ADVERTISEMENT

Win at Purdue - would we be back in the Dance running?

Let 'er Fly

Junior
Feb 12, 2005
ok, I know the odds are not in our favor (as we are a crazy 10 pt underdog - when has that happened?), but I think a big upset would put us back in contention. Yeah, probably not worth thinking about, but I'm saying there's a chance.

Need to get biggie in foul trouble and hope we are the hottest we've been at 3. And, need to commit season low TO and play best D of the year. Go out Biggie early and often...have Priller kick hm in the nuts if that does not work.

ok, I know the odds are not in our favor (as we are a crazy 10 pt underdog - when has that happened?), but I think a big upset would put us back in contention. Yeah, probably not worth thinking about, but I'm saying there's a chance.

Need to get biggie in foul trouble and hope we are the hottest we've been at 3. And, need to commit season low TO and play best D of the year. Go out Biggie early and often...have Priller kick hm in the nuts if that does not work.

Biggie has actually looked mortal the last few games. I think he's due for a monster game.

Nope. IU isn't even close to the bubble.

The only shot the Hoosiers have at the dance is a Big Ten Tournament win! Usually, the Hoosier do very poor in the Tournament! But, wait till next year, help is on its way!!

I wouldnt endorse any of that kind of behavior. Indiana would probably need to win the rest of their games and at least make it into the Big Championship game to even be in the conversation and that aint happening. Their only chance is to win the Big Tournament and that will be a nearly impossible task especially if they have to play on Wednesday and win 5 in a row.

The only shot the Hoosiers have at the dance is a Big Ten Tournament win! Usually, the Hoosier do very poor in the Tournament! But, wait till next year, help is on its way!!

You better believe it is. Crean has not even started yet to uncover the hidden gems he finds in April and May yet. The next Jerimiah April is just is out there waiting and Crean will find him. After the btt run these guys will be lining up to play for him.

I wouldnt endorse any of that kind of behavior. Indiana would probably need to win the rest of their games and at least make it into the Big Championship game to even be in the conversation and that aint happening. Their only chance is to win the Big Tournament and that will be a nearly impossible task especially if they have to play on Wednesday and win 5 in a row.
I would say totally impossible. Look at our record in the btt and we cannot even win two in a row.

If we were ever going to win the sucker this would be the year. You just know it would. Especially with talks with Donovan supposedly going well.

Nope. IU isn't even close to the bubble.

I'm not so sure. If IU were to win the next two and finish 8-10 and then win two in the BTT, I think we'd make it in. The bubble is very soft this season.

Now I'm not predicting such a thing, but I think if it played out that way we'd be dancing.

Not a lot that happens in the Big ten would surprise me this season. The teams at the top of the conference are very weak. It wouldn't surprise me to see no teams from the conference make the Sweet 16. I would imagine someone will get thru but good luck picking the right one in your bracket.

If we were ever going to win the sucker this would be the year. You just know it would. Especially with talks with Donovan supposedly going well.
Talks with Donovan? He is not leaving OKC! He is under a five year agreement. He is doing well there. If he goes anywhere it will be to Orlando or Brooklyn.

I'm not so sure. If IU were to win the next two and finish 8-10 and then win two in the BTT, I think we'd make it in. The bubble is very soft this season.

Now I'm not predicting such a thing, but I think if it played out that way we'd be dancing.
Let's just say we win out and finish 8-10. Northwestern loses out and finishes 9-9. Who has a better resume?

Let's just say we win out and finish 8-10. Northwestern loses out and finishes 9-9. Who has a better resume?
I will not even get involved in this discussion unless I have had about six jack and cokes. It is not happening. We are not going to win out.

For what?

You can;t possibly be talking about a tourney bid, that's just dumb.

Follow me on this....

IU beats PU and OSU. 8-10, 18-13. Then 2-1 in the BTT, 20-14.

We're dancing brother!

giphy.gif

Follow me on this....

IU beats PU and OSU. 8-10, 18-13. Then 2-1 in the BTT, 20-14.

We're dancing brother!

giphy.gif
Follow me on this. We have a current RPI of 87.

EIGHTY SEVEN!

Winning those games would put is in the low 70's. Which may get us a home game in the NIT. The only way we go to the NCAA is if we win the conference tournament. Seeing as Crean has never won a tournament of any kind, the chances of making the NCAA tourney this year are about as probable as Purdue winning five national championships in a row.

NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

No team is getting in with 14 L's unless they win the Conference Tourney. The only way IU gets in is winning the BTT, and I have better odds getting with Emily Ratajkowski than that happening.

Reactions: outside shooter
If you are going by the other site a person said last night that Donovan is a pipe dream.

Not what others have said. 0708 also said that Marshall and Bennett haven't been contacted which to me is a good sign. I think the administration already has their guy.

Only thing that makes me do a double take is ESPN is using some kind of metric that they state is one the committee uses...and we're like the fourth or fifth ranked big ten team. Better than Minnesota, Meatchicken, MSU, etc.

I think it weighs quality wins and close games higher and bad losses lower.

UNC and Kansas are a couple of gold stars on our horrific resume.

It would be our luck Crean would by a miracle squeak into the dance and we would be stuck with him for another 5-yrs because we are officially "back" again part 2.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Not what others have said. 0708 also said that Marshall and Bennett haven't been contacted which to me is a good sign. I think the administration already has their guy.
I'm pretty sure that Bennett has 0 interest in this job.

No self-respecting coach would discuss taking a position that is not even available yet. I hardly doubt that Billy D. is discussing anything with anyone connected to IU.

Not sure that a team who's won 4 games in 5 weeks has a 4 game streak in them.

I think they do too.

300h.jpg

Last edited:
Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!!

Hoosiers see shot at salvaging NCAA bid
End of 5-game skid raising confidence

This is the type of game Crean led teams can, at times, win.

We get to see that glimmer of Indiana basketball prowess that we all yearn for, only to see it fade as quickly as a Diet Coke down CTC's gullet.

Purdue isn't that good of a team. Beating two or three top 5 teams at the end of the year could give us a boost, but we don't play anyone that can help us. It is the BTT or we are done. I don't think we are a lock for the NIT at this point!

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT