ADVERTISEMENT

Yankee Stadium

Coopster

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2001
Chandler, Az
I may be wrong but isn't Yankee Stadium an open air stadium? It's gonna be pretty cold there the day after Christmas!

Coopster

I may be wrong but isn't Yankee Stadium an open air stadium? It's gonna be pretty cold there the day after Christmas!

Coopster

Yep...it is. Our best hope is for ol' el nino to do its thing and keep the east warmer until after the first of the year. Other than that, dress warm....brrrrrrr that wet breeze is chilly!

Coopster
Hey Coopster,
I live less than 100 miles from Yankee stadium in Northeast PA, it's been unusually warm (record breaking temps) because of El Nino and the weather folks around here are saying that's not going to change anytime soon. It's going to be 60 degrees here this weekend, when the average says it should only be 34. I know that could change on a dime, but from what I've heard it shouldn't be as bad as you would expect. But pack warm clothes just in case!

Went to Jets/Giants Sunday afternoon and it was the nicest early December game I've been to up there...

which means absolutely nothing for 3 weeks later. :D

Coopster
It is, but there's a concourse area around the stadium that makes it feel somewhat indoors. Also, parts of the lower level are pretty well shielded from the wind. Only area that would feel like outdoors is near the top.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT