ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes. J Williams arrested

8th and Grant? At that brick apartment complex?

I have some painful memories of an ex-girlfriend's apartment in the late 70s there.

I used to live on 11th and Grant at some new apartments (in '76) that had a spiral staircase. Big draw for the ladies ("hey, want to come over and see my spiral staircase?'). Yeah, I was pretty smooth.
Yep. Plantation North. It was a good place to live back then. Walking distance to campus and a short stagger from the bars on KIrkwood/Downtown. We knew a couple of girls who lived at the Poplars so we had access to the pool and sauna. Met my future wife there (she lived in the apartment directly above us) and made some great friends. We had some damn rowdy parties that sometimes turned complex-wide. It was a good time to be young and living in Bloomington.

OWI...always wonder what that is. Big difference between driving a car drunk and taking a bird scooter for a ride under the influence
Back in 1986, I knew a guy who was arrested in an IU frat parking lot for OWI because he was drunk & laying/passed out in the drivers side seat of his own car.

I have some painful memories of an ex-girlfriend's apartment in the late 70s there.

I used to live on 11th and Grant at some new apartments (in '76) that had a spiral staircase. Big draw for the ladies ("hey, want to come over and see my spiral staircase?'). Yeah, I was pretty smooth.
I lived near 3rd street in the early 80's, & we would hit Bears Place every Sunday night. Great food & atmosphere..

Reactions: DANC
reminds me of george jones who was busted for drunk driving on his riding lawn mower on his way to the liquor store. when the arresting officer ask him why, his answer was my wife took the car keys i needed a drink, and i'm too drunk to walk.
Watch the video of George cussing the Tennessee trooper on the side of the interstate. Cute one....

A lot of the above is humorous but to return to the seriousness of the incident with our guy:
TA needs to show him a photo of that little girl in Kansas City that Reid's son put in the hospital and let him know that but for the grace of God that could have been a situation that he had also created...

In my opinion, you give the guy one last chance to get his sh_t together and if it happens again he's gone...

Drunk driving is no joke...

I had some friends hit in a head on with a drunk several years back and while they were all fortunate to survive a couple of them still deal with the effects of their injuries to this day...

On the Indiana campus, in this day and age (with uber..., and your friends...., and teammates available to help you out, heck even a student college football fan would help out...), there's simply zero excuse for it...

You don't put others lives at risk for your own convenience...! I can't support anyone who would...

A lot of the above is humorous but to return to the seriousness of the incident with our guy:
TA needs to show him a photo of that little girl in Kansas City that Reid's son put in the hospital and let him know that but for the grace of God that could have been a situation that he had also created...

In my opinion, you give the guy one last chance to get his sh_t together and if it happens again he's gone...

I had some friends hit in a head on with a drunk several years back and while they were all fortunate to survive a couple of them still deal with the effects of their injuries to this day...

On the Indiana campus, in this day and age (with uber..., and your friends...., and teammates available to help you out, heck even a student college football fan would help out...), there's simply zero excuse for it...

You don't put others lives at risk for your own convenience...! I can't support anyone who would...
Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, a lot of people, myself included, lack(ed) that perspective when that age. I remember we had a kid we called our designated drunk driver. We thought it was so hilarious at the time. It makes me so sad to actually type that. Hopefully, 105 young men learned from this situation.

Any lady who would fall for that line would be a sure thing
on an extension ladder.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

There, but for the grace of God, go I......

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT