ADVERTISEMENT

Woody Gets the Game Ball

Beautiful, Gutsy game-plan. What a win!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!
He can share it with JHS. That was such a satisfying victory. Outscored by 12 at the FT line. Outrebounded by 16 including 21 - 5 on offensive boards. 23 fouls to their 15. TJD has zero points in 1H. Edey gets his usual. We win by 8. Makes sense. If I am a PU fan, I feel like total crap right now.

No so fast my friend JHS played a game of a lifetime. Woody adjustment at half time was great but without JHS we are not winning this game.
You're right, without good players you aren't beating top 5 teams on the road. Good point.

He did recruit and develop JHS though so that has to count for something.

He can share it with JHS. That was such a satisfying victory. Outscored by 12 at the FT line. Outrebounded by 16 including 21 - 5 on offensive boards. 23 fouls to their 15. TJD has zero points in 1H. Edey gets his usual. We win by 8. Makes sense. If I am a PU fan, I feel like total crap right now.
We do. Congratulations on the win. Hood-Schfino was fantastic tonight.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Only one man deserves the game ball tonight, and it is Jalen Hood Schifino!
Could easily give out multiple, but if only 1, yeah JHS played a great game. TJD came close to a triple double with 8 rebs and 7 assists… TG and MK had really good stat lines as well with their shooting, rebounding etc. Lot of great defense as well. Just a hell of an effort by so many players.

JG and MR with some spot minutes to give others a breather and soak up some fouls. Great night fo sho

JHS made buckets but Woody drew up the plan to repeatedly run him off pick and roll with Edey. He will drop every time because he is incapable of guarding anyone if not right at the rim.

And a side note, hahahahahahaha to each and every one of you who constantly bragged on PU guards the first 1/3 or more of the season. Those dudes cannot guard a chair. I would take either one of JHS or Galloway playing with a walk on over their guards.

JHS made buckets but Woody drew up the plan to repeatedly run him off pick and roll with Edey. He will drop every time because he is incapable of guarding anyone if not right at the rim.

And a side note, hahahahahahaha to each and every one of you who constantly bragged on PU guards the first 1/3 or more of the season. Those dudes cannot guard a chair. I would take either one of JHS or Galloway playing with a walk on over their guards.
Exactly. Edey gets so much attention they play off of it. When thats not there or gone, they will struggle scoring against B1G defenses.

This reminded me of UNLV 1987, which for me, was the best coaching job ever by RMK. Great game plan.

Great story about that: we were in Cancun. Jimmy V and his fam checks in w us (i can still see all the red luggage w Valvano embroidery). My folks chat him up. Hours later by pool Jimmy V tells my dad "Knight will shut Vegas down".

2 nightsater I turned 15 and we were champs.

I figured we'd have 5 more by now (back then)

Reactions: Middawg and Falky22
No so fast my friend JHS played a game of a lifetime. Woody adjustment at half time was great but without JHS we are not winning this game.
Did you watch the game? CMW hands were all over this game, not only did he have a game plan with guard centric approach versus a TJD approach... he managed the game with a slew of players in foul trouble, called key time outs when we were going to lose possesions, adjusted defense on Edey and adjustments at the half to open up the transitional offense at the start of the half... but yes you did notice that JHS had a good game but it took more than hitting his shots... the team was dialed into the plan!

Did you watch the game? CMW hands were all over this game, not only did he have a game plan with guard centric approach versus a TJD approach... he managed the game with a slew of players in foul trouble, called key time outs when we were going to lose possesions, adjusted defense on Edey and adjustments at the half to open up the transitional offense at the start of the half... but yes you did notice that JHS had a good game but it took more than hitting his shots... the team was dialed into the plan!
The game plan was spot on and executed very well. The only complaint could be that we didn’t finish some of those defensive possessions. But that’s nitpicking.
Very good game

Did you watch the game? CMW hands were all over this game, not only did he have a game plan with guard centric approach versus a TJD approach... he managed the game with a slew of players in foul trouble, called key time outs when we were going to lose possesions, adjusted defense on Edey and adjustments at the half to open up the transitional offense at the start of the half... but yes you did notice that JHS had a good game but it took more than hitting his shots... the team was dialed into the plan!I

Mike had a great half JHS had two great halfs. If JHS doesn't score 21 points in the first half were done.

Reactions: gator mcCluskey

During the broadcast when they were talking about how Painter said: "these are my starting guards for the next four years" I was like "YES PLEASE!!!".

Reactions: Beorik
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT