ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson

BizAlum

Benchwarmer
Feb 15, 2008
Wilson deserves credit as these kids never gave up during the year however if I'm Glass I keep his feet to the fire and hold him accountable to shore up the QB, TE, and wide receiver positions we have no depth. We went backwards this year even with the defense much improved. Kelly and his WR mate will get every chance to earn PT or even a starter spot. Wilson won't get a pass next year if we show the same ineptness on offense

You want to measure progress of the football program?

Your post is spot on . . . and very telling. We're no longer talking in terms of needing to upgrade the DLine, OLine, linebackers or secondary. When was the last time we ended a season without those on our "gotta get" list?

I agree with both of you..

Wilson is a offensive minded coach. Yet the qb and te position can't be nonexistent and expect to succeed.
Add to it inexperience wide receiver play which was horrible and
I believe the reason for suds inconsistent play earlier this year.

Brian knorr ended up a great hire. Going to a 3/4 gave this D confidence. Still have secondary issues. But
Next year should have more depth and experience in knorrs system. Wilson did say in his press conferences offense is his blunder and will address it.

This post was edited on 11/29 9:02 PM by eastcoasthoosier

Re: You want to measure progress of the football program?

I respectfully disagree that we will end a season without some additional "gotta get" defensive personnel. While there was great progress on the defensive side of the football this season, we cannot let up in acquiring the best talent on defense. Great teams separate themselves with a strong defensive team, which allows the offense to flourish. I want to add more depth with talented defensive players, and continue to be selective at the offensive playmaker positions. Offensive line as well (as defense).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT