ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, Bernie, I'd be "delighted" to pay more in taxes

You never even leaned to write, and then bitch about being poor. And that's the "moneyed interests" to blame, I'm sure.

You are the biggest clown show on a site that includes @Lucy01

when have i ever bitched about being poor, or even hinted at such a thing??

you know nothing about me, only what i advocate for.

if you have to lie to respond to me, that just shows you got nothing else to go to.

which is virtually, if not literally, always the case.

Which of Bernie’s ideas do you think he, or any of us here on the WC will benefit from? The “free stuff” specifically.,

unlike Trump and way too many of our elected leaders, Bernie doesn't think in terms of what benefits him the most when laying out his goals.

never has.

if you don't think universal healthcare at far less cost than what we are paying now, affordable or publicly financed or subsidized higher education, (including all medical fields), and not all economic gains going to the very few, while the many are all contributing to them, are commendable and needed goals, then that's on you.

as for me, i got my 4 yr degree from IU decades ago, and have been retired and on SS and Medicare for yrs, so what i advocate for has nothing to do with me.

unlike Trump and way too many of our elected leaders, Bernie doesn't think in terms of what benefits him the most when laying out his goals.

never has.

if you don't think universal healthcare at far less cost than what we are paying now, affordable or publicly financed or subsidized higher education, (including all medical fields), and not all economic gains going to the very few, while the many are all contributing to them, are commendable and needed goals, then that's on you.

as for me, i got my 4 yr degree from IU decades ago, and have been retired and on SS and Medicare for yrs, so what i advocate for has nothing to do with me.
My question was in response to glidesquirrels remark about BErnie supporters only wanting free stuff.

Why do you always capitalize the “e” in Bernie?

Good old Apple. Lol. I have same problem with words. As far as I’ve been able to find out there’s no way of getting rid of single words memorized by our iPhones.

Good old Apple. Lol. I have same problem with words. As far as I’ve been able to find out there’s no way of getting rid of single words memorized by our iPhones.
That's true, it could be that. There is one name that I type on my iPhone that always gets switched to all caps and it is really irritating. I was just wondering if Zeke was doing it deliberately and why. I know she doesn't like him (neither do I, but for different reasons) and was curious about whether there was a deeper meaning to the capital "e."

Reactions: stollcpa
I think you can reset the dictionary but can't remove individual words.

That's true, it could be that. There is one name that I type on my iPhone that always gets switched to all caps and it is really irritating. I was just wondering if Zeke was doing it deliberately and why. I know she doesn't like him (neither do I, but for different reasons) and was curious about whether there was a deeper meaning to the capital "e."

I have several words that are all caps that irritate me. Lol.

Didn’t realize Zeke disliked BErnie.

Nope stoll is right . It does it on a few other ones and I’m too lazy to fix it. I don’t really dislike Bernie , although I’ve never really liked him either. I like some of his policies. I don’t want him being the nominee for sure this time though.

it's a stupid component of her campaign, for obvious reasons, and unfortunately when politicians do that, they discredit their credible and worthy ones.. (of which she has many).

to that end, i suppose they could have the govt pay off all existing student loans, but that's also interjecting a poison pill element into her own campaign.

i suppose she's trying to out flank Bernie with this, but extending public education X more yrs to meet modern day educational needs, both for the student's and for societal benefits, is more a doable and beneficial goal imo.

i wasn't for bailing out the banks either, yet we bailed them out for over 100% of their gambling losses..

Bernie is his own worst enemy also at times, which is a shame, because he's by far the best option.

In this extended public education agenda you are supporting...does it include trades training or only traditional college? How long? For all income levels? Open to all or is there a modicum of academic or technical qualification to get in?

In this extended public education agenda you are supporting...does it include trades training or only traditional college? How long? For all income levels? Open to all or is there a modicum of academic or technical qualification to get in?
How about directly funding the institution instead of the student. Assuming you see a requisite lowering of tuition, that would go a long way toward lowering the students' burden. One of the problems with the cost of public higher education has been the lowering of funding from the states.

How about directly funding the institution instead of the student. Assuming you see a requisite lowering of tuition, that would go a long way toward lowering the students' burden. One of the problems with the cost of public higher education has been the lowering of funding from the states.

interesting unless the $$ simply fuels the buildings and luxury dorms arms race. Also not sure it helps those not currently in the college system. IMO I would like to see a lot more opportunity for trades education. I think the biggest bang comes there...educate the skilled and semi skilled trades providing a deeper stronger middle class.

the time to train or educate a plumber or electrician or carpenter or auto mechanic or doctor or surgeon or dentist or chiropractor or architect or lawyer or civil engineer or history teacher or math teacher or software engineer may all differ, and the time frame set out should correspond to the time frame needed to achieve the end goal, with allocations for those advancing their learning part time, while also working or doing other things.

and people change directions, when what they first pursue turns out looking different than they initially thought.

making the process affordable on the public side, will allow for flexibility.

the assumption is, most people will learn their trade as quickly as possible, to begin reaping the benefits of their newly acquired skills. (you're eliminating a lot of the fun/social side).

while govt supported, the emphasis will be on learning the trade only, and not a bunch of ancillary classes as well, as with traditional college. (someone learning dentistry need not be taking english lit and astronomy as well).

and english lit majors need not take finite or accounting.

IU Btown or Penn St or Ga Tech or UCLA can't logistically absorb twice or three times as many students on campus as they have now. (not that Btown landlords wouldn't love that concept).

but reality is, the internet has already been invented, and allows for massive economies of scale, and learning many trades without a physical campus presence needed.

to not utilize this tool would be foolhardy, and to not realize the educational possibilities it can provide, would also be.

free college education needn't require 4 yrs on campus with a dorm room and meals.

that said, electrician or plumber or mechanic or family MD or dentist or surgeon, or RN, does require being more hands on than english teacher or lawyer or math teacher or economist or MBA, and thus should be treated accordingly.

that said, far more physical campuses will be needed, but there is no current shortage of empty office space.

free college education or advanced vocational/skills training, needn't mean everyone doing so as part of extended public education, have the same experience or time frame or cost as someone attending UM Ann Arbor or IU Btown.

the emphasis should be on the education, not the experience.

this should make the price tag much more affordable for those freaking out at it now.

and the logistics.

and will add hundreds of thousands of very good jobs for those who can teach/grade such skills and fields, and administer the physical and digital infrastructures needed.

that said, the current institutions of higher learning like IU or Cal or UVa or Ivy Tech, should be involved in the administration, accreditation, and over site of, but not at whatever price they choose.

the world didn't go crazy when we expanded public education in the past, and it shouldn't now.

Reactions: Tacoll
Why did they fail? Could it be because it's a pipe dream? If the content is fine, why don't we amend our constitution to be more like the Soviets?
What are the 6 rights that are in Sanders' platform that are also in the Soviet Union's constitution?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT