ADVERTISEMENT

Wright and Izzo

Feb 4, 2004
are two championship caliber coaches who are not at Blue blood basketball schools. Some of the young coaches on the lists might prove to be, but besides Donovan, I haven't seen any other proven commodities listed. Both Wright and Izzo have plenty of coaching years left in them, and I'm not sure why you wouldn't make a hard run at both of them. If Indiana is going to get back in the mix for high level success I think they need a coach like Wright, Izzo or Donovan. These are the coaches who could get the program back to elite status in no time. JMO

Could you explain how a 62 year old izzo has "plenty of coaching years left in him". You realize most coaches don't go into ther 70's like Vampire K and Ol Roy.

Besides they're both extremely solidified and have great jobs. It's going to take more than IU to pull them away.

Last edited:
Do you just need someone to talk to you to make you feel important?

Nah. Was just reading your board to see who you guys might get as your next coach. Guess I shouldn't have started a thread, was just wanting to throw out some names I thought could be successful. And even if Izzo only coached 8 more years he might win a ship or two before he retired. My apologies for butting in your business.

Nah. Was just reading your board to see who you guys might get as your next coach. Guess I shouldn't have started a thread, was just wanting to throw out some names I thought could be successful. And even if Izzo only coached 8 more years he might win a ship or two before he retired. My apologies for butting in your business.
While the next coaches name may have been mentioned, nobody here knows who the next coach is. So you might be looking ion the wrong place. I think if you made a l;st of the top 5-10 coaches that might leave their current jobs for IU then your list would be the same as what you read on this board. Izzo and Wright are not leaving their situations for another college job, IMO. Izzo and K were nobodies before they landed their current jobs and became elite coaches. IU just needs a good coach and right now they don't have one. If IU had one of those sci-fi machine and could have merged Crean and Sampson into 1 coach they's be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT