ADVERTISEMENT

You know it's bad when Vitale jumps off your bandwagon and attacks you.

Of course, one of Dickie's prime stats and first out of his mouth: Deflections!

And I only listened because you said something. I ffwd thru 2nd half at 4x speed.

Vitale is another one of the ESPN talking heads that said Crean was a "great" hire for IU. Now anyone with a half-functional brain knew it wasn't from Crean's time at Marquette. but not Dickie.

Penis Vitale is also the same guy that defended Jim Boeheim from criticism on academic issues at Syracuse.

Vitale should be retired, and his opinion is virtually worthless.

Vitale is another one of the ESPN talking heads that said Crean was a "great" hire for IU. Now anyone with a half-functional brain knew it wasn't from Crean's time at Marquette. but not Dickie.

Penis Vitale is also the same guy that defended Jim Boeheim from criticism on academic issues at Syracuse.

Truth.

He's an ESPN cheerleader.....nothing more. And a fk'ing ugly and annoying one at that.....

Truth.

He's an ESPN cheerleader.....nothing more. And a fk'ing ugly and annoying one at that.....
But it's getting bad when a cheerleader is attacking you.

Saw a twitter update last night from ESPN about IU. They choose to use a pic of Crean with his tongue out.

But it's getting bad when a cheerleader is attacking you.

Saw a twitter update last night from ESPN about IU. They choose to use a pic of Crean with his tongue out.
He's become a national joke ... fans from Vermont to Santa Clara are laughing at him.

Why is he our coach?

I finally got the nerve to listen to Crean's postgame presser. He kept saying it was December 3rd and 8 games into the season. Does he think that going downhill in the first 8 games is a trend that can be fixed? He talked about getting better. The team first has to stop getting worse. I don't think a fix is possible.

When Crean said we are 8 games in, he probably thinks there is time to turn this around. Most of us are thinking, we are 8 games in and should be playing better and not worse than game 1. Duke played 7 people. Crean keeps talking about building depth. I heard out of his mouth that people wouldn't agree with his substitution patterns in the first 8 games. The deep bench theory isn't working. Time to cut our bench play to 8 players unless we have foul trouble.

Reactions: mike41703
I finally got the nerve to listen to Crean's postgame presser. He kept saying it was December 3rd and 8 games into the season. Does he think that going downhill in the first 8 games is a trend that can be fixed? He talked about getting better. The team first has to stop getting worse. I don't think a fix is possible.

When Crean said we are 8 games in, he probably thinks there is time to turn this around. Most of us are thinking, we are 8 games in and should be playing better and not worse than game 1. Duke played 7 people. Crean keeps talking about building depth. I heard out of his mouth that people wouldn't agree with his substitution patterns in the first 8 games. The deep bench theory isn't working. Time to cut our bench play to 8 players unless we have foul trouble.
The amount of players used is not Crean's substitution issue. He's no worse than average on amount of depth used compared to most coaches. Though he does tend to stick with larger rotations later in season, this is early in the year. Many teams are still running 9 guys on average. Duke has a short bench this year, but they are the exception not the rule.. We're basically using 8. So, amount of players is a moot point. OG getting 4 stints of less then 2 minutes each barely had any positive or negative impact in the game. Duke's core rotation of 7 players accounted for 99.9% of their minutes. 8 players accounted for 96% of ours.

His issue is the amount of times he substitutes, (yanking them in and out) which is considerably over the average and which players he's subbing in based on game situation. Which he seems completely oblivious to.

The amount of players used is not Crean's substitution issue. He's no worse than average on amount of depth used compared to most coaches. Though he does tend to stick with larger rotations later in season, this is early in the year. Many teams are still running 9 guys on average. Duke has a short bench this year, but they are the exception not the rule.. We're basically using 8. So, amount of players is a moot point. OG getting 4 stints of less then 2 minutes each barely had any positive or negative impact in the game. Duke's core rotation of 7 players accounted for 99.9% of their minutes. 8 players accounted for 96% of ours.

His issue is the amount of times he substitutes, (yanking them in and out) which is considerably over the average and which players he's subbing in based on game situation. Which he seems completely oblivious to.
I think it's safe to remove the "seems" qualifier from your post.

Hmmm. The December 3rd and it's early stuff sounds familiar. Kind of like "we're the 4th seed".

Don't forget, Dick had his own issues way back in the day during his time at Detroit.

Nothing he says is really all the relevent anymore. He's as much a character of himself as a WWE wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT