ADVERTISEMENT

20% (12) of Final Four (60) are from Indiana. Let that sink in.

Folks, c'mon. He's at the Final 4, where I believe they still have coaches meetings. It's where he's supposed to be...you know, for work? None of you have ever played golf while working? Unless you're one of 2 teams, most D1 coaches are playing some golf this weekend.
WORD.

His 2023-2024 roster construction is fair game for criticism. And deservedly so.
And the thin recruiting class he has to show for all the trips to Sarasota this year, while not acting very interested in attending some HS games in-state. And his 1980s-style of offense. And a team of piss-poor 3pt shooters....and piss-poor FT shooters. And mediocre rebounders. And seemingly lack of any personal accountably during post-game pressers after countinous 20 pt beatdowns by the better teams in the nation.

But not a Sunday morning round of golf.

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and kkott
Folks, c'mon. He's at the Final 4, where I believe they still have coaches meetings. It's where he's supposed to be...you know, for work? None of you have ever played golf while working? Unless you're one of 2 teams, most D1 coaches are playing some golf this weekend.

Heh, you mistake me for somebody who is busting Woody's balls for the sake of it. I was simply replying to Cav's post about golf in AZ being the real reason he turned down the NIT and jokingly saying there was plenty of time for both. Humor is my coping mechanism, but if I'm being serious then:

It doesn't bother me that they declined an NIT invite, I figured it was for the best as they would've been undermanned and likely gotten drilled by a directional anyway. I used to care about how the sausage was made so to speak when it came to the the basketball program, doing it "the right way" and all that. Well, the landscape has changed a ton since then and at this point in my several decades long support for this program, I only care about the results in the W/L column. I don't care HOW it gets done or WHO does it. Hell, I hope it IS Woody that gets it done so we don't have to start over yet again (prolly eff it up anyway).

On a day when the PUkes are playing for a title, and doing it the way we used to do it, it dawns on me that I'm just old and tired...

WORD.

His 2023-2024 roster construction is fair game for criticism. And deservedly so.
And the thin recruiting class he has to show for all the trips to Sarasota this year, while not acting very interested in attending some HS games in-state. And his 1980s-style of offense. And a team of piss-poor 3pt shooters....and piss-poor FT shooters. And mediocre rebounders. And seemingly lack of any personal accountably during post-game pressers after countinous 20 pt beatdowns by the better teams in the nation.

But not a Sunday morning round of golf.
All fair and reasonable. I'm just saying this round of golf is a total non-starter. In this instance, it's part of his job. It's less of a big deal than a normal Sunday morning round of golf because it's at the F4. I'd wager over half of all Power 5 college coaches played golf in the Phoenix area this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT