up to play here. Instead of complaints about the roster we would be praising it. Instead of hoping will get into a tournament (any tournament) we'd be talking about how deep a run we will make. We wouldn't have so many flagrant fouls because half of those were committed out of frustration. Even the off-court stuff would be downplayed, at least up to a point. Look at what was tolerated from RMK, when he was winning.

Winning fixes everything.

I wouldn't want to be the 16th or 8th seeded teams that Purdue plays this year. Given recent history - there is going to be extreme focus against those early games. Then it's all about matchups and who gets hot vs who has a bad night.
I would have thought that last year as well. But you see what happened.

No conformation but I expect a buyout negotiation. I expect Mike doesn't want to be fired and doesn't want to drag this out anymore if the season gets worse his daughter has expressed alot of frustration on Twitter so things are not looking good for year four.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
No conformation but I expect a buyout negotiation. I expect Mike doesn't want to be fired and doesn't want to drag this out anymore if the season gets worse his daughter has expressed alot of frustration on Twitter so things are not looking good for year four.
I would not be surprised if Woodson decided to retire. I wouldn't go so far as to say I expect it, but could certainly see it happening. It's a way out that Davis, Crean, and Miller didn't have.

Baring that I think he gets one more year at least, and at this point one year give or take in the grand scheme of things isn't really worth getting upset about. To me it's much more important that the next coaching hire be a good one than whether it happens this year or next or next. At Woodson's age, it will happen sooner rather than later no matter what.

I agree I am pretty sure that is who hillman wanted but he did not realize quinn was making the decision and quinn hates alford. that is why it seems the guys who graduated after 1987 are not too pleased with where things are at.
Quinn hates Alford??

Seriously?

"Get a bunch of good players from Indiana and then go out and grab a couple out of state guys to fill your roster needs...."

That is one team that is a title contender this year and technically was last year as well even with their ignominious early round exit. There are more than enough good players to do well. We want to run our program like Kentucky while hiring like Ball State. Indiana needs to pick. If you want to get players like Duke and Kentucky then you need to flush the whole pious thing and be willing to do things that look ethically questionable. If you aren't willing to do that, you have to get a really good system and then use the recruiting pull of the school to land good Indiana and Ohio Valley type of players and pair them with a 5* out of state kid here and there. You can't straddle the line like we have tried to do for 20 years.
They have 3 five star players. Does any other BIG team have that many? They have a guard who shot 47.5% from 3 last year. The talent is there. The utilization is not.

After losing to a 15 seed the previous year, you might have thought that "focus" would have been there against FDU. Just sayin'

Why the hell are people concerned with getting Indiana players. News flash, they normally suck!!!

We got lander and Romeo with Archie, worked out real well.

Just get good players, who cares where the hell they are from.

I forget if Furst and Trey Kaughman were from Indiana, they suck too!
Guys that didn't suck--Zach Randolph,Jared Jeffries,Ivey,and tons of others. Lately, the talent has been hype but not near as good. I think the style of play has changed kid's fundamentals--kids stepping back or falling away shooting instead of great form, lack of foul shooting skills, less defensive footwork,etc. But Indiana still produces shooters--Woodson for whatever reason wants bigs but not great shooting guards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT