ADVERTISEMENT

Winning Program

If Indiana wins their Bowl game they will be 32-32 since the 2014 Bucket game. If they get off to a fast start in 2020 they'll have a winning record over a 5 year plus period of time. This is a huge talking point for recruiting.
If it were me, any discussion of records would be limited to 2018 and 2019 - - - year over year improvement reflecting a dramatic upward trajectory and making a pitch for these kids to climb aboard the rocket ship.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
If it were me, any discussion of records would be limited to 2018 and 2019 - - - year over year improvement reflecting a dramatic upward trajectory and making a pitch for these kids to climb aboard the rocket ship.

Anything more than 4-5 years ago is ancient history to most recruits. Which is why winning our Bowl game and getting off to a great start next Fall is so important.

We need to fix our little problems "and light this candle" (Cmdr. Allen Shepard USN [ret. Rear Adm...])...;):)

We win the bowl against a name team, then put up a strong tussle with Wisconsin at next year's opener....

Floodgates could be open for a real "breakthrough" season....like threatening the top 10/15 type season.

Got the talent. Stay healthy and eliminate the mental stuff.

This.

Think about it. We're an 8-4 program in the B1G East and we beat everyone we were supposed to. That means we're an 8-4 program, period. And we're trending up, with a 2020 schedule that puts us in good position to do even better.

This.

Think about it. We're an 8-4 program in the B1G East and we beat everyone we were supposed to. That means we're an 8-4 program, period. And we're trending up, with a 2020 schedule that puts us in good position to do even better.
I’d add that yes we are climbing and at least one program in front of us historically (Mich St.) is heading in an opposite direction..... Michigan just found itself but i wouldn’t be surprised if Harbaugh leaves at some point.

Reactions: vesuvius13
We were beaten, really beaten, twice. OSU and MI. We lost the other 2 having outplayed them both - on the road.

We beat every team we should this year. When was the last time you could say that about an IU football team?

Win the bowl then start strong next year. Stay healthy. Should have a bump in recruiting. I trust this staff to bring in kids who fit into Allen's program. We'll have some bigger classes to fill just as we start to look more attractive to recruits.

After that who knows what our ceiling is, right?

Anything more than 4-5 years ago is ancient history to most recruits. Which is why winning our Bowl game and getting off to a great start next Fall is so important.

We need to fix our little problems "and light this candle" (Cmdr. Allen Shepard USN [ret. Rear Adm...])...;):)
The Right Stuff. Should be required reading in schools.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT