ADVERTISEMENT

364 million verdict against the trumpster

Not only is the Federalist society essentially an extension of the GOP
The GOP and the federalist society can be independent and advocate for the same or similar positions. One is not the extension of the other.

Not only is the Federalist society essentially an extension of the GOP in a political sense, but they also embrace a judicial interpretation that embraces conservative ideals.
The idea that the federal government was created by the people through the states is deeply imbedded in our governmental structure. Somebody like Biden has neither the authority, let alone the wisdom, to tell the states what to do. If a state steps out of line under the 14th amendment, only the courts can remedy that, not Joe Biden or the AG. This is what federalism means and if that is a conservative ideal, then live with it. Good thing we have a federalist society to remind all of us how the constitution works.

Yet despite that, the people who have criticized her have done so based on her (erroneous) interpretations of the law. Nobody has threatened her family or attacked her on the sole basis she's a Republican.The reality is most judges in that judicial district are going to be members of the GOP, and most of the members of the 11th Circuit (which has reprimanded her twice already) are GOP apointees. The issue is her incompetence/inexperience in dealing with cases involving national security.
You have no clue what it takes to be a competent judge. Of all the factors experience is nowhere near the top of the list. All experience can do is make the good better or the bad worse.

Trump is a criminal defendant, and I'll point out again that you would not be in favor of allowing any other criminal defendant to engage in behavior that could endanger officers of the court or their families.
Trump is not just a criminal defendant. He is a candidate for President and a member of a political party opposite that of the judge and prosecutor. The sole reason for this prosecution is because of his candidacy. The case is weak shit, the feds passed on it years ago ..The case is an abuse of the judicial process and prohibiting Trump from talking about that makes it worse. The topper is the Judge’s family members are paid operatives of the judge’s party opposing Trump.

giphy.gif

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
The sole reason for this prosecution is because of his candidacy.
I think that's mostly backwards.

The reason that Trump officially began his candidacy 6 months to a year sooner than normal is that he was facing prosecution on multiple fronts. He wanted the above handy one-liner, something that all of his gullible supporters would swallow, hook, line and sinker.

I think that's mostly backwards.

The reason that Trump officially began his candidacy 6 months to a year sooner than normal is that he was facing prosecution on multiple fronts. He wanted the above handy one-liner, something that all of his gullible supporters would swallow, hook, line and sinker.
Yet the prosecutions started well before he announced his candidacy... Facts matter.
Trump running again was neither a secret nor was it a surprise.

Trump running again was neither a secret nor was it a surprise.
True, but there were lots of financial reasons to delay the official announcement. He wouldn't, and it isn't just me saying that one major motivation to paint the already ongoing criminal investigations as being campaign interference.

"Trump’s urgency to announce also comes from wanting to get ahead of potential indictments in any of the several ongoing criminal investigations into his conduct. He and close associates are under multiple criminal investigations..."

it's truly amazing that you can try to spin it that he is being indicted because he is a candidate, when the indictments arise out of investigations that began years before he was a candidate.

True, but there were lots of financial reasons to delay the official announcement. He wouldn't, and it isn't just me saying that one major motivation to paint the already ongoing criminal investigations as being campaign interference.

"Trump’s urgency to announce also comes from wanting to get ahead of potential indictments in any of the several ongoing criminal investigations into his conduct. He and close associates are under multiple criminal investigations..."

it's truly amazing that you can try to spin it that he is being indicted because he is a candidate, when the indictments arise out of investigations that began years before he was a candidate.
Trumps a Manhattan ass, But you know what is totally awesome...
He's like a kid with a magnifying glass, in the hot sun, torching ants on the sidewalk. smoke smoke, roll over on your back.. muahahha

You sure seem to care about Clarence Thomas' wife being an outspoken Trump supporter.

Again, you spend a lot of time typing out words that say nothing.
I don't recall ever posting about Ginni Thomas. Not saying I didn't and you may be able to find a post where I did. But as of this moment I don't recall it...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
The GOP and the federalist society can be independent and advocate for the same or similar positions. One is not the extension of the other.

The idea that the federal government was created by the people through the states is deeply imbedded in our governmental structure. Somebody like Biden has neither the authority, let alone the wisdom, to tell the states what to do. If a state steps out of line under the 14th amendment, only the courts can remedy that, not Joe Biden or the AG. This is what federalism means and if that is a conservative ideal, then live with it. Good thing we have a federalist society to remind all of us how the constitution works.

You have no clue what it takes to be a competent judge. Of all the factors experience is nowhere near the top of the list. All experience can do is make the good better or the bad worse.

Trump is not just a criminal defendant. He is a candidate for President and a member of a political party opposite that of the judge and prosecutor. The sole reason for this prosecution is because of his candidacy. The case is weak shit, the feds passed on it years ago ..The case is an abuse of the judicial process and prohibiting Trump from talking about that makes it worse. The topper is the Judge’s family members are paid operatives of the judge’s party opposing Trump.
I'm not going to waste time arguing your opinion. I just choose to adopt positions from people I consider more intelligent...However when discussing demonstrable facts...

"Trump is not just a criminal defendant. He is a candidate for President and a member of a political party opposite that of the judge and prosecutor. The sole reason for this prosecution is because of his candidacy. The case is weak shit, the feds passed on it years ago ..The case is an abuse of the judicial process and prohibiting Trump from talking about that makes it worse. The topper is the Judge’s family members are paid operatives of the judge’s party opposing Trump."

This is imho DANC level of conjecture and nonsense. Merchan has never ran for elected office and was initially appointed by a GOP Mayor. Prior to being appointed to the bench he was an Asst AG back in 1994 Coincidentally enough that was the first year that Rudy was Mayor of NYC. So at the very least it seems appropriate to conclude he worked within a Republican Administration.

He may in fact be a Democrat, but I don't believe you know that as a fact. I don't believe you can provide any documentation of your claim, but feel free to prove me wrong. He's originally from Columbia, but I'm not aware of Columbian immigrants having a propensity towards being Democrats. The point is I don't know, and I doubt you do either. I'm just honest enough to admit it...

Here you go. Does this give you any encouragement whatsoever about this stock? LOL

Maybe Trump will imagine he made another change mentally (but not digitally or on paper).

Trump is just a hell of a guy, isn't he?
It's a sucker's bet to invest in that stock. It loses money and I don't see it ever making money. In six months Trump will probably file to sell all he has to try to salvage something from it and it'll tank even more.

It's a sucker's bet to invest in that stock. It loses money and I don't see it ever making money. In six months Trump will probably file to sell all he has to try to salvage something from it and it'll tank even more.
lol… you don’t think Don hasn’t already leveraged his holdings on an ipo? That was set up 6 months before we heard about the “go public” crap…
Winning!! Sorry squabby. Like it or not… trumpy ain’t loosing in this.
What we are seeing is all rear view mirror.
It’s not personal. … well, almost not, now.
DJT is like Tyson fighting 6th grade democrats, who once drove a boat.
They got close!

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
lol… you don’t think Don hasn’t already leveraged his holdings on an ipo? That was set up 6 months before we heard about the “go public” crap…
Winning!! Sorry squabby. Like it or not… trumpy ain’t loosing in this.
What we are seeing is all rear view mirror.
It’s not personal. … well, almost not, now.
DJT is like Tyson fighting 6th grade democrats, who once drove a boat.
They got close!
How would he do that without breaking the law?

How would he do that without breaking the law?
The only way I could answer that is if I was 1) already a part of the swamp or 2) had enough $$ to pay CPA's/ attorney's that were in touch with swamp loop holes.
I am neither... But I damn sure bet you Donald is. And I'd double dog bet you that Pelosi has money in the IPO. That old hag aint up there because she cares about "her people" and I bet "Art of the Deal" knows to grease her palms just a bit... Just like Mitt did... Mcaine did.. sissienger.. Lock up robot Mitch McConnell
Trump knows, if you are dealing with serpents, feed them their favorite food... Swamp $$$ that doest cost you shit !!

I'll buy you 6 wings a beer and a shot, if Nancy didn't make money off this Trump IPO deal !

The only way I could answer that is if I was 1) already a part of the swamp or 2) had enough $$ to pay CPA's/ attorney's that were in touch with swamp loop holes.
I am neither... But I damn sure bet you Donald is. And I'd double dog bet you that Pelosi has money in the IPO. That old hag aint up there because she cares about "her people" and I bet "Art of the Deal" knows to grease her palms just a bit... Just like Mitt did... Mcaine did.. sissienger.. Lock up robot Mitch McConnell
Trump knows, if you are dealing with serpents, feed them their favorite food... Swamp $$$ that doest cost you shit !!

I'll buy you 6 wings a beer and a shot, if Nancy didn't make money off this Trump IPO deal !
I can read a post and know you wrote it. And I don’t mean that as a compliment.

Do you run MTG’s social media accounts too?

I can read a post and know you wrote it. And I don’t mean that as a compliment.

Do you run MTG’s social media accounts too?
Well MTG ain't got time to type, if I'm takin care of business. You can bet she is biting the pillow, like your mom on a Mike Lendell commercial. $25 for the set !!

• Haha
Well MTG ain't got time to type, if I'm takin care of business. You can bet she is biting the pillow, like your mom on a Mike Lendell commercial. $25 for the set !!
F you. You’re a dipshit. No, wait, dipshits still have a pea sized brain, you’re an imbecile. And bringing my mom into this, who I just left in a physical therapy rehab facility this evening? Go F yourself. Dumbass.

F you. You’re a dipshit. No, wait, dipshits still have a pea sized brain, you’re an imbecile. And bringing my mom into this, who I just left in a physical therapy rehab facility this evening? Go F yourself. Dumbass.
Seriously. You’re a moron.

So you think Trump is a swamp creature in cahoots with Nancy Pelosi? That’s one extremely disjointed post.

Easy there, killer.

"Yo momma'" references are as old as the hills. They are generic insults - and that one was pretty damn funny.

You must be getting nervous about your Boilers tonight.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
New knee, right? How's she doing? I bet she'll be back swimming in no time.
Yes indeed. She's doing well. Thanks for asking. She somehow wrangled her way into a very plush rehab facility for ~5 days. She was very relieved to find a brand new 42 inch screen in her room with ESPN and TBS show she could watch both Final Fours (men and women).

Surgeon said she can be back swimming in 4 weeks, maybe even 3 if the wound heals well.

Yes indeed. She's doing well. Thanks for asking. She somehow wrangled her way into a very plush rehab facility for ~5 days.

Good deal. Yeah, we managed to get a few days of inpatient rehab for SWMBO when she had her knees done. It would have been a shitshow otherwise.

Of course you don't
Didn't bother to do a search, did you.? Since I try to deal in facts (no idea what you deal in is called) I did a post search on my mentioning of the term "Ginni Thomas". Counting the initial response I made to you in this thread I came up with 3 times I mentioned the name Ginni Thomas.

In addition to just now (in this tread), there were two posts I mentioned her in 2018 (apparently before you graced us with your presence) and neither post suggested Thomas should recuse himself. In fact both dealt with her spreading misinformation thru her social media.

But that was 6 yrs ago before we were even aware of her role in Jan 6, or Jan 6 had even happened. Which means trying to falsely assert that I whined over recusal like you are doing here is a fabrication, if not outright lie. I doubt anyone here would be shocked to discover that you're once again dealing in misinformation. That's your MO...

Let's review how this got started. I made a statement that it was immaterial that Merchan's daughter was a "Democrat". I pointed out the blatant hypocrisy of you whining about her occupation, which has nothing to do with the case since she's not even in the same state, while simultaneously totally ignoring the Cannon factor.

For example, how often does a criminal defendant have a judge make rulings/preside over his case that he personally appointed? That doesn't bother you, but you're upset because the daughter of the judge in a case in NY where Stormy Daniels will testify about Trump's micro penis has a job in Chicago and is a Democrat? That bothers you, not the fact that Trump personally appointed Cannon and she will likely further benefit career wise if he's elected?

But you didn't even discuss Cannon, but instead tried to draw some false equivalence to my posts regarding Merchan and Ginni Thomas. But since as I've pointed out I haven't posted about GT, it's just another bad faith argument from you which you inevitably employ when the facts aren't on your side.

Last edited:
Barnes brought the 🔥 last night on the corrupt NY judges. Where is he wrong anyone? Start at the 53:00 mark.

I don't usually watch hour+ videos from people I agree with. Much less someone named "Barnes" that I've never heard of...

Why are you and he focussing on what you call "corrupt judges" and ignoring the criminal conduct that Trump engaged in which got him charged/indicted in the first place? You really think Trump didn't do any of the things he's been indicted for?

I haven't heard a single Trump lawyer defend him on the basis of he did not commit these acts. They just seem intent to rely on public opinion and convincing his cult that the laws/system are unfair.

They have no defense to present in court because he's clearly guilty. He just wants to delay all of the cases and pretend he's not guilty. Not exactly the actions of an innocent man eager to have his day in court.

• Haha
Didn't bother to do a search, did you.? Since I try to deal in facts (no idea what you deal in is called) I did a post search on my mentioning of the term "Ginni Thomas". Counting the initial response I made to you in this thread I came up with 3 times I mentioned the name Ginni Thomas.

In addition to just now (in this tread), there were two posts I mentioned her in 2018 (apparently before you graced us with your presence) and neither post suggested Thomas should recuse himself. In fact both dealt with her spreading misinformation thru her social media.

But that was 6 yrs ago before we were even aware of her role in Jan 6. Which means trying to falsely assert that I whined over recusal like you are doing here is a fabrication if not outright lie. I doubt anyone hear would be shocked to discover that you're once again dealing in misinformation. That's your MO...

Let's review how this got started. I made a statement that it was immaterial that Merchan's daughter was a "Democrat". I pointed out the blatant hypocrisy of you whining about her occupation, which has nothing to do with the case since she's not even in the same state, while simultaneously totally ignoring the Cannon factor.

For example, how often does a criminal defendant have a judge make rulings/preside over his case that he personally appointed? That doesn't bother you, but you're upset because the daughter of the judge in a case in NY where Stormy Daniels will testify about Trump's micro penis has a job in Chicago and is a Democrat? That bothers you, not the fact that Trump personally appointed Cannon and she will likely further benefit career wise if he's elected?

But you didn't even discuss Cannon, but instead tried to draw some false equivalence to my posts regarding Merchan and Ginni Thomas. But since as I've pointed out I haven't posted about GT, it's just another bad faith argument from you which you employ when the facts aren't on your side.

He's also ignoring the fact that the issue some posters have with Ginni wasn't simply because she's a Republican or worked for the party.

There is no comparison between participating in J6 and simply being a Democrat (or Republican).

• Haha
You really think Trump didn't do any of the things he's been indicted for?
I think he (and others like him) truly believes that with every fiber of his being. They actually believe all 88 counts are bullshit, that it's a witch hunt, the Deep State is behind it, etc. On Monday they'll claim Biden is nothing but a senile old fool and the next day he's the mastermind of the DOJ, pulling all the strings and calling all the shots. Of course, there is absolutely no evidence that Biden has guided any of these investigations or prosecutions.

Most of the far-righties here are big social media people. The algorithms are feeding them massive quantities of bullshit every day. They've lost (assuming they ever had it) the ability to critically think and to formulate an original idea. They just repost shit from influencers who are looking for followers, clicks, an audience for podcasts, commercial compensation, etc.

I think it's a bit different for danc and a few others. I don't know that they're spending hours on social media every day, but they've got a couple of favorite sites (e.g. The Gateway Pundit) that spew out fake news and bat-shit cracy conspiracy theories. People in that category aren't really interested in information. They just want affirmation of their preconceived notions and beliefs, and they find sites that oblige. It's a lot easier being spoon-fed nonsense that supports a preexisting ideology than to read from a variety of sources and think critically.

Another big factor in the MAGA movement is the argumentum ad nauseam/argument by repetition fallacy. Trump is the master of it. He'll just repeat lies over and over. There are multiple psychological studies showing that many people, if they keep hearing the same lie over and over, will ultimately believe it to be true. There's one guy here who uses that as his go-to fallacy as well. Regardless of the political thread, he'll regurgitate the same three or four talking points every day, almost verbatim. You know what he's going to write before he writes it. He's also big on the Appeal to Authority fallacy, presenting himself as the authority. "I've already posted about this 50 times ..." Implicit in that is ".... so it must be true."

Last edited:
Barnes brought the 🔥 last night on the corrupt NY judges. Where is he wrong anyone? Start at the 53:00 mark.

OK. I watched about 5 minutes. Here's where he's wrong:

1. His tie. It can't get more wrong;

2. The plaid pattern on his waistcoat doesn't flatter his flabby figure; go with pinstripes.

3. He's arguing from an explicit anarchist view of government. I don't have enough space to tell you why anarchism is wrong.

4. He says Trump didn't get a jury trial and that is an abuse of power. But the statute doesn't allow one and his own lawyers didn't request one. If you were a lawyer, you would know that that is the end of that. Since you're not, I'll direct you to look up the term "waiver." Trump could have tried to challenge whether he was entitled to a jury, but he didn't. That's why you hire experienced, smart lawyers, not baddies.

5. He says Engeron should be impeached by Congress. Engeron is a state court judge. Congress can't do that.

6. He says law schools teach that judges are perfect, impartial, discerners of the law--some type of philosopher king from Plato. While that might be the goal--maybe even a partial justification for the role of an independent judiciary in a democracy--no law school teaches judges are perfect. In fact, from day one, you read cases and learn how they got it wrong--that's how law profs get excited. If his law school taught him that, he went to a really bad law school (he didn't; he went to U of Wisconsin which is mid, but not bad).

7. He brags about arguing with a law professor his first year about "laws" v. "men" ruling us. That's a signal to you about what kind of person this is. Heed it. It's also telling that he doesn't understand the logical end point of that type of argument w/r/t our system and his notion that it isn't working w/r/t Trump.

I'm sure I could go on if I watched more. He's a weird dude.*

*It looks like he defended Alex Jones in the Sandy Hook case for a while and brags about it on his website. So he has a demented moral compass.

But that was 6 yrs ago before we were even aware of her role in Jan 6, or Jan 6 had even happened. Which means trying to falsely assert that I whined over recusal like you are doing here is a fabrication, if not outright lie. I doubt anyone here would be shocked to discover that you're once again dealing in misinformation. That's your MO...

But you didn't even discuss Cannon, but instead tried to draw some false equivalence to my posts regarding Merchan and Ginni Thomas. But since as I've pointed out I haven't posted about GT, it's just another bad faith argument from you which you inevitably employ when the facts aren't on your side.
It doesn't matter which of you mental degenerates mentioned her - you were in agreement.

Stop being disingenuous.

It doesn't matter which of you mental degenerates mentioned her - you were in agreement.

Stop being disingenuous.
Well that's certainly different...You make something up regarding what I posted. And then when I give you the oppty to provide an example of me posting what you claim I posted, then you shift the goal post to tell me what I was thinking yet never posted?

You must be NostraDANCus...

Well that's certainly different...You make something up regarding what I posted. And then when I give you the oppty to provide an example of me posting what you claim I posted, then you shift the goal post to tell me what I was thinking yet never posted?

You must be NostraDANCus...

the C in DANC stands for Cleo. Mr. Cleo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT