ADVERTISEMENT

You’ve gotta be ****ing kidding me

Last time IU played a game of importance against a team not named Purdue?

Also. To save me time from searching what was your prediction mid-season on where Edey was gonna be drafted? Given the high level of knowledge you possess re: basketball I’ll assume you were within a couple picks?
Great coaches take 20 years to reach a FF and historically shit the bed against double-digit seeds in a row, got it. We have to give Woody 20 years to do something, remember? It is the "Painter trajectory."

Edey took himself out of the draft last year: it speaks for itself. Honestly, I thought he would most likely go in the second round. Then, somebody went full retard and took him at number 9: then again, this is a historically awful draft.

IF: Purdue is a glorified high school program;

THEN: IU is being dominated by a high school program.

Which is worse?
Last couple years, because Purdue had an anomaly unicorn type player…sure. But this perceived “dominance” isn’t there when you take Edey out of the equation. And now Edeys gone.

As I’ve said many times. Purdue is a good regional program. They’re Texas Tech…Creighton maybe…. High school was hyperbole… reality is Texas Tech.

It’s been frustrating IU hasn’t landed on a better coach since RMK. But since our results overall since then are very similar to Purdues…and since IU remains in the eyes of college bball very much still a blue blood… I’m glad to be an IU fan, and excited for our future. MUCH more so than what I would be as a Purdue fan. I guess though, as a Purdue fan, I really wouldn’t know what it feels like to sit at the big table…so maybe ignorance would be bliss??

Living in SEC country other schools running to other boards is common place because its fans arguing. It’s what all rivals do. Honestly if this was Bama/KY MBB it would be 10x.

But to correct the narrative. It’s not that IU fans “don’t” run to other boards. Its IU fans “can’t.” Maybe if we had a soccer board you could. But over the last decade Purdue has dominated the conversation in the State for football and basketball. Upset about Purdue fans needling you? Win.
False narrative on football there my man. Both schools have had streaks. You mention that over the last decade, Purdue had “dominated the conversation in football.”
Okay, that’s 10 seasons and 10 years.

That Bucket record over the last 10 years? 5-5

Before you start running your mouth with inaccuracies, do some fact checking please.

Living in SEC country other schools running to other boards is common place because its fans arguing. It’s what all rivals do. Honestly if this was Bama/KY MBB it would be 10x.

But to correct the narrative. It’s not that IU fans “don’t” run to other boards. Its IU fans “can’t.” Maybe if we had a soccer board you could. But over the last decade Purdue has dominated the conversation in the State for football and basketball. Upset about Purdue fans needling you? Win.
I live in SEC football country and you are comparing yourself to dumbass, redneck fans whose entire identity is based on the football team they support. Sounds about right. Lol

False narrative on football there my man. Both schools have had streaks. You mention that over the last decade, Purdue had “dominated the conversation in football.”
Okay, that’s 10 seasons and 10 years.

That Bucket record over the last 10 years? 5-5

Before you start running your mouth with inaccuracies, do some fact checking please.
Purdue's football program had it's best season in 20 years last year. At Louisville.

Great coaches take 20 years to reach a FF and historically shit the bed against double-digit seeds in a row, got it. We have to give Woody 20 years to do something, remember? It is the "Painter trajectory."

Edey took himself out of the draft last year: it speaks for itself. Honestly, I thought he would most likely go in the second round. Then, somebody went full retard and took him at number 9: then again, this is a historically awful draft.
Sorry, Bimbo. A great, hardworking, tall, basketball player is going to make more money in a few years than you could ever imagine. The taxes he pays will cover your Medicaid and welfare. He will not complain, because he’s not a whiny little bitch…..

Sorry, Bimbo. A great, hardworking, tall, basketball player is going to make more money in a few years than you could ever imagine. The taxes he pays will cover your Medicaid and welfare. He will not complain, because he’s not a whiny little bitch…..
How many user names does this make? Loser. You took time out of your life to make that user name, lol

We will let Zach sink or swim on his own, and it will have nothing to do with me. Somehow, I doubt he's going to start raining threes, creating his own shot, and find the skill and speed to actually defend something other than the bucket anytime soon.

Last edited:

The bucket game has been split the lasr 10 years

Two different things happening in this thread...I'll address both of them...

1. I think Edey is going to be good in the NBA, and is deserving of a top 10 pick. I think he'll adapt well to the style, and he'll fit alongside Jaren Jackson really well. He's going to need to learn how to pass the ball a lot better, but we've seen him improve on most of his weaknesses dramatically the last few years. I'm sure he will his passing and ball handling too.

2. Its alarming how little anyone in the media, and ESPN, cared that Edey was there or not. It took someone on a cell phone sending ESPN footage of the draft announcement for it to get ANY coverage. Purdue is basically a glorified high school program. In a year or two, they'll be excited when one of their plays makes a random SC Top 10 list. The columnist doing pre draft coverage basically made fun of Edey for choosing to be there instead of at the draft, and struggled to come up with really any reference to Purdue or West Lafayette...and instead focused on some weird KFC tie in.

He's literally the biggest thing that's ever happened at and for Purdue basketball. And ESPN couldn't even send some intern with a Go Pro to cover his draft party.

So...he's good, and will be good in the NBA. But the Purdue tie in...NO.ONE.CARES.
Way before my time because I was born in 1981 but wasn't Joe Barry Carroll the biggest thing ever to happen for PU basketball? I like sports history and PU went to the Final Four with him and he was the first pick in the NBA draft after his college career.

Way before my time because I was born in 1981 but wasn't Joe Barry Carroll the biggest thing ever to happen for PU basketball? I like sports history and PU went to the Final Four with him and he was the first pick in the NBA draft after his college career.
JBC was a pretty good college player, but no Purdue fan was surprised he flopped in the NBA. His nickname in college was Just BArely Conscious as he was a low motor low effort guy just cruising off of his height. To say he was "just tall" would have been pretty accurate. I would compare Edey more to Shaq as Edey is now the heaviest player in the NBA and probably the strongest. He is a high effort guy who has continually put in the work. He may struggle some defensively with other players quickness, but there only a handfull of NBA centers that can contend with Edey on the low blocks without a double team and that will open up things for his team-mates who certainly will be better than Loyer, Jones and Renn at exploiting those opportunities. Its a game of mismatches, and Edey is a bad matchup on the Grizzles offensive end for almost all opposing NBA centers.

JBC was a pretty good college player, but no Purdue fan was surprised he flopped in the NBA. His nickname in college was Just BArely Conscious as he was a low motor low effort guy just cruising off of his height. To say he was "just tall" would have been pretty accurate. I would compare Edey more to Shaq as Edey is now the heaviest player in the NBA and probably the strongest. He is a high effort guy who has continually put in the work. He may struggle some defensively with other players quickness, but there only a handfull of NBA centers that can contend with Edey on the low blocks without a double team and that will open up things for his team-mates who certainly will be better than Loyer, Jones and Renn at exploiting those opportunities. Its a game of mismatches, and Edey is a bad matchup on the Grizzles offensive end for almost all opposing NBA centers.
JBC wasn't an NBA flop. He was on the all rookie team and averaged 17.7 PPG over a 12 year career. He made the All Star team. I wish I was an NBA flop like him. :)

Reactions: George.Smalley
For going #1 in the draft, he was a flop. Robert Parrish had a better career than JBC.
Flop is way too harsh a word for his career. Golden State drafted him and he started almost every game with them and averaged 20+ PPG and 9 RB. His career stats are better than Robert Parish's stats, but Parish won championships with Boston.

Flop is way too harsh a word for his career. Golden State drafted him and he started almost every game with them and averaged 20+ PPG and 9 RB. His career stats are better than Robert Parish's stats, but Parish won championships with Boston.
It was one of the great steals in trades in the NBA with Golden State coming up on the short end of it by a mile. Golden State got the #1 pick to take JBC, Celtics got Parrish and the #3 pick which was Kevin McHale.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
It was one of the great steals in trades in the NBA with Golden State coming up on the short end of it by a mile. Golden State got the #1 pick to take JBC, Celtics got Parrish and the #3 pick which was Kevin McHale.

Anything related with Purdue comes up on the short end of the stick. IU=5 PU=0

Anything related with Purdue comes up on the short end of the stick. IU=5 PU=0
For just NBA comparisons: Alan Henderson compared to Glenn Robinson...... JBC compared to Kent Benson......... IU has its banners, but that's about it. Also, best Purdue players would be Wooden, Mount, Big Dog then JBC in that order. And you could make an argument for Brad Miller ahead of JBC.

For just NBA comparisons: Alan Henderson compared to Glenn Robinson...... JBC compared to Kent Benson......... IU has its banners, but that's about it. Also, best Purdue players would be Wooden, Mount, Big Dog then JBC in that order. And you could make an argument for Brad Miller ahead of JBC.
Nobody that has ever attended PU is better than Isiah Thomas, and thank your lucky stars Bird didn't stick around. Purdue has never had two players go #2 and #4 in a draft like Vic and Zeller. If you are PU, you don't want to get into a talent argument: it isn't close. IU's 75 and 76 teams, 80 team, and 92 team had multiple first rounders.

Isiah Thomas is one of the best PG's in NBA history. Walt Bellamy is a Hall of Famer.

The Helms bread truck delivering a made-up trophy is a close second.

Two different things happening in this thread...I'll address both of them...

1. I think Edey is going to be good in the NBA, and is deserving of a top 10 pick. I think he'll adapt well to the style, and he'll fit alongside Jaren Jackson really well. He's going to need to learn how to pass the ball a lot better, but we've seen him improve on most of his weaknesses dramatically the last few years. I'm sure he will his passing and ball handling too.

2. Its alarming how little anyone in the media, and ESPN, cared that Edey was there or not. It took someone on a cell phone sending ESPN footage of the draft announcement for it to get ANY coverage. Purdue is basically a glorified high school program. In a year or two, they'll be excited when one of their plays makes a random SC Top 10 list. The columnist doing pre draft coverage basically made fun of Edey for choosing to be there instead of at the draft, and struggled to come up with really any reference to Purdue or West Lafayette...and instead focused on some weird KFC tie in.

He's literally the biggest thing that's ever happened at and for Purdue basketball. And ESPN couldn't even send some intern with a Go Pro to cover his draft party.

So...he's good, and will be good in the NBA. But the Purdue tie in...NO.ONE.CARES.
Define good. Like career 10-15 min per game and 6 pts, 5 rbs, 1 blk per game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT