ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is going on with this web site?!?!?...

Well happy days then because that means you can sign up today!! If you have a problem cancelling you can come directly to me jim@theHoosier.com. Thank you for supporting the site and helping to grow this community!!

I am not sure what you meant by that. But there has been too much content given away as free and I have made it a mandate to stop that with staff members. We also have a basketball analyst coming onboard who's only responsibility will be to speak with people in the Premium Basketball threads. Their approach to the game is that of a player and coach, not media.

Tactics? Nothing done by us is any different than ANY other subscriber based site on any network.

What I mean is that if you can sign up with a click of a button on a website then you should be able to cancel with nothing more than a click of a button on a website, which is how it works for a lot of subscriptions.

What I mean is that if you can sign up with a click of a button on a website then you should be able to cancel with nothing more than a click of a button on a website, which is how it works for a lot of subscriptions.
I try to cancel various subscriptions all the time and I have never found one that was easy done. But I have made it easy for you telling you to reach out to me if needed. So once again we would appreciate your patronage.

Reactions: red hornet
Who is "they?"
Who is "they bought the site?"
Who is "they aren't concerned about customers..."
Who "let Matt Weaver go?" He has always worked for a different site that has not been a part of the Rivals network in over a decade?
That is not an example that I understand?
There was dialogue at the time of purchase with many of the more active posters via private messaging on this site with “new management “ and about specific concerns such as the free boards. Those messages are still there. What are we doing now claiming deep faking on the board from customers? It has been 10 years. 10 years of zero feedback and zero action for issues raised.

Look at your response I am responding too. Right at the new management period the staff they put in place…was… “gulp”… experienced challenged.

I have no interest in rehashing what has been Rivals response to requests that they asked for in the first place. You asked and you got some honest responses. Truth is, and Rivals knows this, the alternative to this site is far behind. Thus, people stay where they feel under-valued as customers and frankly feel that Rivals knows we don’t have a choice if we want this type of content. If and when alternatives catch up, then we can make a change. Until then it is tolerated but make no mistake, appealing to “community “ values (ie support where you spend your time) is KJP like in ignoring what many many may see.

Explain the Water Cooler and its purpose please. WTF… are you telling me what is spent on that from our dues couldn’t be used for additional staff writers? I wish you would address it instead of ignoring it and acting like there is nothing going on there. Saying you have no control over that does not in anyway deminish the issue. But I know I know…. You have no idea what goes on there… sounds eerily familiar to 1945 Germany when they lost and were gonna be held accountable. Go read that board Jim. Read it and tell me why a person shouldn’t be angry about it?

Focus on sports. This place won’t have a problem

I try to cancel various subscriptions all the time and I have never found one that was easy done. But I have made it easy for you telling you to reach out to me if needed. So once again we would appreciate your patronage.
Honestly? I believe your personal experience

But I've never found one that was difficult... Not in the last 15 years anyway.

I log into an account, I click the button to end the subscription. Same as I log in to re-up or set whether it is automatic resubscribe. Usually there's a link to terms and conditions as well. Nearly every site has this. But not Rivals, which makes them seem seedy. Probably part of it was back in the day getting everyone on the same payment processor or something silly, but it smells.

Sites I trust make opt out easier than opting in. It's marketing 101. But, scammy sites (not saying Rivals, or certainly not yourself) do the 'difficult unsubscribe' most of the time. "Our unsubscribe is simple, just contact us!" Yeah, right... They know that by inertia, once you have a credit card subscription it's hugely profitable to make a hoop or two to jump through as sometimes people will say 'ahh, I don't have time right now, I'll deal with it next month...' So, I look for that stuff up front and from past experience, if that's they way they handle subscriptions, I do not try their product.

Thanks for the email addy. So, I am considering it.

$120 a year doesn't seem worth it to me but it's not bad, I can swing it without pain. I sub to three streaming TV services that offer a lot for less. There's a bunch of other forums to post on. Reddit also. But it's true, I like this one. I started posting because of the freeloader chat someone set up which they posted links to on the free board, and so I got back involved. I do like the software better you have also.

Front page, feeds, news articles, little of that matters to me. Mainly I just like to see Indiana fans opinions. So the fans here provide the important content, for free. But the forum to allow us to do that costs money and significant effort.

So, I may sub, appreciate your teams efforts.

Last edited:
There was dialogue at the time of purchase with many of the more active posters via private messaging on this site with “new management “ and about specific concerns such as the free boards. Those messages are still there. What are we doing now claiming deep faking on the board from customers? It has been 10 years. 10 years of zero feedback and zero action for issues raised.

Look at your response I am responding too. Right at the new management period the staff they put in place…was… “gulp”… experienced challenged.

I have no interest in rehashing what has been Rivals response to requests that they asked for in the first place. You asked and you got some honest responses. Truth is, and Rivals knows this, the alternative to this site is far behind. Thus, people stay where they feel under-valued as customers and frankly feel that Rivals knows we don’t have a choice if we want this type of content. If and when alternatives catch up, then we can make a change. Until then it is tolerated but make no mistake, appealing to “community “ values (ie support where you spend your time) is KJP like in ignoring what many many may see.

Explain the Water Cooler and its purpose please. WTF… are you telling me what is spent on that from our dues couldn’t be used for additional staff writers? I wish you would address it instead of ignoring it and acting like there is nothing going on there. Saying you have no control over that does not in anyway deminish the issue. But I know I know…. You have no idea what goes on there… sounds eerily familiar to 1945 Germany when they lost and were gonna be held accountable. Go read that board Jim. Read it and tell me why a person shouldn’t be angry about it?

Focus on sports. This place won’t have a problem
I'm going to ask that You reach out to me directly, because I'm not sure you have all of the facts correct in what you're talking about, or understand everything correctly. Anything that happened prior to 4 years ago I have no knowledge of, so you're going to have to fill me in.
The water cooler is definitely a place I spend zero time for two reasons. Number one it's on a free board. I have more than enough to do meeting the needs of our premium subscribers and commitments of that sort.
Number two it has nothing to do with sports. I believe it is just a completely open, free for all type forum with little oversight, which it seems like that is what is desired there. I think people want that open forum, but if I were to find out that a majority did not want it I would take it away.
I'm talking about the sports side of things. Any subscriber has the ability to reach out to me personally with any complaint and I encourage them to do so. But is harsh as this may sound, if they're not of subscriber that's at the bottom of my list of concerns.

Reactions: UncleMark
Honestly? I believe your personal experience

But I've never found one that was difficult... Not in the last 15 years anyway.

I log into an account, I click the button to end the subscription. Same as I log in to re-up or set whether it is automatic resubscribe. Usually there's a link to terms and conditions as well. Nearly every site has this. But not Rivals, which makes them seem seedy. Probably part of it was back in the day getting everyone on the same payment processor or something silly, but it smells.

Sites I trust make opt out easier than opting in. It's marketing 101. But, scammy sites (not saying Rivals, or certainly not yourself) do the 'difficult unsubscribe' most of the time. "Our unsubscribe is simple, just contact us!" Yeah, right... They know that by inertia, once you have a credit card subscription it's hugely profitable to make a hoop or two to jump through as sometimes people will say 'ahh, I don't have time right now, I'll deal with it next month...' So, I look for that stuff up front and from past experience, if that's they way they handle subscriptions, I do not try their product.

Thanks for the email addy. So, I am considering it.

$120 a year doesn't seem worth it to me but it's not bad, I can swing it without pain. I sub to three streaming TV services that offer a lot for less. There's a bunch of other forums to post on. Reddit also. But it's true, I like this one. I started posting because of the freeloader chat someone set up which they posted links to on the free board, and so I got back involved. I do like the software better you have also.

Front page, feeds, news articles, little of that matters to me. Mainly I just like to see Indiana fans opinions. So the fans here provide the important content, for free. But the forum to allow us to do that costs money and significant effort.

So, I may sub, appreciate your teams efforts.
And we appreciate you and your understanding of our efforts. Thank you.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT