You know what Bob Knight didn't do?

C-$izzle

Newcomer
Nov 3, 2014
gSddggA.jpg

Lose to Northwestern 8 of 12 times...

The General

Re: Is that Pic real or photoshopped? nm

It's real, Bob Knight never lost that many times to Northwestern.

Even national media is into this laughing stock...

@bomani_jones: wait what? RT @Loretta8_SoP: Tom Crean is about to fall to 4-8 in his career against Northwestern.

@bomani_jones: has anyone, like ever, been 4-8 against northwestern?

@bomani_jones: i don't give a damn if indiana was no probation, got the death penalty, whatever…it can't EVER lose eight of 12 to northwestern.

@slmandel: Northwestern has won four straight Big Ten games for the first time in 48 years.

Bob Knight's career record vs. Northwestern

While at IU, not accounting for three seasons during the 70s where I couldn't find a schedule/results, Bob Knight went 42-3 against Northwestern. During the last nine seasons of Knight's at IU, which were some of his most mediocre by his standards, he was undefeated.

#mediocrity

The General Robert Montgomery Knight is no longer at IU, and Kirk Ferentz isn't at Iowa either. There is a new order with Northwestern as a result. Learn to live with it as the Squawks have in football.

Getting rid of the General was the dumbest thing you guys ever did. I thought he was the greatest coach in the game. The biggest tragedy for NU hoops was when we decided not to bring him to NU from Army and he ended up at IU instead. I prayed that NU would get rid of Carmody and hire him. Those of you who speak ill of this great legend should be ashamed of yourselves. After all he did for IU.

Well, we got Chris Collins instead, and I'll take that. Get ready for more beatdowns and an extension of your losing streak to NU in the future, because Collins is going to make us into the Duke of the Midwest. Believe it. We are playing a ton of freshmen this year and so it's been rough, but the light finally went on the past four games. They are only going to get bigger and wiser, and the bench is only going to get deeper.

Again, I'm not here to talk trash. Just telling you how things are going to be moving forward.

Originally posted by EvanstonCat:
The General Robert Montgomery Knight is no longer at IU, and Kirk Ferentz isn't at Iowa either. There is a new order with Northwestern as a result. Learn to live with it as the Squawks have in football.

Getting rid of the General was the dumbest thing you guys ever did. I thought he was the greatest coach in the game. The biggest tragedy for NU hoops was when we decided not to bring him to NU from Army and he ended up at IU instead. I prayed that NU would get rid of Carmody and hire him. Those of you who speak ill of this great legend should be ashamed of yourselves. After all he did for IU.

Well, we got Chris Collins instead, and I'll take that. Get ready for more beatdowns and an extension of your losing streak to NU in the future, because Collins is going to make us into the Duke of the Midwest. Believe it. We are playing a ton of freshmen this year and so it's been rough, but the light finally went on the past four games. They are only going to get bigger and wiser, and the bench is only going to get deeper.

Again, I'm not here to talk trash. Just telling you how things are going to be moving forward.
Oh lordy this is rich, a NW troll with spit on the lip...how cute. Trolling the Hoosiers hard, then you go and drag my boys into the mix as well. So...

24-49-3 vs. Iowa all-time in FB (48-7 on the scoreboard last time we played a few months ago, that's 2 NW losses in a row BTW)

18-51 vs. Iowa since 79/80 season in BB (Can't find the all-time, but I'd bet good money it's considerably gloomier)

Here's an idea. How about your pathetic BB program manage to make the NCAA tourney field ONE FREAKING TIME IN THEIR PATHETIC HISTORY FIRST before you come trolling around on other team's message boards telling us all "how things are going to be moving forward"? Wouldn't that be a good starting point prior to your imbecilic premature pontifications?

Leave the Hoosier brethren be, they've had a rough night and are obviously frustrated with the current state of their team. I'm sure you can relate as frustrated is the perpetual status of your BB team. The Hoosiers can take solace that this will be merely a temporary issue while your athletic program will continue to flounder and fail consistently, that much is certain.

Better gird your loins for your team's visit to Iowa City a week from Sunday, and bring a squeegee so you can scrape the remnants of your players from our parquet floor afterwards.

Lastly, tell your NW buddy Wilbon to take his unwarranted character assassinations of our fine BB coach and stuff it up his immense biased rump. I thought your school and their alums took pride in journalistic integrity and fairness, but I see that ship has sailed some time ago.

Hang in there Hoosiers, I'm honestly pulling for you (except when you're playing Iowa of course, but you knew that already)

I'm out!

Originally posted by Obviously Oblivious:
Oh lordy this is rich, a NW troll with spit on the lip...how cute. Trolling the Hoosiers hard, then you go and drag my boys into the mix as well. So...
You're the troll. But I understand the sensitivity.

People on this board are bemoaning the fact that IU is 4-8 against NU the past 6 years.

For what it's worth, your Hawkeyes are 6-7 against NU over the same period.

Deal with it.

Originally posted by Obviously Oblivious:
Originally posted by EvanstonCat:

24-49-3 vs. Iowa all-time in FB (48-7 on the scoreboard last time we played a few months ago, that's 2 NW losses in a row BTW)

18-51 vs. Iowa since 79/80 season in BB (Can't find the all-time, but I'd bet good money it's considerably gloomier)

Here's an idea. How about your pathetic BB program manage to make the NCAA tourney field ONE FREAKING TIME IN THEIR PATHETIC HISTORY FIRST before you come trolling around on other team's message boards telling us all "how things are going to be moving forward"? Wouldn't that be a good starting point prior to your imbecilic premature pontifications?

Leave the Hoosier brethren be, they've had a rough night and are obviously frustrated with the current state of their team. I'm sure you can relate as frustrated is the perpetual status of your BB team. The Hoosiers can take solace that this will be merely a temporary issue while your athletic program will continue to flounder and fail consistently, that much is certain.

Better gird your loins for your team's visit to Iowa City a week from Sunday, and bring a squeegee so you can scrape the remnants of your players from our parquet floor afterwards.

Lastly, tell your NW buddy Wilbon to take his unwarranted character assassinations of our fine BB coach and stuff it up his immense biased rump. I thought your school and their alums took pride in journalistic integrity and fairness, but I see that ship has sailed some time ago.

Hang in there Hoosiers, I'm honestly pulling for you (except when you're playing Iowa of course, but you knew that already)

I'm out!

I can clearly see that all the many heartbreaking losses to NU that ruined football seasons for Iowa over the past decade have really gotten to you. Much like getting knocked out of the conference basketball tournament had you scolding your pigs for weeks last year. How much did you beat your pigs after your last loss to NU in basketball. It's now become a losing streak hasn't it?

[/B]

Thanks. Just didn't remember that they had talked, if in fact

RMK even said anything. Looked like CTC did all the talking. Had even forgot that RMK did that game. Did he ever say IU? lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT