ADVERTISEMENT

@ Wisconsin tonight. 8:00 BTN

Good guys win 2-1 for a first place tie-likely only for a few days- with Maryland. FYI the Terps come to Bloomington later this month.

Reactions: muubell
Guys are starting to hit their stride. A slugfest with #2 Kentucky at home Saturday is up next. Tow laughers vs Evansville and Trine, and finish up at home with Maryland.

Guys are starting to hit their stride. A slugfest with #2 Kentucky at home Saturday is up next. Tow laughers vs Evansville and Trine, and finish up at home with Maryland.
Evansville is not a laugher this year.

IU is still substantially better but heading down there this year will be no picnic. Purple Aces brought in an international forward named Nacho Diaz who has been an elite scorer. This is UE's best team in probably 20 years which is not saying much. IU should still win but need to bring their best effort to do so and won't get to empty bench like they usual do. May well end up as a white knuckler much like tonight with Hoosiers pulling it out or even a tie or loss if team not fully ready.

Trine is a laugher indeed and I assume we will start backups only and use it as a practice as that is in the middle of three games in six days.

Evansville is not a laugher this year.

IU is still substantially better but heading down there this year will be no picnic. Purple Aces brought in an international forward named Nacho Diaz who has been an elite scorer. This is UE's best team in probably 20 years which is not saying much. IU should still win but need to bring their best effort to do so and won't get to empty bench like they usual do. May well end up as a white knuckler much like tonight with Hoosiers pulling it out or even a tie or loss if team not fully ready.

Trine is a laugher indeed and I assume we will start backups only and use it as a practice as that is in the middle of three games in six days.
That’s good to hear that UE is somewhat better this year. I grew up there in the 80s/early 90s when they were elite under Fred Shmaltz. I can remember some great games with IU and other elite teams at Black Beauty Field. It was sad to them fall so low-much like UE basketball. Hope it’s a good match next week.

Trine? Why does Yeags even schedule them? There’s nothing to gain except getting the bench guys and walk on players some experience.

That’s good to hear that UE is somewhat better this year. I grew up there in the 80s/early 90s when they were elite under Fred Shmaltz. I can remember some great games with IU and other elite teams at Black Beauty Field. It was sad to them fall so low-much like UE basketball. Hope it’s a good match next week.

Trine? Why does Yeags even schedule them? There’s nothing to gain except getting the bench guys and walk on players some experience.
Indeed Trine is scheduled as game to get backups experience.

Looks like UE is trying the international route, with several players from Spain on the roster and a few other European players. I hope it works out for them. In a sport where "mid-majors" can compete with the big boys, I'd love to see them back in the NCAA tournament and restoring the IU rivalry.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT