ADVERTISEMENT

2 months to Kickoff

Roll eyes

I called you out for trolling another poster on our board. At least you are honest about being a pu fan.
Do you know how many times I have been called an IU fan on GBI for being realistic about Purdue. I spent last off-season saying we were gonna go 8-4 in the 2022 regular season. SDboiler and 20 other guys called me an IU fan.

Similar when I said that Purdue would be better off transferring out Gillis and Morton right along with Newman.. as both are overrated.

Sometimes people can love IU and just be very realistic about how they feel.

Shit I got called an IU fan for saying it was over a few games into Darrell hazell’s THIRD season lol.

But my favorite one was being a “bitter bears fan” for thinking John shoop couldn’t coach.

Which brings me to my next point. A lot of Purdue fans are from the Chicago area like me. I didn’t grow up running smack with IU fans in school. I grew up learning that Illinois fans think they are IU during Bobby knight in basketball and Michigan in football.. even though they are Illinois in both.

I guess you guys don’t annoy me as much as we annoy you. Have I argued with people here? Hell yes. But boilerN can tell you that if I see something I think is incorrect from a Purdue fan, I’m gonna probably argue even more vigorously.

Like “hey come on, Eric Miller and Dale Williams aren’t that bad” Tom dienhart (yes they were).

And that’s why I’ve been banned on GBI 100 more times than here lol

Do you know how many times I have been called an IU fan on GBI for being realistic about Purdue. I spent last off-season saying we were gonna go 8-4 in the 2022 regular season. SDboiler and 20 other guys called me an IU fan.

Similar when I said that Purdue would be better off transferring out Gillis and Morton right along with Newman.. as both are overrated.

Shit I got called an IU fan for saying it was over a few games into Darrell hazell’s THIRD season lol.

But my favorite one was being a “bitter bears fan” for thinking John shoop couldn’t coach.

Which brings me to my next point. A lot of Purdue fans are from the Chicago area like me. I didn’t grow up running smack with IU fans in school. I grew up learning that Illinois fans think they are IU during Bobby knight in basketball and Michigan in football.. even though they are Illinois in both.

I guess you guys don’t annoy me as much as we annoy you. Have I argued with people here? Hell yes. But boilerN can tell you that if I see something I think is incorrect from a Purdue fan, I’m gonna probably argue even more vigorously.

Like “hey come on, Eric Miller and Dale Williams aren’t that bad” Tom dienhart (yes they were).

More PUke.

Did the poster ever back up his statement or not? I’ve looked and can’t find anything from either of them. This is the kind of nonsense that has destroyed our hoops board here.

Did the poster ever back up his statement or not? I’ve looked and can’t find anything from either of them. This is the kind of nonsense that has destroyed our hoops board here.
By the way, GBI has been garbage for as long as I’ve been posting there. I just love the drama of a small program trying to make it in the big ten. But how GBI works is… if someone agrees with Brian neubert, they can call you every name in the book just for being realistic. If you simply take a challenging tone toward them, you’re gone.

I got banned from Purdue on3 for saying IF Kanon catchings was indeed decommitting… IF .. it was either NIL or because of Purdue’s dipshit tournament showings. As I’m getting called every name in the book, neubert aka Louis skolnick, writes a comment that says “none of this is because of NIL or the tournament,” then bans me for asking one of my name callers if he feels like a man..

Also, I come from a blue collar neighborhood south of Chicago. I found most people at Purdue to be the kind of people who probably tried to start fights in high school.. only to have the guy they started with find out that their mommy knows the principal and they may get expelled.. for real.

Reactions: vesuvius13
By the way, GBI has been garbage for as long as I’ve been posting there. I just love the drama of a small program trying to make it in the big ten. But how GBI works is… if someone agrees with Brian neubert, they can call you every name in the book just for being realistic. If you simply take a challenging tone toward them, you’re gone.

I got banned from Purdue on3 for saying IF Kanon catchings was indeed decommitting… IF .. it was either NIL or because of Purdue’s dipshit tournament showings. As I’m getting called every name in the book, neubert aka Louis skolnick, writes a comment that says “none of this is because of NIL or the tournament,” then bans me for asking one of my name callers if he feels like a man..

Also, I come from a blue collar neighborhood south of Chicago. I found most people at Purdue to be the kind of people who probably tried to start fights in high school.. only to have the guy they started with find out that their mommy knows the principal and they may get expelled.. for real.
...absolutely heartbreaking...

I feel your pain in another area. As a mostly objective independent moderate politically I get called a "maga" by the more extremem left and a "libtard" by the more extreme right quite regularly on the water cooler board. All that tells me is that I have pretty good perspective.

These boards are better when we have fans/grads of other schools here sharing and debating. I like it. I even had a lot of fun spars with Heller (RIP), Boiler33, Amen Corner and other pu guys.

My policy for a long long time has been "you get what you give" Be generally respectful and don't lie or troll and you get the same from me. Once you go nuts and/or make crap up...you won't get respect from me. Destewart will back that up as would BoiilerN would have until he got nasty for some odd rerason. I stuck up for "Gilligan" as i have always referred to him until fairly recently...he threw that out the window. One career pu troll here lost me likely nine of his user names ago. Hell, I even reached out to him personally maybe six of his user names ago and offered peace...he melted down on me like a toddler. That won't happen again.

My point in this ramble is that you are good by me. There is plenty to criticize with every program, including this one.

I feel your pain in another area. As a mostly objective independent moderate politically I get called a "maga" by the more extremem left and a "libtard" by the more extreme right quite regularly on the water cooler board. All that tells me is that I have pretty good perspective.

These boards are better when we have fans/grads of other schools here sharing and debating. I like it. I even had a lot of fun spars with Heller (RIP), Boiler33, Amen Corner and other pu guys.

My policy for a long long time has been "you get what you give" Be generally respectful and don't lie or troll and you get the same from me. Once you go nuts and/or make crap up...you won't get respect from me. Destewart will back that up as would BoiilerN would have until he got nasty for some odd rerason. I stuck up for "Gilligan" as i have always referred to him until fairly recently...he threw that out the window. One career pu troll here lost me likely nine of his user names ago. Hell, I even reached out to him personally maybe six of his user names ago and offered peace...he melted down on me like a toddler. That won't happen again.

My point in this ramble is that you are good by me. There is plenty to criticize with every program, including this one.
Lol, I've treated you with nothing but respect. I don't insult others, I don't tear others down, I don't name call. I talk sports and sometimes disagree with takes, including yours, but I never attack others in an insulting, demeaning, nasty way. Glad you decided to quit calling me Gilligan. Shame it had to come on your terms vs when I asked you not to....

I participate in general discussion and sometimes get distracted by those who only care to insult and tear down others and make sure to tell people they don't agree with they are wrong and not reason (not you). I don't make crap up up make crap up though. Sometimes I'm wrong and I'll step back off that ledge when I am. I try to stay reasonable. Need to mute people that don't have interest so I can get back to good discussion.

Lol, I've treated you with nothing but respect. I don't insult others, I don't tear others down, I don't name call. I talk sports and sometimes disagree with takes, including yours, but I never attack others in an insulting, demeaning, nasty way. Glad you decided to quit calling me Gilligan. Shame it had to come on your terms vs when I asked you not to....

I participate in general discussion and sometimes get distracted by those who only care to insult and tear down others and make sure to tell people they don't agree with they are wrong and not reason (not you). I don't make crap up up make crap up though. Sometimes I'm wrong and I'll step back off that ledge when I am. I try to stay reasonable. Need to mute people that don't have interest so I can get back to good discussion.
you were that guy, which is why I stuck up for you when others attacked. Until you weren't.

Like I say, with me you get what you give. I don't hold grudges, door is open.

you were that guy, which is why I stuck up for you when others attacked. Until you weren't.

Like I say, with me you get what you give. I don't hold grudges, door is open.
What is there to hold a grudge on? Honest question. Other than getting distracted by trolls, I'm still that guy. Not sure what else I've become or done. As I mute trolls to focus on discussion, we will see how long it takes for you to "let me in".

Stop feeding them and then everyone who wants to talk IU football can resume our normal broadcast day . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerN
What is there to hold a grudge on? Honest question. Other than getting distracted by trolls, I'm still that guy. Not sure what else I've become or done. As I mute trolls to focus on discussion, we will see how long it takes for you to "let me in".
Your call.

• Haha
Reactions: 82IU and BoilerN

To piggyback on what you said, IMO we have the best sport, college football. And you get fans who don’t want to talk about it with other fans. I love college football talk. I have no problem with Iowa fans coming to our board as an example to say that “hey this is our team, I think we can go 10-2, here’s our strength and weaknesses.” People might complain, but without that, it ends up with threads like “what’s your favorite ice cream”

Mostly it doesn’t matter what we think. I can say “IU is my rival I hope they go 1-11”.. okay, if they are destined to go 7-5 or 5-7 or 9-3, no amount of my wishing is gonna change that.

To piggyback on what you said, IMO we have the best sport, college football. And you get fans who don’t want to talk about it with other fans. I love college football talk. I have no problem with Iowa fans coming to our board as an example to say that “hey this is our team, I think we can go 10-2, here’s our strength and weaknesses.” People might complain, but without that, it ends up with threads like “what’s your favorite ice cream”

Mostly it doesn’t matter what we think. I can say “IU is my rival I hope they go 1-11”.. okay, if they are destined to go 7-5 or 5-7 or 9-3, no amount of my wishing is gonna change that.
I am as guilty of “look a squirrel” as anyone and it is amazing to see threads evolve and devolve. Part of the charm of these communities.

Coffee chocolate chip

Schedule doesn't line up well for a bowl game.

One of our crossover games is against the likely best team in the West division, Wisconsin. We'll likely be an underdog in 8 out of the 9 conference games (Rutgers). And one of our non-conf is against a really solid LVille team.

I think that Louisville game will say a lot about what kind of team we have. We'll get thumped by OSU. And then we'll beat ISU. LVille had a very solid season last year, and overall, have more talent than we do most years. If we win that game, I'll allow myself to get a little excited.

Reactions: ESalum86
Schedule doesn't line up well for a bowl game.

One of our crossover games is against the likely best team in the West division, Wisconsin. We'll likely be an underdog in 8 out of the 9 conference games (Rutgers). And one of our non-conf is against a really solid LVille team.

I think that Louisville game will say a lot about what kind of team we have. We'll get thumped by OSU. And then we'll beat ISU. LVille had a very solid season last year, and overall, have more talent than we do most years. If we win that game, I'll allow myself to get a little excited.
I just don't get the Wisconsin hype. I have Iowa winning the west.

Iowa 10 wins
Illinois 9 wins
Wisconsin 8 wins
Minnesota 6 wins
Purdue 6 wins
Nebraska 5 wins
Northwestern do they win?

I just don't get the Wisconsin hype. I have Iowa winning the west.

Iowa 10 wins
Illinois 9 wins
Wisconsin 8 wins
Minnesota 6 wins
Purdue 6 wins
Nebraska 5 wins
Northwestern do they win?
I would flip Wisconsin and Illinois and probably bring Iowa back a bit. Looks like all seven teams will have new starting quarterbacks, which will mean the best defenses are likely to separate the top teams from everyone else.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I would flip Wisconsin and Illinois and probably bring Iowa back a bit. Looks like all seven teams will have new starting quarterbacks, which will mean the best defenses are likely to separate the top teams from everyone else.
I refuse to buy the Wisconsin hype. They weren't good last year and completely changing schemes. Moreso than Purdue. Honestly, I could make a case for any of the top 5 winning the west.

I refuse to buy the Wisconsin hype. They weren't good last year and completely changing schemes. Moreso than Purdue. Honestly, I could make a case for any of the top 5 winning the west.
They’ll likely be pretty solid running the ball, though, and their defense will be pretty formidable. They or Iowa are probably 1 and 2.

I’m fairly positive that I heard Fickell say that they weren’t going 100% to the new scheme this year. Longo is a hell of a OC and with what they had with Braylon Allen and an upgrade at QB with Mordecai, I’d buy before I’d sell.

They’ll likely be pretty solid running the ball, though, and their defense will be pretty formidable. They or Iowa are probably 1 and 2.
Ya, probably right, but it was last year and it didn't go far. Leonard is gone now. Long term, I think they will be good.

I’m fairly positive that I heard Fickell say that they weren’t going 100% to the new scheme this year. Longo is a hell of a OC and with what they had with Braylon Allen and an upgrade at QB with Mordecai, I’d buy before I’d sell.
Long term, I'm buying. Should win 9 or 10 a year there

Ya, probably right, but it was last year and it didn't go far. Leonard is gone now. Long term, I think they will be good.
New staff always makes for an adjustment period, but they’re solid up front (on both sides) and Allen and Mellusi are a very good combination at RB. I would think they’ll let Mordecai out of the yard somewhat, especially with their upgrade at WR, but they’re still really good on the OL, and that will help their O a great deal.

He will win there, however the west schedule advantage will go away.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I loved it when the 'Cradle of Quarterbacks' hired a Defensive Coordinator with no HC experience.

Did we have anyone move from our Athletic Department to Purdue?

Interesting viewpoint. FYI, the four winningest percentage wise coaches in Purdue football history were all Coaches with experience grounded on defense. Ranked in order they were Noble Kizer, Jack Mollenkopf, Jim Young and Joe Tiller. Kizer and Mollenkopf were both first time head coaches.

Big Ten Media Days ….

July 26-27, 2023 Lucas Oil Stadium
CTA keeps climbing the tenure list … Ferentz remains the Dean.

7-26
11:00 – 11:15 a.m.Bret Bielema, IllinoisTranscript | Video
11:15 – 11:30 a.m.Greg Schiano, RutgersTranscript | Video
11:30 – 11:45 a.m.Mel Tucker, Michigan StateTranscript | Video
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Pat Fitzgerald, NorthwesternTranscript | Video
12:00 – 12:15 p.m.James Franklin, Penn StateTranscript | Video
12:15 – 12:30 p.m.Kirk Ferentz, IowaTranscript | Video
12:30 – 12:45 p.m.Ryan Day, Ohio StateTranscript | Video
7-27
11:00 – 11:15 a.m.Tom Allen, IndianaTranscript | Video
11:15 – 11:30 a.m.Michael Locksley, MarylandTranscript | Video
11:30 – 11:45 a.m.P.J. Fleck, MinnesotaTranscript | Video
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Ryan Walters, PurdueTranscript | Video
12:00 – 12:15 p.m.Matt Rhule, NebraskaTranscript | Video
12:15 – 12:30 p.m.Luke Fickell, WisconsinTranscript | Video
12:30 – 12:45 p.m.Jim Harbaugh, MichiganTranscript | Video

https://www.lucasoilstadium.com/event/b1g-football-media-days/#:~:text=The 2023 Big Ten Football,ahead of the new season.
“Redshirt senior linebacker Aaron Casey, sophomore running back Jaylin Lucas and redshirt senior defensive back Noah Pierre will represent Indiana football at the 2023 Big Ten Football Media Days in Indianapolis, the team announced Wednesday afternoon.”

https://www.idsnews.com/article/202...ey-jaylin-lucas-noah-pierre-big-ten-media-day

Interesting viewpoint. FYI, the four winningest percentage wise coaches in Purdue football history were all Coaches with experience grounded on defense. Ranked in order they were Noble Kizer, Jack Mollenkopf, Jim Young and Joe Tiller. Kizer and Mollenkopf were both first time head coaches.
Tiller? He was touted for his Offense.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about Purdue coaches - not worth my time.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

I’d argue tha Tiller’s background leaned more heavily toward offense although he spent time as a DC at a previous stop. He was an OL in college himself.

Tiller? He was touted for his Offense.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about Purdue coaches - not worth my time.
Tiller was an AHC, DC, and DL coach at Purdue before he touched the offense. He was DC on a Purdue team that beat Michigan, OSU, and Notre Dame in the same season.

As you pointed out, defensive coaches can make good offensive coaches.

Tiller was an AHC, DC, and DL coach at Purdue before he touched the offense. He was DC on a Purdue team that beat Michigan, OSU, and Notre Dame in the same season.

As you pointed out, defensive coaches can make good offensive coaches.
Barry Alvarez was a career defensive coach and was ND’s D coordinator when Donna Shalala and Pat Richter hired him at Wisconsin, where his teams were known for their offensive approach (specifically, their power running game). Plenty of D coaches can and do become excellent offensive stewards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT