ADVERTISEMENT

Young talent

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
Very optimistic about the young talent we have. Penix, Reese, Fryfogle, Scott, Fitzgerald and others. Our skill looks good. The Minor injury and the Harris departure really hurt our D. Hopefully Bryant and Reece can add to our young base. CTA is high on Shamar Jones also. Very optimistic about this program.

Very optimistic about the young talent we have. Penix, Reese, Fryfogle, Scott, Fitzgerald and others. Our skill looks good. The Minor injury and the Harris departure really hurt our D. Hopefully Bryant and Reece can add to our young base. CTA is high on Shamar Jones also. Very optimistic about this program.
What happened to Isaac James? He was supposed to back up Ball at Husky and have not heard anything about him. That kid can fly so I'm surprised they don't get him involved.

A huge learning curve on defense right now. Was a bit disappointed in the DL as we have some guys in there who have played the previous seasons and didn’t get much push and missed guys running off tackle plays that bounced outside. I mean, that group isn’t all newbies.
Barwick, Bowen, Robinson, Johnson, Stallings played extensive minutes last year. There are some newbies that will be called upon to help. Alfred Bryant, James Head, Samuels.

The secondary had guys that just didn’t seem comfortable at all. Riggins had a down game. Marcelino at the Husky was often just a few inches knocking down passes and seemed to be out in open areas not in coverage They threw the ball over his outstretched hands at least 3 occasions. A big freshman learning experience. Burgess, Khalil Bryant, Fitzgerald, Jaylin Williams. A lot of confusion in coverage that needs to be cleaned up quickly.

How is the development of Alfred Bryant and Tramar Reese? They both came aboard in the 2016 class, I was hoping to see good things this year from those two.

We need to have this group overachieve. They should be able to do that with our strength and conditioning program coupled with Hagen coaching them up. At the end of the day, Indiana must do a better job of recruiting the front seven on defense. Playing Ohio State every year, along with Michigan, MSU, and PSU, we need good ingredients to work with here.

How is the development of Alfred Bryant and Tramar Reese? They both came aboard in the 2016 class, I was hoping to see good things this year from those two.

We need to have this group overachieve. They should be able to do that with our strength and conditioning program coupled with Hagen coaching them up. At the end of the day, Indiana must do a better job of recruiting the front seven on defense. Playing Ohio State every year, along with Michigan, MSU, and PSU, we need good ingredients to work with here.

Watching the film and the DL closely, they didn’t seem to play with intensity. Kind of trying to feel their way around. I watched a couple guys give up on plays that bounced outside. Won’t point out names.

DL is an area these coaches need to look heavily at the JUCO ranks this winter (not Juan Harris, please). Can certainly offer immediate PT if good enough.

I think it will get better. I'm expecting more fight out of these guys this Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT